Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old October 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape with HexScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Fourth solution : I made a generator here... not sure if it works at 100%, but should be a pretty good start.

To make it easier to setup Hexscape, I've combined all the classic cards and objects into a single asset file. Download the attached file and install it in Hexscape and it will install all the classic figures at once (no need to install individual waves).

Heroscape Classic Assets.hsd
Old October 31st, 2018, 12:38 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
To make it easier to setup Hexscape, I've combined all the classic cards and objects into a single asset file. Download the attached file and install it in Hexscape and it will install all the classic figures at once (no need to install individual waves).

Please use the above file instead of the individual waves. I made a mistake naming one of the folders on several of the waves (3DObjects should be 3dObjects) and it won't import correctly.

The combined Assets file should be correct.
Old October 31st, 2018, 12:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I haven't yet had success loading an army.I just downloaded all those assets, and used DanieLoche's generator. I go to "Load Army", choose my army file, and then nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old October 31st, 2018, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I haven't yet had success loading an army.I just downloaded all those assets, and used DanieLoche's generator. I go to "Load Army", choose my army file, and then nothing happens. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
After you downloaded the Assets and opened Hexscape, did you go to Options and install the Assets? To do that, before starting a game, you must go to the Options Icon, change the game to Heroscape, select the Assets tab, choose the downloaded file, and install the assets).

I did that, and I can load armies no problem.

Assuming you did that, I found an issue with DanieLoche's generator. The issue is with the Waves D1-D3. As an example, for Phantom Knights: @DanieLoche uses: dnd_PhantomKnights
I called them: classic_PhantomKnights

I used the classic prefix for ALL the names. Also, I don't have Marvel or VC figures in there yet.

If you plan to use D1-D3 figures, open the army file and change the prefix to classic.
Old October 31st, 2018, 03:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've loaded all the assets, and it said "assets installed" or whatever the success message is. I think it was the dnd/classic thing. It works! Wow!
Old October 31st, 2018, 03:42 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Oh indeed, at the time I made this generator (quite early on, only Master Set 1 and wave 1 were made at this moment), we did not decide exactly what to do with D1 to D3 waves about naming.

I corrected it on the generator.

An army file (made with the generator or not) won't work if there is even one mistake on it !
If you have issues, try an army file as simple as possible to see if it's because of this or not. (for example an army with only 1-2 cards from wave 1 only).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 31st, 2018, 03:44 PM
This is merely a joke.

After I had problems with one of my army files early on, I did just what you suggested, and made an army that just had Sergeant Drake. That didn't work, sadly.

The generator works great, though! Many thanks!
Old October 31st, 2018, 03:57 PM
This is merely a joke.

Last questions (for now):

How do I rotate figures, especially double-spaced ones?

How do we get VC figures added? If we could implement an Art step in the C3V where we got enough photos to make serviceable 3D models, that would be cool. Not sure how much work it would be, though.
Old October 31st, 2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrgard View Post
I made a new version to correct the problem with the cards images not being displayed. I also changed the scroll wheel to zoom in and out instead of + and -. To rotate the figures, you need to use "R" and "T" now.

The new version can be found here
New version works great!
If you are using the latest program from Lyrgard, see above.
Old October 31st, 2018, 04:19 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thanks!
Old October 31st, 2018, 04:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I somehow missed that HexScape was made with Java, which gives me hope that I can use it with my Mac. It looks like a great resource to have, especially since I'm introducing people to the game who can't afford to start their own collections.

Quote:
Quote:

Please use the above file instead of the individual waves. I made a mistake naming one of the folders on several of the waves (3DObjects should be 3dObjects) and it won't import correctly.

The combined Assets file should be correct.
Does this include the Master Sets and all other necessary HeroScape files, or are there additional downloads required? I've imported this into HexScape and the HeroScape options are now all showing up, but no map has loaded.
Old October 31st, 2018, 05:46 PM

@Astroking112 , You can open any VirtualScape map in Hexscape.

I've moved all the new files to a new Hexscape thread:
Hexscape 3D Heroscape

@Lyrgard hasn't been updating his OP, and the important files are now scattered. Please use the new thread for all Hexscape questions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software