Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 8th, 2021, 02:51 PM

Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby! Captain Stupendous rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Glad to hear that it sounds like SoV is at least open to considering the possibility of RotV repaints. I'll continue with my testing then, and hopefully have at least one of the Samurai heroes ready for the preSoV thread before too long.
Old February 8th, 2021, 03:15 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.
Not to the best of my knowledge. I can't think of any VC designs that use LotR minis. There might be some good proxies for VC or official designs from the game if nothing else; I'm not familiar enough with their catalogue to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
I do want to clarify that Sam Brown doesnít need to be repainted even if you play him with 4th Mass. I (and others) just put a pair of the D&D stickers on his base to differentiate him. Iíll probably repaint him eventually, but thatís how Iíve done it for the last decade. I wouldnít let a potentially complex paint job stop people from using the most readily available figures as customs.
Yeah, it's also possible to put a sticker on the base, of course, and I'm glad that GenCon allows that. In my own games or events, I often just proxied all of the figures anyway, since owning everything got too expensive for me long ago.

From a VC perspective, I think that it's important that any paint job is relatively simple. We don't allow unpainted figures for a reason, and I would be extremely hesitant to encourage ~30+ designs (assuming all RotV figures eventually get heroes or squads) that assume the player will either repaint them, proxy them, or need to do something else less in line with the goals of the project. I'm not outright opposed, but I am hesitant and somewhat cautious that it's a line that we're willing to cross, especially in cases where cheaper prepainted alternatives are still available (or where a repaint is less aesthetically appealing).
Old February 17th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Asking a question in my own thread: have we used any LOTR minis from their Combat Hex Game? I *think* the answer is no, but somebody asked me and I want to make sure I give the correct answer.

I am pretty sure that I once saw a discussion on SoV about the use of those minis (and other famous universes minis) and someone brought up that LotR minis remembered way too much the original universe and thus too much people was not okay with them (which was not the case with some of the star wars minis apparently).

Considering this, I am pretty sure there is no LotR minis in C3V nor SoV.

EDIT : found the conversation, it's from 2015..! Starts here

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 17th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Thanks, @DanieLoche !

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs