Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 24th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Knights of Weston

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamissflash View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
I like to use:

Knights x2
Finn
Thorgrim
Nilfheim
10 point filler

It lacks a lot of range, but a 7 attack and 5 defense Nilfeim is a great cleanup/range option to this army.
Bold added
I assume this army has 2 knights?

I would count Nilf as a decent chunk of range, especially with the Thorgrim buff.
Just can't let him get engaged. Thanks for the correction, I think I had typed 3 instead of two and never really completely fixed it.
Old November 24th, 2014, 05:51 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Nilfy can't provide a HUGE chunk of range support, I prefer Krav over Nilfy.

Here's the army
Knights x2 - 140
Alastair - 250
Krav - 350
Eldgrim - 380
Finn/Thorgrim, whatever suits you - 460
Last 40 points? Any ideas?

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old November 24th, 2014, 11:43 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro_Warlord View Post
Nilfy can't provide a HUGE chunk of range support, I prefer Krav over Nilfy.

Here's the army
Knights x2 - 140
Alastair - 250
Krav - 350
Eldgrim - 380
Finn/Thorgrim, whatever suits you - 460
Last 40 points? Any ideas?
I would probably ditch Eldgrim and use the 40 points combined to get another squad of knights. Or I would just go Marcu and both little ninjas.
Old November 27th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

Thank you for all the suggestions.
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:35 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Gilbert massively improved them. With Gilbert, they're now 4/4's with 6 move for 70 points! (Extra attack by Attack Aura 1, Extra move from average Jandar's Dispatch rolls.)
C'mon, I dare you to tell me a unit better than a 4/4 with 6 move, 4 attacks per turn and 70 point common status.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Gilbert massively improved them. With Gilbert, they're now 4/4's with 6 move for 70 points! (Extra attack by Attack Aura 1, Extra move from average Jandar's Dispatch rolls.)
C'mon, I dare you to tell me a unit better than a 4/4 with 6 move, 4 attacks per turn and 70 point common status.
Warriors of Ashra, backed by their flagbearer. 3/3 (+small chance to stop damage) with 5 or 7 move, 3 attacks per turn, 50 point common status, and indestructible versus melee. :P

The knights are quite strong though. I've considered pairing them with Sentinels and the Flagbearer. Anytime you don't feel that a knight needs to move, you can move a Sentinel up instead! This'll let you advance two waves at once, the latter of which making for a sturdy cleanup force.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

I could see an argument for Spartacus, Crixus, and some Capuans. They are always 4/4, no adjacency required. They get one less attack per turn, but their bonding heroes hit harder. And the icing on the very delicious gladiator cake is the bonus to initiative. I think I like the Knights better, myself, but I could see the argument.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old December 8th, 2014, 06:21 PM

@mtl1998 : Without heroes, this is purely numbers. 6 Squads of Knights: 24 figs. 6 Squads of Capuans: 18 figs. So, assuming every figure defending whiffs and every attacker rolls all skulls. I'm also assuming the terrain is flat and open. It takes the Knights 5 Order Markers to kill all the Capuans. It takes the Capuans 8 Order Markers to kill all the Knights. It's the squad size. Knights get 4 attacks, so they can wipe out a squad plus one more. Capuans have 3 attacks, so they can't kill a whole squad of Knights.

Same applies to 4th Mass. V.S. Stingers.

It's numbers.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old April 4th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Opps. He did it again.

Airborne Elite 5 is surprisingly tart

For some reason, I can't get these guys to work for me. I can build effective armies with them, but I just can't play the knights correctly. Any advice on this matter would be great.
Old April 4th, 2015, 04:34 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
For some reason, I can't get these guys to work for me. I can build effective armies with them, but I just can't play the knights correctly. Any advice on this matter would be great.
Use Sir Gilbert.

His ability to move 4 extra Knights is beyond helpful, even if you're only getting to move them a space or two at a time.

Alternatively, I've always liked to include Concan with Knights when I can. Though you can't bond with him, having a hero which can both Fly and act as a front-line cheerleader can be worth the OM investment, particularly if he's occupying a glyph while your Knights and bonded champions do the heavy work.

BTW, what points are you usually playing at when you use Knights?

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old April 5th, 2015, 03:28 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne Elite 5 View Post
Try a Knights, Thorgrim, and Raelin combo. Also, make sure (with most armies) to have more than one squad of them, though one can do some damage, it isn't consistent enough in my opinion.

Also keep in mind that if you base an army around these guys it's probably going to be a melee army, so it's not going to work in every situation.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old April 6th, 2015, 12:48 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Gilbert is a great Choice for the Knights since he gets them going, but don't be afraid to let him take part in the action. His aura and the extra attack are worth it in most situations (just don't let him get chewed up by range. Another important strategy with the Knights is to move out of the back of your start zone first if you can. That way your replacements are closer to the action when you lose members of your front line.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units