Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old January 9th, 2010, 11:43 PM

eternaldream knows what's in an order marker eternaldream knows what's in an order marker
Alternative figures to official Heroscape ones

I'm going to try to differentiate this topic from the other large one in this forum. Here I want to specifically search for figures that can replace the regular Heroscape figures. I thought it might be a fun modeling project to undertake (although I don't know if I want to redo every figure!). I have dug up a few from that thread, but a few more from searching around. I'm looking for mainly 25/28mm figures. I haven't actually bought most of these, so I don't know about any size discrepancies between different models.

Gorillanators These are the AT-43 figures. They look much beefier (tougher).

Samurai These are from the TAG Samurai range. They have both swordsmen and archers. Plus the swordsmen come with different garb and outfits to represent each of the 3 samurai squads.

Deathwalker 9000 When I first saw him I thought Dreadnought. I don't know what could be used for 8000 and 9000, but I think this most closely resembles the official model.

Those are some I can think of off the top of my head. Does anybody have any other miniatures that fit with the scale of the other Heroscape figures? The most trouble I've been having is finding angel figures to use for Valkyries. If anything, it would be good to just find wings, then I could just attach them to the miniatures.
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:47 PM

eternaldream knows what's in an order marker eternaldream knows what's in an order marker
Re: Alternative figures to official Heroscape ones

One thing I was thinking of is how best to represent Marro. They already have a well developed army, so it would be hard to find a miniature range with that much diversity that fits the theme. My first though were the Warhammer 40k Tyranids. They have a wide range of plastics, although I'm not sure they could represent all the different models. Although I think with a bit of modifications, it could work. The only thing I don't know is the scale, since I haven't bought anything yet.

Hormagaunts
These could represent Drones most likely.

Termagants
Since they have guns, they could be Warriors, Stingers, or Drudge. I was thinking Stingers, just because they come in a box of 12, so that would be the best use of the multiples.

Genestealers
I think that they would work as Marro Dividers, since they look different than the other models. Perhaps giving 4 of them guns could make them Warriors too.

Gargoyles
If you remove the wings on them, I think they would be good Drudge. Since they have a slithery tail, I think that would make sense since they can burrow into swamp water.

Ripper Swarm
Maybe Nagrubs? Although they are probably really small, and you'd have to fit more than one on a base.

For the heroes, there are a lot of larger Tyranid creatures, but I'm not sure if they would fit on Heroscape bases. Still, if we're talking about alternative models for Marro, I don't see many other options.

EDIT: I don't want to keep making posts, so I'll just edit mine for now. I was browsing around today for some different figures.

Orcs
West Wind Productions has a line of many different Orc figures. However, I think that the Orc figures they have are a bit too large. I was reading some reviews, and they class them as a bit larger than the Warhammer Orcs (which are pretty big). So I thought their Goblins would be a good size for Blade Gruts, which are smaller. Perhaps the Heavy Gruts could be represented as the Orc models.

Dwarves
Also while still on their site, they have some pretty good looking Dwarf models too. Easily could be swapped for the Dwarves we have now.

Samurai and Ashigaru
There's a good variety of figures that fit well with Heroscape. There are Ashigaru with Yari and Arquebus. Plus there are armored samurai and ones in robes. The only thing it doesn't have are samurai archers. The only archers they have are ashigaru. Plus the command models aren't really all that interesting. I did find more ashigaru models here which don't look as armored as the other ones, and they still have both yari and arquebus models.

Agents
Perfect Krav Maga Agents, plus you could make a good Agent Skahn out of one of the girls.

Vikings
Any of these would make good Vikings.

Romans and Gladiators
Again, lots of great models to choose from.

Omicron Snipers
I think the Tau would work well, since in their suits they look robotic. The Stealth Suits are small enough to be squad figures. For Repulsors I think the Gun Drones would work very well. For Zetacron, a Crisis Battlesuit would be fitting I think.

That's all for now.

Last edited by eternaldream; January 10th, 2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old January 27th, 2010, 05:19 PM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

I'm seriously considering buying some of those tyranids because you can do so much with them and they do kinda look like a marro
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:57 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

None of the Games Workshop links seem to be working.
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
None of the Games Workshop links seem to be working.
You need to select your country. There is a drop-down menu near the top of the page. Select one, and then you'll be able to view it.
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:42 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

This thread is going to be very useful, especially that got to the party a little late. +rep
Old January 27th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of this thread. However, I really like the original HS sculpts of the Gorillinators and Samurai better than the alternatives you suggest. But great concept! +rep

Old January 28th, 2010, 02:37 PM

Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby! Sylvano the Wasabus rolls all skulls baby!

I have been using all sorts of figures from the Bretonnians and painting them as Templars. The sculpts are nice, I could never paint them as nice as they are on the box, and Templars are just white with a red cross. I have a thing for Templars...
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:17 AM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

ZOMBIES

Wargames Factory
24 Zombies for $17.95

ROMANS

Wargames Factory
48 Romans for $29.95

I have 240 of each. Now if only I had the time and energy to assemble and paint them.

Last edited by Adam Souza; January 29th, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

I see this topic as worth reviving. I've been thinking about the Heroscape vs. Warhammer thing lately and think that Heroscape being advertised as a kids game is the major turn off. Maybe if the game had more pro-level miniatures we would see more people interested. So instead of just posting suggestions for groups of miniatures, I'd like to make a compilation of miniatures that match specific units well.

Rise of the Valkyrie:
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar's Oath
Spoiler Alert!

Dawn of Darkness
Spoiler Alert!

I'll add to this list as I find more. If you know or see any minis that look like existing Heroscape minis, post here and I'll add them.

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; June 3rd, 2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM

odbo255 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
ZOMBIES
Wargames Factory
24 Zombies for $17.95
How is the scale for the zombies, how similar to heroscape?

Are they a one-to-one proxy?

Items for trade
Heroscape lives on: 3FG C3G C3V CHCG24 CMSP NM24 SoV
Tournament Maps: BoV WoV
Old September 7th, 2020, 02:03 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

Hi, is there any other list of alternative minis for Heroscape? For example, I am trying to find warforged alternatives in DnD range but I am not sure which models are they.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions