Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 26th, 2019, 08:23 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Thanks for your interest, addict!

Each C3V custom identifies the mini used in the OP. And you can download and print the pdf, also in the OP. I’m sorry you aren’t finding enough on sale or for trade at the moment.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:29 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

I'm currently working on rebasing my ever expanding collection of C3V/SoV figures. It seems like the conventional wisdom is to cannibalize unused figures or to order 3d printed bases from yoadking. I've gotten pretty far with the cannibalize approach, but it I'm almost out of figures to cannibalize and it's really hard to come by the large singe hex bases or the small D&D bases going this route. Also, it doesn't always look the cleanest when you have to rip something off the base and then slap something new back on. My next plan was to contact yodaking and hopefully he'd be willing to sell me some of his bases (he can't be making any money at the prices he charges, so I'm assuming he does this out of the goodness of his heart for the community?), but I was playing a match against a friend who uses these bases and we noticed that the bases don't fit on ladders. I hope this doesn't make me a tool, but that really bothers me and my OCD tendencies. So I'm wondering, is there anyone out there who is printing and selling bases that fit into the ladders? Or is there another approach that I'm not aware of that people are using?
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:39 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A couple suggestions/clarifications:

It's yodajunkie who sells bases, not yodaking. Many people have made that mistake, though, so don't feel bad. His are resin cast rather than 3d printed (basically he pours resin into a mold and then pops out the bases when it's dry).

The other person who sells bases is White Knight, and his are 3d printed. This means they have an open bottom like regular official bases, and they're a little bit lighter (weight-wise).

I just tested both of their bases, and neither fits in ladders, but they're close. I think you should be able to sand down either of their bases with a fine sandpaper until you reach the required thickness.

Or, you could mention you had that issue before you place an order, and ask if you could get some that were a bit thinner.
Old May 29th, 2019, 02:19 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
A couple suggestions/clarifications:

It's yodajunkie who sells bases, not yodaking. Many people have made that mistake, though, so don't feel bad. His are resin cast rather than 3d printed (basically he pours resin into a mold and then pops out the bases when it's dry).

The other person who sells bases is White Knight, and his are 3d printed. This means they have an open bottom like regular official bases, and they're a little bit lighter (weight-wise).

I just tested both of their bases, and neither fits in ladders, but they're close. I think you should be able to sand down either of their bases with a fine sandpaper until you reach the required thickness.

Or, you could mention you had that issue before you place an order, and ask if you could get some that were a bit thinner.
Thanks @superfrog ! I never thought about just sanding them down a little. That should do the trick.
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:29 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

If a figure dies at the end of the round due to a power on their card (such as "at the end of every round, destroy this figure") but is standing on Wannok, which effect triggers first? Would they get to roll for Wannok before being destroyed, or be killed off before they can take advantage of it?

My answer was that the effects are simultaneous since they both specify "at the end of every round," so the player would have to roll dice to determine which one triggers first. If I'm correct, is there another, more clear way to word such a power to avoid this problem?
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I think I'd want to see the wording on the card. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this question is about a design in progress, and not one of ours?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 6th, 2019, 09:49 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's a picture of the card with the problematic power:
Spoiler Alert!

It's not on a C3V card, but it's on something that I'm hoping will be a SoV one eventually.
Old June 7th, 2019, 10:28 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
If a figure dies at the end of the round due to a power on their card (such as "at the end of every round, destroy this figure") but is standing on Wannok, which effect triggers first? Would they get to roll for Wannok before being destroyed, or be killed off before they can take advantage of it?

My answer was that the effects are simultaneous since they both specify "at the end of every round," so the player would have to roll dice to determine which one triggers first. If I'm correct, is there another, more clear way to word such a power to avoid this problem?
In VC we have ruled that a player can decide order of their own simultaneous powers happens first. That's not Hasbro official, though.
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:32 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post

In VC we have ruled that a player can decide order of their own simultaneous powers happens first. That's not Hasbro official, though.

Except that, at 'End of Round' it is not any player's turn, so who decides? When there is no active player, I think it comes down to a d20-off.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 7th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Except that, at 'End of Round' it is not any player's turn, so who decides? When there is no active player, I think it comes down to a d20-off.
It's not a turn-based decision. It's whether or not multiple simultaneous effects are owned by the same player. If there are simultaneous effects owned by different players, it will be a roll-off between them. But we ruled that as unnecessary for effects owned by a single player. Thus, in this case, the player would decide whether to use Wannok before or after the unit's power.
Old June 7th, 2019, 12:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You could also shift the timing:
Quote:
....At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, remove all Seishin Samurai from the battlefield.
(But this is probably a discussion better suited for either the Pre-SoV Workshop or your personal customs thread).
Old June 7th, 2019, 02:00 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You could also shift the timing:
Quote:
....At the beginning of each round, before placing order markers, remove all Seishin Samurai from the battlefield.
(But this is probably a discussion better suited for either the Pre-SoV Workshop or your personal customs thread).
I think it's more of a general question and doesn't necessarily have to do with customs at all. Heroscape is a game system and the question is about a rule in that game system. It can come up with scenario based elements, not just custom unit abilities.

Regardless, it's a good question and I like/agree with the answers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs