Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 16th, 2021, 02:23 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of RX-78-2 Gundam (PT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Should we consider a price bump? Seems like it's coming in fairly strong.
I'm fine with bumping the Gundam up some, don't want it too system warping. The soft goal was to get the Gundam plus Amuro at 420ish kinda range anyway. Thor/Optimus/Superman main character kinda level. And I'm not sure Amuro's current draft would be worth 140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
I'll be running my tests today. Question though, I see the talk of altering Full Cover to allow friendly clear sight. Which way should I test? Can I throw Clutch in the the Gundam and give him free turns with Sgt. Rock?
Clutch will work regardless as Rock doesn't need clear sight for the bonding.

If the vehicle rules don't get updated the bottom text in piloted mecha is going to stay around giving one way 'friendly sight' to people outside looking in, so Rocks attack boost still work either way too (not that it matters at all ).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 17th, 2021, 01:36 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Version Tested
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Swamp lab
Units: Ant-Man (Eric) (60), Dum Dum Dugan (90), Nick Fury (220), RX Gundam (280), Scarlet Spiders (150) (800) vsDark Judges (800)

Powers Used:
Piloted Mecha (+1 Shield): Many, many times
RX Arsenal (+1 Skull & adjacent figures): 0
RX Arsenal (3 attacks): 0
RX Arsenal (+2 Range & Skulls = 2 hits): 0
RX Arsenal (Damage): 0
Lethal Slash (2 blanks): 3

Damage from normal attacks: 10
Spoiler Alert!

Powers Used:
Piloted Mecha (+1 Shield): Many, many times
RX Arsenal (+1 Skull & adjacent figures): 1
RX Arsenal (3 attacks): 3
RX Arsenal (+2 Range & Skulls = 2 hits): 20
RX Arsenal (Damage): 10 (however 2 were on Grunt)
Lethal Slash (2 blanks): 0

Damage from normal attacks: 1
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Getting through the defenses of the Gundam is very difficult and with a figure like Clutch fixing it every turn, it was unstoppable. Stack that with it many attack options makes it a very deadly machine indeed.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I tried to swarm it to hold it down, but to no effect as it being a VDO makes it immune to LEA and that allows the Gundam to fly to high ground easily and take shots at its enemies. I think that Clutch combined with this VDO is too powerful, but I don’t see an easy fix here. I believe that problem might have to be solved on Clutch’s card. Last point is that I would recommend adding an adjacent clause to Lethal Slash for the future possibility of a figure that might be able to increase the range of this Gundam’s base attack. I think Wolverine had that clause added for this same reason.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:03 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the tests

Huh, yeah Leathal Slash is supposed to have an adjacency restriction. Just forgot that.

Were you adding auto shields against the Trigon team there? Looks like. Trigon and the Blood Demons both have Super Strength though so they bypass the auto-sheild.

My Etsy Store
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:15 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Thanks for the tests

Huh, yeah Leathal Slash is supposed to have an adjacency restriction. Just forgot that.

Were you adding auto shields against the Trigon team there? Looks like. Trigon and the Blood Demons both have Super Strength though so they bypass the auto-sheild.
Shoot, yah, I forgot. I read that a couple of days ago and then forgot when I ran the tests today. It would have made some additional hits on the Gundam from Trigon, but probably not enough to change the outcome.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:53 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

No worries, I've been meaning to add a R&C about that in here but I forgot about it.

--

I'm willing to make some changes here since the Gundam being able to kite/assassinate people and its duriablitly are pretty nasty. Maybe drop his defense by 1 and bump the cost to 300? IDK, dont really want him to feel too fragile against Super Strength dudes when someone not Clutch is the pilot though.

Does seem like we might want to make some changes to Clutch anyway though? Like his healing is really good with vehicles that are worth playing but he didnt really have a lot of options before the Gundam. Joe tanks probably aren't going to be as tough but they'd still presumably be reasonably beefy.

His power might need a change anyway since looking at it it's not really clear when his power is supposed to be triggering. Like 'after moving' is after any move I believe, so like all Mechanics in a Vehicle would be triggering twice a turn (since Adept Operator gives an extra move after the normal move not just adding to the regular move). So I think he needs to be changed to 'after moving and before attacking' to mean the 'phase' anyway?

