Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old November 1st, 2019, 06:28 PM

Meerca is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Here is a general question. What are your thoughts on heroscape as a financial investment, the heroscape market, the game as a collectable, ect?

I've always loved the idea of investing money in things that I can use/enjoy that will retain their value. For example I used to play Magic the Gathering and loved that I could invest money in cards, enjoy and play them, and be confident that I could sell them anytime if I no longer wanted them or to use the money somewhere else. I'm getting back into heroscape and plan on investing more into the game to be able to build more kinds of fun armies. I don't picture myself ever having multiples of every common squad, but I'd like to work towards having one copy of each unit I'd like to play and a couple of the terrain sets. Any advice on building a collection would be appreciated too.
Old November 1st, 2019, 06:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

ROTH IRAs are probably a better bet.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 1st, 2019, 10:01 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yes but you can’t play with an IRA I think Heroscape will probably appreciate less than 5% if you started now, but if you are trying to justify your spending on Scape as something that you can always sell and not loose $, I think it is good idea. That is unless the unlikely situation that Heroscape rereleases past stuff or ever sells it.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 10:22 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Yes but you can’t play with an IRA
Sure you can! You just have to let it mature enough.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 2nd, 2019, 10:36 AM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

If you're thinking about it from an investment standpoint I would highly recommend buying big lots/collections.
Many people don't want to spend the time piecing things out and selling individually. That takes a lot of time and effort. You can usually get a collection for ~60%-70% of what the full value would be because you are saving the seller a huge hassle. Just look on eBay at how many people try to sell big collections at full price. Those lots never sell. But they will often eventually sell when someone contacts the individual and makes them an offer at that 60-70% range.
Of course, it's hard to buy collections because you have to have a good chunk of change to spend.
Old November 2nd, 2019, 11:10 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerca View Post
Here is a general question. What are your thoughts on heroscape as a financial investment, the heroscape market, the game as a collectable, ect?

I've always loved the idea of investing money in things that I can use/enjoy that will retain their value. For example I used to play Magic the Gathering and loved that I could invest money in cards, enjoy and play them, and be confident that I could sell them anytime if I no longer wanted them or to use the money somewhere else. I'm getting back into heroscape and plan on investing more into the game to be able to build more kinds of fun armies. I don't picture myself ever having multiples of every common squad, but I'd like to work towards having one copy of each unit I'd like to play and a couple of the terrain sets. Any advice on building a collection would be appreciated too.
Don't view it as an investment. Much of the major growth has already happened (look at Aquilla's Alliance/Ticalla Jungle as the major example).
We don't see that growth anymore. The only "investment" is in your fun nowdays. You have no guarantee of sustained value. Especially with how at certain prices it doesn't sell (even though people keep listing them over and over, hoping to strike it rich), who knows the demand might completely fall off and then it's just plastic worth barely anything.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 2nd, 2019, 11:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

3D printing will also contribute to the prices of scape dropping. Plus, tiles are breaking, slowly dropping the value of what you already own.

It’s a game, not an investment.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
3D printing will also contribute to the prices of scape dropping. Plus, tiles are breaking, slowly dropping the value of what you already own.

It’s a game, not an investment.
This +1.
Old November 11th, 2019, 12:59 AM

Hero89 Woo who?

Is tabletop simulator used often for online events these days or is it still mainly Google docs? I have not seen any major Heroscape + the extra fan content that this sight has made on tabletop simulator and was wondering if there was anything like that as well.
Old November 11th, 2019, 01:44 AM

C3G has a pretty solid TTS library if Superheroscape is something that interests you.

Old February 1st, 2020, 06:22 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Hey hope this is the right place for this:

I'm having trouble posting an image of a custom card. I have a lenovo chromebook,when I create the card(s) I download them to my clipboard, but for some reason I can't copy/paste them into a post on here. Thanks!

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old February 1st, 2020, 06:24 PM

You need to have the image posted on the Internet somewhere and copy the image location and then use this to paste it in.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's