Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
The new Real or Imposter says the imitated figure's allies can't attack Chamelion unless the imitated figure is within 4 spaces. Should be they can't attack when his victim is within 4 spaces.
I'm not sure which stance to take on this. I was thinking about it some more and thematically wouldn't it make more sense if Chameleon could be attacked when the real one was nearby? Then the friendlys could determine who was the real and who was the fake. ALso if you only saw your ally (imitated Chameleon) why would you attack him. When you see both then you know one is a fake.

Then again it couldd work the other way where figures are afraid to hit the wrong one when they are close, and they cn't tell the fake from the real.

Old August 16th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
In terms of gameplay, I think it's much better for the opposing player to have that choice between the imitated figure attacking Chamelion or all other figures attacking him. That's a choice that might go either way. The way it's written now, you can target Chamelion with either everything you own or nothing. There's only one way to go-- not much of a choice. It's more strategic to give the choice that you might have to think about.
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:05 PM

Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby! Boromir_and_kermit rolls all skulls baby!
If you wanted to, make him not be able to be attacked unless the ally is within 4 spaces. If you want to attack Chameleon then, before moving you must roll a D20 1-6 you move in and attack your own figure (you must complete the move or try to at least) 7-20 you may attack Chameleon as normal. Makes it work both ways. (Probably ups his power a bit too)

Ben.

"Hi Ho, what new devilry is this?" - this may have been said if Kermit the Frog and Boromir were combined and set loose upon the world... probably not though.
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:12 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
In terms of gameplay, I think it's much better for the opposing player to have that choice between the imitated figure attacking Chamelion or all other figures attacking him. That's a choice that might go either way. The way it's written now, you can target Chamelion with either everything you own or nothing. There's only one way to go-- not much of a choice. It's more strategic to give the choice that you might have to think about.
Good point on the strategy tip. It does make a much more interesting aspect. Also then you could Imitate a close-by weak figure so only he could attack you, and Chameleon could be safe for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir_and_kermit
If you wanted to, make him not be able to be attacked unless the ally is within 4 spaces. If you want to attack Chameleon then, before moving you must roll a D20 1-6 you move in and attack your own figure (you must complete the move or try to at least) 7-20 you may attack Chameleon as normal. Makes it work both ways. (Probably ups his power a bit too)

Ben.
I though about this approach too, but I wanted the feel of being completely fooled, or not at all. Also as Troll Warrior said, Chameleon is not too strong. I'll have an updated card soon. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Old August 17th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
As I said earlier - maybe Chameleon can only be attacked after he attacks someone. Then they can attack him...

Before I suggested:

REAL OR IMPOSTER?
Chameleon starts the game with an Imitation Marker on this card. Before moving, you may choose to place the Imitation Marker on Chameleon or on the Army Card of any figure in Chameleon's line of sight. Chameleon may not be attacked or be the target of a power by any figures friendly to the Imitated figure unless Chameleon has attacked that figure. However, Chameleon may be attacked by the Imitated figure. If Chameleon is wounded, return the Imitation Marker to Chameleon's Army Card.

If they can't tell who he is, why should they be able to snipe him or mind control him?

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:14 AM

Ok how about these two powers then. I would prefer to keep them seperate as they have two different functions. The problem I see with the way you have Real or Imposter? worded is that how are you going to keep track of who can and can't attack Chameleon. If I attack one arrow grut, then can all the arrow gruts attack Chameleon or just that one? If I attack Spiderman when I am imitating Venom then can Spiderman attack me if I switch my Imitation Marker to start imitating Thanos? I think it makes the power too confusing. I agree though that if they can't tell who he is they shouldn't attack him, but I can't think of an easy way to fit that in.

MASTER OF IMITATION

"Before moving, you may choose any figure within line of sight of Chameleon and place an Imitation Marker on that figure's card. Chameleon is now considered to have the same species, class, and personality as the army card with the Imitation Marker. At the start of Chameleon's turn place the Imitation Marker on Chameleon's army card."

REAL OR IMPOSTER?

"Chameleon may not be attacked by figures friendly to the figure with an Imitation Marker on its army card unless the imitated figure is within 4 spaces of Chameleon. Chameleon may always be attacked by a figure with an Imitation Marker."

Old August 17th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Ok here's new Chameleon. Unless there is an easy way to make it so that he can only be attack by those who he attacks first, I think he is good excpet the points. Tell me what you think.

Old August 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I really like chameleon, good job. I was never a big fan of cards with markers but I dont see any other way of pulling off his imitation power, cool stuff by the way.

Now the no attacking him except for the guy attacking him: here is an alternate spin on that, if anyone other than the imitated figure attacks chameleon, roll the D20. On a 1-10, roll defense as normal. On an 11-20, all damage dealt is applied to the imitated figure who may roll defense as normal. I would also lower his cost to about 100-120 range for his stats and possibly give him a ranged attack.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:43 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Here I go beating the dead horse...

You are still allowing Chameleon to be shot by Deadeye Dan and the target of many other powers. I'm not sure that should be the case. In disguise he should not be targetable by your opponent.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Well I dont know Doc, he should be targetable, as spiderman had little problems finding him, but he should be easily confused with the person he is imitating. Though I get the point of that too, why would they shoot someone who they think is a friend? I can buy that too, where only the imitated guy should be able to target him with any attack or ability.

You should also make it that only the imitated figure can give leaving engagement attacks to chameleon (from that opponent) as the rest think he is a friendly figure.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Ok another update. He is targetable only when the Imitated figure is within 3 spaces. I figure when they are that close you should be able to tell the real from the fake. Also Chameleon will not take disengagement attacks from figures friendly to the imitated one.

If that wraps everything up here is Spidey Villain #2...

Vulture (info) - Spiderman's second foe. An old man who can... ummm... fly, yeah, and is always trying to steal Spiderman's youth for himself.

Old August 17th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Vulture looks like a nice gamble. The need to spend order marker 1 to not attack keeps his defense reduction firmly in check, but the fact that he can weaken one figure while engaged with another boosts him back up a little bit. The best part is that he screams "team player." You really need other strong Spider-Man enemies to deliver blows against a weakened Spidey on markers 2 and 3 in case Vulture falls before he can make a 5 attack on 2 defense.

Off topic, but you know who else seem like excellent Spider-Man enemies? Cyprien and Sonlen. Not only are they close in point value, they have both D20 wounding that beats Spider-Sense and healing powers to help them hang in there for a long fight against a low-attack, high-defense figure.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations