Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 1st, 2019, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Chucky (Charles Lee Ray)

I'd want one of our wording gurus to go over the specifics of the fix, but I support the change in principle.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I missed the previous conversation. What exactly is the issue it is solving and how?
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:41 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Presently you can engage figures with Chucky while he's in Barbie Mode when he's untargetable, so that they can't attack him or anyone else they're not engaged with so they have to either do nothing or disengage, risking an LEA.
It wasn't intended and dok observed it being a bit cheesy at a tourney.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:44 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I missed the previous conversation. What exactly is the issue it is solving and how?
dok played LV at a tourney. LV used Chucky to tie figures down, and while in Barbie Mode, Chucky was not able to be attacked, but still prevented the figure he was engaged with from attacking his non-adjacent allies. dok pointed out this as an issue. This was not the intended interpretation of the power, as "he cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers" was meant to allow a figure Chucky is engaged with, to target other figures that are non-adjacent. Thus, for clarity, and to clear up any confusion, Bats suggested adding "and he does not prevent figures engaged with him from making attacks against non-adjacent figures."
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

So it is supposed to be an entire attack and special power denial against Chucky (as in you cannot choose Chucky for an attack or special power at all while he is in Barbie Mode) and not just reverse Daring Decoy esque where if they could attack or choose someone else they must?
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:59 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
So it is supposed to be an entire attack and special power denial against Chucky (as in you cannot choose Chucky for an attack or special power at all while he is in Barbie Mode) and not just reverse Daring Decoy esque where if they could attack or choose someone else they must?
You can't target Chucky until he's out of Barbie Mode. No attacks or specials, and that was to also mean the engaged figure was not prevented from targeting non-adjacent figures instead. Basically, when he's in Barbie Mode, he either attacks, including LEAs, or he uses Child's Play. Once he inflicts a wound, his Barbie Mode is shut off. So if he's engaged with an enemy figure, that enemy would have to either take the leaving engagement, or if they have ranged attacks/specials, use those. Chucky was not intended to be that cheeseable, and to my knowledge, was not tested as such.
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:15 PM
Now moves with Flying.

So was the original wording missing that last bit from the and on?
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:17 PM

Red is the added wording for clarification:
Quote:
BARBIE MODE
After moving a figure you control that started its movement adjacent to Chucky, you may place Chucky on any empty space adjacent to that figure. Chucky is never attacked when leaving engagements. If Chucky has not attacked or inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure yet this game, and is not the only figure you control on the battlefield, he cannot be targeted by an enemy figure for attacks or special powers and he does not prevent figures engaged with him from making attacks against non-adjacent figures.
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That looks good to me, assuming it was tested that way (and as LD you'd knew better than most).
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
That looks good to me, assuming it was tested that way (and as LD you'd knew better than most).
It was always my understanding that that’s how he worked. I re-read through and it seemed that was the general direction we were aiming for but I don’t believe it was explicitly stated clearly. I just know we were very cognizant of avoiding the issues of Clingy, and were working hand in hand with dok to come to an approach that wouldn’t be as much of a competitive pain. That being said, it appears the wording we landed on wasn’t 100% clear, so I believe this should rectify that.
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Works for me. It matches LD intent, has limited moment-to-moment impact, makes the card strictly worse, and resolves competitive concerns, so I see no reason not to just make the adjustment.
Old September 1st, 2019, 04:29 PM

That’s my feelings on the matter. Dok seems to think Chucky is already quite good, so I see no harm in erroring against him being unintendingly too good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library