Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM

tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby! tannergx rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Marcu Esenwein

I have a question about Life Drain that I did not see in this thread. In a game last night, my opponent attempted a Pounce attack with a Badru Wolf on Marcu and failed to kill him. As a result, the wolf was destroyed.

Should Marcu get to remove a wound marker? In the game we didn't, but the more I read Life Drain, the more I'm wondering. It was Marcu's shields that resulted in the wolf being destroyed.

Has it ever come up?

~tgx

Edit: See Rÿchean's follow-up. Wow... embarassing. Don't know why I didn't check the FAQs first. Sorry for the spam.

Last edited by tannergx; October 21st, 2010 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Being a dumb***...
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:13 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannergx View Post
I have a question about Life Drain that I did not see in this thread. In a game last night, my opponent attempted a Pounce attack with a Badru Wolf on Marcu and failed to kill him. As a result, the wolf was destroyed.

Should Marcu get to remove a wound marker? In the game we didn't, but the more I read Life Drain, the more I'm wondering. It was Marcu's shields that resulted in the wolf being destroyed.

Has it ever come up?

~tgx
Yep..it has come up...

From the FAQ:

If one of the Wolves of Badru attempts to Pounce and fails to destroy the defending figure, the attacking Wolf is destroyed. For figures like Cyprian Esenwein, Zombies of Morindan, and Tagawa Samurai, does the defending figure get “credit” for destroying the figure? They each have powers that trigger when destroying an opponent’s figure.
No. The defending figure does not get credit for the kill when a Wolf of Badru fails in its Pounce Special Attack.

Link in my sig

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 22nd, 2010, 04:38 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But if somehow a character had Life Drain and Counter Strike?

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:52 AM

YoYoCheese is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Ogre Pulvirizer attacks Marcu, Marcu rolls one shield (or more if something's increasing his defence), and the Ogre somehow rolls zero skulls.
Old October 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYoCheese View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Ogre Pulvirizer attacks Marcu, Marcu rolls one shield (or more if something's increasing his defence), and the Ogre somehow rolls zero skulls.
Marcu is dealing the damage, by way of a rule change that allows him to do it with shields instead of skulls. I think Marcu would get to get the Life Drain.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; October 22nd, 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Rampant speculation on my part, btw...
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:13 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I believe the precedent for this has already been set - Tagawa Samurai get experience for counterstrike kills.

While we're on the subject, I believe leaving engagement attacks also count.

WoB pounce is a special case where the target does not get credit for the kill.
Old January 24th, 2015, 08:11 AM

greenlee_smythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral View Post
The Plot thickens... i asked for more clarification and was told this (in refrence to the DW7k ruling)

Quote:
Troy,

Thank you for writing. The reference in Deathwalker 7000’s FAQ entry refers to his turn, and not the entire turn. Once his turn is up and his ability has resolved the game ends in a draw as no figures remain.

With Marcu you lose the game if he changes allegiance upon rolling a 17+ for his ability. After this ability resolves your opponent gains control of your Marcu, and you lose due to not having any remaining figures.

Thanks for the great question. Please let me know if you need anymore help!

Good Gaming!

Rob
Customer Service Representative
Wizards of the Coast
1-800-324-6496 (US and Canada)
425-204-8069 (From all other countries)
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm PST / 12pm-9pm EST
This is not correct...because after taking a turn with Marcu, ownership returns to the original owner...so if he is my only figure and i roll a 17 and u take a turn with him, once u are done, i get control of him back. it says so on the first page of this forum.
Old January 24th, 2015, 02:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

You are correct.

The post you quoted from Troy Spiral is over 7 years old and was not accurate when it was originally posted, as the subsequent 2.5 pages of discussion point out.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 6th, 2015, 06:49 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Marcu Esenwein
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 13th, 2015, 12:41 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Marcu Esenwein
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
Not sure if Myrddin should be listed here. Since Marcu is the only figure where adding to a d20 roll is undesirable, it's not really a useful synergy. Similarly, Marcu actually benefits from an opponent's Van Nessing.
Old May 13th, 2015, 06:22 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Desirable and undesirable are in the eye of the beholder. If I really want Marcu to move closer to the action (perhaps so I can use a future order marker to reach a particular space) then I might actually wish for my opponent to take over Marcu and hopefully move him to a place that will be advantageous for me in the future. Perhaps the Myrddin language should state that Marcu is affected rather than benefits however.
Old May 13th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Desirable and undesirable are in the eye of the beholder. If I really want Marcu to move closer to the action (perhaps so I can use a future order marker to reach a particular space) then I might actually wish for my opponent to take over Marcu and hopefully move him to a place that will be advantageous for me in the future. Perhaps the Myrddin language should state that Marcu is affected rather than benefits however.
I would say adding to your roll would not be an advantage. Sure, your opponent might move him to a more developed spot, but it isn't so much a benefit to you as a benefit to your opponent that he might mess up.

This is starting to sound like my guaranteed to have a chance post...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units