Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: What point range needs filling out and why?
I would like more 10-35 point figures. 38 38.00%
I would like more 40-70 point figures. 32 32.00%
I would like more 75-105 point figures. 12 12.00%
I would like more 110-165 point figures. 9 9.00%
I would like more 170-200 point figures. 3 3.00%
I would like more figures above 200 points. 6 6.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 17th, 2008, 04:34 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Point Range for Future Releases.

Hey Guido, nice idea, but the problem with a poll in this case is you would have to be a madman to really only want figures in one of those ranges.

Perhaps you could just reword it to say "which category would you like to see them stress?" I also think that all of the ranges tends to split the vote too much. Except for us low point mongrels , I could see many people being split between several of the other categories.
Old April 17th, 2008, 07:10 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker

I would like to see some more options at 10-35 so I can get my 500 point army to be 500 points not 480.

Old April 17th, 2008, 10:19 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Hey Guido, nice idea, but the problem with a poll in this case is you would have to be a madman to really only want figures in one of those ranges.

Perhaps you could just reword it to say "which category would you like to see them stress?"
You mean like the poll question, 'What point ranges need filling out?' It's an honest mistake if you interpreted it as, 'What kind of units do I want to see hoards of?' but that's not the intent of the poll.

Although I voted for the 40-70 range, I also think we need more 200+ units. There are, after all, only a few. I just think that the 40-70 range is more important on a day to day basis and has, at the moment, a far too limited selection of heroes in this range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Did you lose your saving throw vs. Fabulous?
B.U.D.
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:30 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I voted for the 10-35 range. I think the 200+ range has been pretty well represented, and probably will continue to be, in the occasional large unit expansions and master set inclusions. Giants, dragons, ogres, and so forth are always fun and big game-changers, but it's not like they need our encouragement to get put out there.

The 10-35s, on the other hand, only have a few members, and they can have a much more subtle effect on gameplay. Although I'm not a fan of Kyntela Gwyn, I'd like to see more exploration of that theme-- low cost, stat-modifying characters that basically act as the HS equivalent of equipable items. War drummers, nurses, mechanics (for Soulborgs). The sort of characters that may not singlehandedly storm the Dark Tower, but will be indispensable help to the big guns.

Basically I want more love for the Samwise Gamgees of the world.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
Although I'm not a fan of Kyntela Gwyn, I'd like to see more exploration of that theme-- low cost, stat-modifying characters that basically act as the HS equivalent of equipable items. War drummers, nurses, mechanics (for Soulborgs). The sort of characters that may not singlehandedly storm the Dark Tower, but will be indispensable help to the big guns.

Basically I want more love for the Samwise Gamgees of the world.
Well put Granite-M,glad someone can pull the words out of my head, since I certainly can't seem too.

-insert signature here-
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:42 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would love to see some 15 point figs to fill in fo all those +5 point ending cost cards. 10,15,20,25,30,35 are great to round up armies.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:20 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I voted for the 10-35 range. I think the 200+ range has been pretty well represented...The 10-35s, on the other hand, only have a few members
Really?

200+: Spartacus, Braxas, Charos, Tor-Kul-Na, Jotun
10-35: Isamu, Kyntela Gwyn, Marcu Esenwein, Dumutef Guard, Swog Rider, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Guilty McCreech, Marrden Nagrubs

That's 5 vs. 8.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Really good point, Necroblade. I'd say, while there are niches to fill in the lower-point ranges, the place that's most untouched is upwards of 200 points, especially if we're looking for units that are consistent and well-balanced. You got some completely unweighted and thus worthless reputation points from me for that one.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM

guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker guido knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
I voted for the 10-35 range. I think the 200+ range has been pretty well represented...The 10-35s, on the other hand, only have a few members
Really?

10-35: Isamu, Kyntela Gwyn, Marcu Esenwein, Dumutef Guard, Swog Rider, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Guilty McCreech, Marrden Nagrubs

That's 5 vs. 8.
I'm a bit surprised that no one has voted in the 'above 200 points' option. There seemed to be a lot of support for three hex figures and there are so few options in that category.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepybluemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Really?

That's 5 vs. 8.
If you count Marvel, it's 12 vs 8.

I agree though that big guys aren't as needed as little guys. Nobody ever builds an army and says "Gosh, if only I had a 235 point unit to use up these extra points." But they do say "I wish I had a 15 point guy to finish off this army."
I understand your point, but I didn't really intend to include Marvel in this poll. I do like Marvel and mix it with classic scape, but I consider it only a supplement. In the same line of thinking, I believe that classic scape could use more figures in the higher point range just to keep up with Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
B.U.D.
Old April 17th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see a lot of different point values, and it changes depending on the general too.

I'd love to see a filler hero for 15 points, and maybe one or two more for 10 points. They don't need to be better than Isamu, but I'd like to see some options that could be better for certain armies.

I'd also like to see more common squads in the 80-100 point range. Sure, Shaolin Monks, MacDirk Warriors, Marrden Hounds, Gorillinators, and Deathstalkers all fall into this range, but I also feel that they might be slightly on the expensive side. Omnicrons and Microcorp are about right.

I'd love to see another Valiant card between 35 and 65 points, preferably unique. I always come down to around these point values when making 4th Mass armies at given point totals, and I usually just scrap them. Then again, maybe they don't need the boost. Additionally, there are no Human Champions in this range either.

He has by far the most extensive list of figures, but the 80-point hero which every general seems to have in spades is noticeably absent here. I noticed this when I was trying to build Ornak armies- the only figure in the 51-89 point range was Khosumet the Darklord, at 75. An evil cowboy/outlaw would fit nicely as a bunch of people have speculated. I might also like to see a cheaper Utgar Kyrie hero- sort of like a dark Concan- simple, has Deadly strike, and beefy stats. Maybe 4L/5M/1R/2-3A/5D.

As others have stated, he doesn't have many cheap figures, but perhaps that fits with his theme. Quality over quantity.

Please, no more elves after wave 8.

The opposite of Vydar. Zelrig might be enough, but he could probably use a few more expensive heroes and units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepybluemonkey View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Really?

That's 5 vs. 8.
If you count Marvel, it's 12 vs 8.

I agree though that big guys aren't as needed as little guys. Nobody ever builds an army and says "Gosh, if only I had a 235 point unit to use up these extra points." But they do say "I wish I had a 15 point guy to finish off this army."
i never include marvel........

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion