Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old June 25th, 2011, 08:14 AM

Utgars_General is surprisingly tart
Re: The Custom Master Set Project

I'll throw in another $20 since nobody has posted up.

http://gamingetc.com/Item/Blood_War/...L75994835.html

http://gamingetc.com/Item/Aberations...L59991835.html

http://gamingetc.com/Item/171_Deathk...L59082835.html
http://gamingetc.com/Item/2869_Dange...L93038835.html

______________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________

http://gamingetc.com/Item/2983_Playe...L94233835.html

http://gamingetc.com/Item/3180_Lords...L05616835.html (The site didn't have a pic.)

http://gamingetc.com/Item/171_Deathk...L59954835.html

This roughly equates to 2 additional submissions. Any more submisions would be appreciated, and I would like them to be in by the end of today.

EDIT: Sorry for the triple post.

My Customs Last Updated: June 9th, 2011
-Now with space-and-time saving organization, and 'Nids!

Last edited by Utgars_General; June 25th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:49 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Another rifle weilding squad for our pleasure($4.50)

Here

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry guys I forgot. I will try to get a few up tomorrow. But the will probably be DnD.
Old June 28th, 2011, 11:56 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

If you guys need any extra help designing units/coming up with powers, I'd be willing to offer up my every now and then. I've always had an interest in custom units, and I think CMSP would be a fun way to get into it without having to buy miniatures/design cards myself. I cannot commit to a lot of playtesting, but I would love to contribute as far as coming up with powers and unit design goes.

Let me know if I'm in
~WB68
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
If you guys need any extra help designing units/coming up with powers, I'd be willing to offer up my every now and then. I've always had an interest in custom units, and I think CMSP would be a fun way to get into it without having to buy miniatures/design cards myself. I cannot commit to a lot of playtesting, but I would love to contribute as far as coming up with powers and unit design goes.

Let me know if I'm in
~WB68
All applicants are accepted(it's part of the point of CMSP). Welcome to the team WB!

Edit: More figure submissions:
Goblin Shaman(Warhammer)$18 for 2 figs. You'll also pick up 90pts for the site(every 100 earned gets you a $1 off of an order, not particulalry great but...)

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; June 29th, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:15 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:

Let me know if I'm in
~WB68
All applicants are accepted(it's part of the point of CMSP). Welcome to the team WB!

Goblin Shaman(Warhammer)$18 for 2 figs. You'll also pick up 90pts for the site(every 100 earned gets you a $1 off of an order, not particulalry great but...)
Awesome, thanks!

I've tried to read through as many pages of this as possible, and I have a pretty good idea of what you guys are tackling, but can someone direct me to the official list of generals and figures (which generals, how many units per general, squads or heroes etc) and any sculpts that have been voted in? Thanks in advance.

I notice that currently you are postings pictures of sculpts... are these for any units in particular?
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Let me know if I'm in
~WB68

Awesome, thanks!

I've tried to read through as many pages of this as possible, and I have a pretty good idea of what you guys are tackling, but can someone direct me to the official list of generals and figures (which generals, how many units per general, squads or heroes etc) and any sculpts that have been voted in? Thanks in advance.

I notice that currently you are postings pictures of sculpts... are these for any units in particular?
Take note that any or all BIG(not just sculpts, but actual layouts and the like)news will be placed in the project announcements on the first page.

Generals being used and how many of each:
Valkrill: 5 Heroes and 3 Squads
Aquilla: 2 Heroes and 1 Squad
Ullar: 2 Heroes and 1 Squad
Einar: 1 Hero and 1 Squad
Vydar: 1 Hero and 1 Squad

Things that(since I was around) were in the works:
Aquilla's Kyrie
Voted in

Dragon Samurai
(unsure about fig at the moment)
We are also using only Unique Squads(to keep costs down and keep it as similar to RotV as possible(my ultimate goal, so if you have ideas for scenarios later on I would be more than happy to hear them, just zap me a PM so I can store it).

