Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Red Lantern (Atrocitus): Design

RAGE GAMBIT
Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose to use Rage Gambit if he has not used it yet this turn and there is at least one Battery Marker on this card. After attacking with Rage Gambit, if this Red Lantern inflicts one or more wounds on the defending figure, he may attack one additional time. If he did not inflict any wounds on the defending figure, remove 1 Battery Marker from this card.

A bit wordy but how does this look? It doesn't sound as customy.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I really want to see the whole write up as you intend for it to be, because I think that there are some bigger things that need to be discussed and worked out. Is this what you were looking for:

Quote:
NAME = Red Lantern

SECRET IDENTITY = Atrocitus

SPECIES = Ryutan
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Ravager
PERSONALITY = Furious

SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

RED POWER BATTERY 3

Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Red Lantern's Move, Range and Attack for each Battery Marker on this card.

RAGE VOMIT
After attacking with Red Lantern’s normal attack, if you inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent’s figure, but did not destroy that figure, you may remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The defending figure receives one additional wound for each Battery Marker you remove.

RAGE GAMBIT
Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose to use Rage Gambit if he has not used it yet this turn and there is at least one Battery Marker on this card. After attacking with Rage Gambit, if this Red Lantern inflicts one or more wounds on the defending figure, he may attack one additional time. If he did not inflict any wounds on the defending figure, remove 1 Battery Marker from this card.

FLYING

SUPERSTRENGTH
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

The SP is current minus some wording issues in the last power yes.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:16 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Red Lantern
Atrocitus

Ryutan
Unique Hero
Ravager
Furious
Medium 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

RED POWER BATTERY 3

Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Red Lantern's Move, Range and Attack for each Battery Marker on this card.

RAGE VOMIT
After attacking with Red Lantern’s normal attack, if you inflicted one or more wounds on an opponent’s figure, but did not destroy that figure, you may remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The defending figure receives one additional wound for each Battery Marker you remove.

RAGE GAMBIT

FLYING

SUPERSTRENGTH
RAGE VOMIT
Why even have all these stipulations to power down your lantern and get auto wounds? Isn't the powering down damning enough? Just let them do it after taking a turn, then you also avoid the current weird confusion between Vomit and Gambit.

RAGE GAMBIT
Is it just me, or is there far too much "thinking" going on for a character that should be mostly an instinctive killer. Before attacking. Used a power this turn or not. After attacking with the power. Counting wounds. Attack again. Remove a Battery. Then comprehend it all so you can figure out if you can do it again or not... too much too much much mucho MUCH!! I feel like this power and this design is making my head hurt when it should be very simple instinctive powers.

My take on it with your vision:

Red Lantern
Atrocitus

Ryutan
Unique Hero
Ravager
Furious
Medium 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

RED POWER BATTERY 3

Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Red Lantern's Move, Range and Attack numbers for each Battery Marker on this card.

RAGE GAMBIT
Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose one Battery Marker on this card and add 2 automatic skulls to whatever is rolled. If this Red Lantern fails to inflict a wound on the defending figure, remove the chosen Battery Marker from this card.

RAGE VOMIT
After taking a turn with this Red Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure and remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The chosen figure receives one wound for each removed Battery Marker.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

Just for giggles, this was my idea for Rage Gambit:

RAGE GAMBIT
When this Red Lantern attacks, he may attack one additional time for each Battery Marker on this card. After attacking with Rage Gambit, roll 1 unblockable attack die against this Red Lantern for each Battery Marker on this card.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Tickle Pickle

Those are good suggestions Griffin. Thanks for the help here. SP updated.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:58 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I kind of feel like 2 auto skulls + 9 attack means he'll never lose his Gambit. Except against Green Lanterns, of course. But he could really tear up other figures, even Superman.

EDIT:
Also, since he would almost always lose a Gambit against Yellow or Green Lanterns, and I feel like thematically he should work well against them, does the power need to be re-thought?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Tickle Pickle

I agree with you Margloth. That's why I went with the attack again. Griffin had a decent idea at the end of his post, but this is how I would tweak that power:
RAGE GAMBIT
When this Red Lantern attacks, he may attack one additional time for each Battery Marker on this card. After attacking with Rage Gambit, roll 1 unblockable attack die against this Red Lantern for each attack made by this Red Lantern this turn or remove one Battery Marker from this card.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about this (since wikipedia says Red Rings can corrupt other rings):

RAGE GAMBIT
Before attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose to Risk any number of Battery Markers on this card. After attacking with this Red Lantern, if he inflicted at least one wound on the defending figure or the defending figure removed a Battery Marker to ignore that attack, you may either inflict X additional wounds on the defending figure or remove X Battery Markers from the defending figure's Army Card, where X = the number of Risked Battery Markers. Otherwise, remove all Risked Battery Markers from this card.

Because I want to see Griff yell when he sees Risk back in the power.

Not sure this makes any sense.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:08 PM

Sorry Margloth, but you were right about me hating it. Too much risk and reading.
_____
Tickle, I didn't like my first version too much either, but I was trying to stay somewhat close to your vision. Anyways, the second version of the Gambit is better IMO, so I agree. How about this though:

RAGE GAMBIT
When this Red Lantern attacks, he must attack one additional time for each Battery Marker on this card, if possible. After attacking with Rage Gambit, roll 1 unblockable attack die against this Red Lantern for each Battery Marker on this card or remove one Battery Marker from this card.

Read it carefully. I think that is completely badass and very fitting for the character.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:11 PM
Tickle Pickle

I'm not loving the "must" but I'd like it more if it was only a must power if he had at least one wound.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:13 PM

You know what, even better:

RAGE GAMBIT
When this Red Lantern attacks, he must attack one additional time for each Battery Marker on this card, if possible. After attacking with Rage Gambit, roll 1 unblockable attack die against this Red Lantern for each Battery Marker on this card or remove one Battery Marker from this card.

RAGE VOMIT
Instead of attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure and remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The chosen figure receives one wound for each removed Battery Marker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I'm not loving the "must" but I'd like it more if it was only a must power if he had at least one wound.
Joker has a "must" special attack.

This guy's rage isn't fueled by being hurt though, it is fueled by the prospect of inflicting harm.

Last edited by Griffin; March 3rd, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 10:17 PM

With the all of the best of the best suggestions that I have seen, this writeup is the Bees' Britches:

Red Lantern
Atrocitus

Ryutan
Unique Hero
Ravager
Furious
Medium 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

RED POWER BATTERY 3

Start the game with 3 red Battery Markers on this card. Add one to this Red Lantern's Move, Range and Attack numbers for each Battery Marker on this card.

RAGE GAMBIT

RAGE VOMIT
Instead of attacking with this Red Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure and remove any number of Battery Markers from this card. The chosen figure receives one wound for each removed Battery Marker.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Griffin; March 3rd, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library