Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 11th, 2020, 07:03 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I've been playing a lot of Keyforge lately. Anyone else here given it a try?
I like it quite a bit, and I'm not typically into that genre. Don't play it much, though. I think I've only played once since I got a new deck at GenCon.
I have a few decks & have played it a couple of times per deck. I like it a lot but don't get to play it too much. Mainly played against my twins but they give up too easily & don't stay focused for length of time it takes to play it.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Up to 35 games in of Marvel Champions LCG. I'm going over to a friend's house today to teach the game to him, so that will be a couple more games.

I'm getting a lot of value from this game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 11th, 2020, 11:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I've been playing a lot of Keyforge lately. Anyone else here given it a try?
I like it quite a bit, and I'm not typically into that genre. Don't play it much, though. I think I've only played once since I got a new deck at GenCon.
I have a few decks & have played it a couple of times per deck. I like it a lot but don't get to play it too much. Mainly played against my twins but they give up too easily & don't stay focused for length of time it takes to play it.
They do have free online play at https://www.thecrucible.online/ too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 11th, 2020, 05:39 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I still don't have the 7WD expansion, but man is that a hell of a 2-player game.
I have the expansion but only played it once - I really like the core game a lot as is.
Yep, we played it TONS before the expansion came out. A LGS went out of business shortly after and I got it (A few weeks after release) for half price. Weirdly enough we didn't play it a ton after the expansion, but it's really good. My only complaint is it adds complexity to a pretty streamlined game.
Yeah my sense of it from what little I've seen is it's almost a whole different game after the expansion (still good, just different).

Been playing Wingspan (with expansion) both with the wife and against the AI. I think I've beat the AI like once out of a dozen games...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 11th, 2020, 05:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Oh not that different at all, just an added sideboard with some new actions with more opportunities to gain more combat and science!
Old January 11th, 2020, 05:52 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Oh not that different at all, just an added sideboard with some new actions with more opportunities to gain more combat and science!
Can't you do certain actions in place of using a card in the tableau? That interrupts the normal back-and-forth, allowing players to stall somewhat, trying to force their opponent to make a choice where they don't want to. To me, that's a pretty significant change.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 11th, 2020, 05:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Technically yeah, but those actions cost a LOT of money, and in the first round they’re not available, but both players place the action according to cost, so there’s a lot of strategy to those actions.

I’m not trying to convince you to get it by the way! The base game is awesome and I’d be perfectly happy playing just that in the future too!
Old January 12th, 2020, 02:40 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played Maracaibo, Cooper Island, and Marvel Champions the last few days. All fantastic games. There are so many good games now that it is tough to decide what to play. Newest wins most of the time.
Old January 12th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I taught my buddy Brian how to play Marvel Champions yesterday. We played with him as Spidey and me as Black Panther. The first game was the teaching game with us going against standard Rhino. We won and it wasn't very difficult, though we had to still pay attention, and Brian it was Brian's first game.

After that, I asked if he'd like to try a different hero, or try the same heroes vs expert Rhino, or try same heroes vs Klaw. He chose to play same heroes vs standard Klaw. He had a grasp of what Spidey could do and wanted to try him again, knowing how to plan better. And going against a different villain to see the difference. We won, but barely. We definitely had to do some coordinating, especially the last few rounds when the game was on the line. We had gotten the Immortal Klaw side scheme 3 times in that game, and it bumps up Klaw's hit points by 10 until the side scheme is defeated. Meanwhile, we have to be wary of the threat on the main scheme as well, since that goes up each villain phase, and more so if you are in alter-ego form.

Brian liked it. So that's good, and it was cool to play with another person controlling a second hero, rather than me playing 2 of them. Up 38 games of it, and haven't tried playing against Ultron or Green Goblin yet, nor expert Klaw, nor with different villain modules, nor with non-standard pre-built decks for the heroes. So many more plays ahead of me.

Looking forward to getting the Thor hero pack, then the Wrecking Crew villain set, and then the Black Widow, Doctor Strange and Hulk hero packs.

Old January 12th, 2020, 07:23 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm 1-5 against Klaw. Hes pretty tough. In most of the games against him I felt like I was in a winnable position and then, wham, something big happens and it's over. Tried 2 games today against Green Goblin, going 1-1 with Black Panther and Captain America. Really interesting mechanic switching between Osbourn and Goblin, you really have to think ahead more. Dealing with Green Goblins indirect damage ever time he switches is challenging. Haven't tried Ultron, or anyone on expert yet. Haven't tried Iron Man yet either. I'm really enjoying the variability, every game has played differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I taught my buddy Brian how to play Marvel Champions yesterday. We played with him as Spidey and me as Black Panther. The first game was the teaching game with us going against standard Rhino. We won and it wasn't very difficult, though we had to still pay attention, and Brian it was Brian's first game.

After that, I asked if he'd like to try a different hero, or try the same heroes vs expert Rhino, or try same heroes vs Klaw. He chose to play same heroes vs standard Klaw. He had a grasp of what Spidey could do and wanted to try him again, knowing how to plan better. And going against a different villain to see the difference. We won, but barely. We definitely had to do some coordinating, especially the last few rounds when the game was on the line. We had gotten the Immortal Klaw side scheme 3 times in that game, and it bumps up Klaw's hit points by 10 until the side scheme is defeated. Meanwhile, we have to be wary of the threat on the main scheme as well, since that goes up each villain phase, and more so if you are in alter-ego form.

Brian liked it. So that's good, and it was cool to play with another person controlling a second hero, rather than me playing 2 of them. Up 38 games of it, and haven't tried playing against Ultron or Green Goblin yet, nor expert Klaw, nor with different villain modules, nor with non-standard pre-built decks for the heroes. So many more plays ahead of me.

Looking forward to getting the Thor hero pack, then the Wrecking Crew villain set, and then the Black Widow, Doctor Strange and Hulk hero packs.
Old January 13th, 2020, 01:12 AM
...has moist legs

Played another few games of Death May Die. The balance is super razor tight. We won the second game on the turn that our last player alive would have died. It’s such a fun game with some amazing minis that I’m really enjoying painting!
Old January 13th, 2020, 09:29 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericth74 View Post
I'm 1-5 against Klaw. Hes pretty tough. In most of the games against him I felt like I was in a winnable position and then, wham, something big happens and it's over. Tried 2 games today against Green Goblin, going 1-1 with Black Panther and Captain America. Really interesting mechanic switching between Osbourn and Goblin, you really have to think ahead more. Dealing with Green Goblins indirect damage ever time he switches is challenging. Haven't tried Ultron, or anyone on expert yet. Haven't tried Iron Man yet either. I'm really enjoying the variability, every game has played differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

I want to try Klaw again. But between Saturday night and yesterday, I got 2 more games in vs Rhino. I hadn't played She-Hulk for awhile, so I took the Aggression aspect cards from Iron Man and gave them to She-Hulk, and had her team up with Ms Marvel. They took down standard Rhino easily, then I tried against expert Rhino and it was tougher. Next, for the first time I'm going to switch out the Bomb Scare module in Rhino regular deck and add in the one with Madame Hydra and a lot of Hydra guys. It's difficulty 4 vs the difficulty 1 of the Bomb Scare module, so we'll see how that goes.

Can't wait to go against Green Goblin. Seems like a totally different vibe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games