We are posting pics(please direct to the Idea Dump everyone, thanks) to figure out what we can use to fill out the ranks. If you have power ideas for any of them, just post them(please at least tell us what fig your going off of. It will help us to narrow down choices later.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Sounds good. The total is 18 units, 11 heroes and 7 squads. RotV has 16 units, with 10 heroes and 6 squads. So it looks like we have successfully mantained that ratio (we are trying to make this most similar to RotV correct?). To try and organize these units to make the design process more organized and simple, I did a little analysis of RotV using the What's in an Order Marker classifications.
Spoiler Alert!

In case you have forgotten here are the classifications:
Spoiler Alert!

Now of course we don't have to imitate RotV exactly, but I think if we are planning on making the gameplay of CMSP anything like it we should keep this ratio of Defenders:Menacers:Cheerleaders:Cleanup:Niche somewhat similar. We need to keep it independent of expansion sets, so gameplay using only the units included must be balanced.

I think in addition to keeping a checklist of the generals and heroes/squads, we should keep track of the types of units we are creating. This will keep the MS balanced and help organize things at the same time.

Thoughts?
Old June 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I could go

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds good. The total is 18 units, 11 heroes and 7 squads. RotV has 16 units, with 10 heroes and 6 squads. So it looks like we have successfully mantained that ratio (we are trying to make this most similar to RotV correct?). To try and organize these units to make the design process more organized and simple, I did a little analysis of RotV using the What's in an Order Marker classifications.
Spoiler Alert!

Now of course we don't have to imitate RotV exactly, but I think if we are planning on making the gameplay of CMSP anything like it we should keep this ratio of Defenders:Menacers:Cheerleaders:Cleanup:Niche somewhat similar. We need to keep it independent of expansion sets, so gameplay using only the units included must be balanced.

I think in addition to keeping a checklist of the generals and heroes/squads, we should keep track of the types of units we are creating. This will keep the MS balanced and help organize things at the same time.

Thoughts?
Although I do like your idea to keep the ratios similar, I also would like to point out that RotV was a little different than today's setting. Things like Defenders and Bread and Butter units were far more blurry, not only due to a lack of figures, but due to a lack of such a classification system and a reason for them(tourneys). Having had a single RotV for many years(since I was like 11-12 until I was about 15), I saw that in a sense, some figs had value in multiple areas(which is why I far prefer something like 9K or Mimring to other similarly priced figs). But that's only with the original set. Nothing added.

So, we need to at least attempt to create a stand-alone version of your chart for RotV.

May I try something like(as I see them within the parameters of RotV)...
Spoiler Alert!

Fortunately, I do know we have 1 of the Cheerleader slots filled with the kyrie.

Other things I wanted to make sure we have:
2 really big figures(could be anything, but 1 will be a dragon)
kyrie(filled)
no "one man" squads(repainted scape figs are allowed however if needed).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:39 AM

Slightly off the current discussion, but seeing our current low figure count, I'm going to add in these guys to the pool. I think I've gone past my $10 limit a couple times now.

Old June 30th, 2011, 01:28 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utgars_General View Post
Slightly off the current discussion, but seeing our current low figure count, I'm going to add in these guys to the pool. I think I've gone past my $10 limit a couple times now.
Those actually look pretty cool. Perhaps an even more futuristic Marro squad, but they fight for Valkrill? But in 5 per pack, how can use the last one? Should we just say, "Paint it and turn it into a hero or something"? That's find by me, but I think we could find additional figs to match it(somewhat).

As a side note, making them a 4 man squad seems likely. If we are to follow the typical Marro themes of revival, perhaps something like Water Clone?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:19 PM

Weren't the Tarn almost a 5 man unique squad?

Here's my ideas:
Valkrill-5 man squad (i guess)- Marro Infection (cloning by killing), defense 2-3, Slaughter Beasts-If adjacent to any non-marro figure, it must attack it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum