Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old July 29th, 2015, 11:57 AM

Millni6 knows what's in an order marker Millni6 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Thanks a ton, I'm sure we will have more questions coming up on our next play through. Thanks again!
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

No problem.
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:03 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millni6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millni6
Does Finn's attack aura stack on himself?
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can put a destroyed Finn's carcase on another player's still-living Finn to get the spirit boost.
In regards to Finn it reads that all figures adjacent to him are effected by his attack aura. I wasn't sure if that meant he got 3+1 or if the 3 is what he should roll. Reason being someone like Realin specifically says that the defense aura does not stack on her.
Ahh, I see the issue now. It's the figures that are adjacent to Finn that get the boost. A figure is not adjacent to itself, so Finn just gets his base attack. (Raelin is slightly different as the trigger is clear sight rather than adjacency. I'm not sure what the ruling is, or even if there is one, on a figure being within clear sight of itself, but I think all the powers that trigger on clear sight specify one way or the other.)
A figure is never within clear sight of itself.
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Thanks Sherman.

Unlike me, it seems that 'scape characters don't wander around looking at their feet and mumbling to themselves.
Old July 29th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Not true. Or not exactly. Sonlen is within clear sight of himself. Other clear sight powers such as Raelin's aura go out of their way to state that they themselves are not affected, suggesting that a figure can be in clear sight of itself.

A figure cannot be adjacent to itself, however, as is the case with Finn's aura.
Old July 30th, 2015, 01:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Not true. Or not exactly. Sonlen is within clear sight of himself. Other clear sight powers such as Raelin's aura go out of their way to state that they themselves are not affected, suggesting that a figure can be in clear sight of itself.

A figure cannot be adjacent to itself, however, as is the case with Finn's aura.
Sonlen's power itself goes out of its way to say that Sonlen can be affected by Dragon Healing. Sherman's right that a figure can never be within clear sight of itself. I've always thought the extra wording on Raelin and other power was a necessary evil, meaning it's added on just to clear up any confusion.
Old July 30th, 2015, 09:15 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, it's funny - the last sentences in Raelin and Sonlen's powers are two examples that directly contradict each other, with Raelin's implying that a figure is within clear sight of itself, and Sonlen's implying the opposite. I couldn't find an official clarification on this in the FAQ, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it ruled that a figure is not within clear sight of itself. Either that, or it's something I extrapolated from the rule that a figure cannot attack itself.
Old August 1st, 2015, 03:46 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I have to look, but I'm pretty sure the rule is that a unit cannot be in direct LOS of itself. Raelin's power is clarifying that rule. Sonlen's is giving an exception to the rule. But I can't find where that statement was made.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 01:56 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Yeah, I have to look, but I'm pretty sure the rule is that a unit cannot be in direct LOS of itself. Raelin's power is clarifying that rule. Sonlen's is giving an exception to the rule. But I can't find where that statement was made.
I'm pretty sure that statement is not made anywhere. You may be confusing it with the rule that a figure cannot attack itself.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 05:41 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

If a Deathreavers defense are negated by say Maul or Paralyzing Stare, can the Deathreavers still use Scatter?
Old August 3rd, 2015, 05:52 PM
Is a Quadradical

Nope. Scatter triggers after rolling defence dice and Maul (and similar powers) say that the attacked figure doesn't get to do so.
Old August 4th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I'm pretty sure that statement is not made anywhere. You may be confusing it with the rule that a figure cannot attack itself.
Yeah, I don't see it spelled out anywhere, though I thought I recall it being stated, as Sherman said.

@R˙chean - Would you be willing to shed some light on this? Am I just misremembering? Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's