My Etsy Store
Old March 17th, 2021, 08:48 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, restricting Clutch's healing to once per turn like that makes sense.

Fwiw I don't feel I really got great value out of Clutch in my tests, despite the potential, and I didn't abuse the lack of engagement the way I would've if I'd thought about it more, so I feel like the Gundam performed very well for me with just basic, not very strategic play. Which leads me to supporting some sort of depowering/price bumping combination. -1 Defense, 300 is probably plenty.

Though there's enough kind of new and different and shifting here that it's probably worth testing that out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 17th, 2021, 10:13 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Alright I know you guys don't like to hear it, but I really need to bring this up again, as someone in-sanctum and has been actively working on vehicle related designs has also messed up the SS rule. At this point we would have to specify the rule for any public testers, and I personally would never would the public to use these in any tests since I wouldn't know if they're playing them right or not, and then we wouldn't even have the chance to let them know beforehand.

Looking over the Marvel rulebook, the rule is almost more of an afterthought than anything. It's only stated in the diagram of the parts of the card "And in the example of attacking the warehouse they say to reference the diagram rather than spell it out as a proper rule).

I know we want to utilize the SS symbol, which is fine, but the original creators never intended to make draftable vehicles and such where this really matters. On top of us moving farther and farther away from official wording, I really think we should clarify.

Quote:
PILOTED MECHA
Only single spaced Unique Heroes may occupy the Gundam. When the Gundam defends against an attack from a figure without the Super Strength special power, if it is occupied, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If a friendly figure has clear sight on the Gundam, they have clear sight on the Gundam's Driver as well.
It's barely even a sentence, and clears up any and all confusion here and going forward. I personally haven't read the Marvel rulebook in probably 10 years, and I don't think we should expect others to not only have that specific rulebook, but also to remember to re-read the "parts of the card" diagram, something I would just skim over in a re-read anyway.

These guys are super cool and I just want the design and the end-user experience to be as best as possible, and this is an extremely minor way of doing that.
Old March 17th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree with that for the simple fact that we don't want people playing the Gundam wrong by mistake. Sucks to spell it out, but could be helpful for this.
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:00 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

We always assume people know the rules. This is no different than any other time something gets misplayed. I’m heavily against adding redundant text to the card that’s already covered in other rules.
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:06 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Rules that are terribly written and no one seems to have seen. Fret just completely misplayed it which could have skewed results. I don't want to trust others to know rules that aren't even on a card anywhere. I want the Gundams and giant mechs to be fun, and having unintuitive assumptive rules that are easily missed and will have to be clarified pretty much everywhere these guys go just isn't fun. Slap it on the card and forget about the crappy Hasbro rulebook. Simple, done.

Regardless, I think SW is scrapping that completely, making it moot on this specific one.
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Ok, sorry to do some major change stuff here but... I think Piloted Mecha should just be dropped? The more I look at the vehicle rules the more I find most of it to be stuff that should just be part of those rules (since it's not like Gundams somehow have problems tanks and stuff wouldn't) and the auto shield just seems to be causing problems. Right now the power just feels like a 'tax' on text space for Gundams (and other VDOs long term).

Lets break it down:

PILOTED MECHA
Only single spaced Unique Heroes may occupy the Gundam. When the Gundam defends against an attack, if it is occupied, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. If a friendly figure has clear sight on the Gundam, they have clear sight on the Gundam's Driver as well.

"Only single spaced Unique Heroes may occupy the Gundam."

The single spaced bit only matters for 5 Hero cards, none of which would be that huge a theme break to drive a Gundam. It was only there because someone said they didn't think the Batmobile should be able to drive a Gundam, but there was already a rule stopping that and even if we did change that rule for some reason the Gundam's chest transforms into a fighter jet (which I totally forgot to factor in before now) so not really a theme break to have a Batmoblie chest anyway.

I've done some research on the limit to Unique Heroes, and it is needed to stop weird stuff with Lurkers or Antman or something. But the thing is, all that broken weird stuff is just as broken with any other vehicle ever so Unique Heroes (and maybe Event if we want) being the only dudes able to drive (not occupy, just drive) VDOs should just be part of the basic rules. This is Heroscape, screw commons anyway.

"When the Gundam defends against an attack, if it is occupied, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled."

Franky, I don't especially want this and I should have just said that to start with. All it does is make the Gundam super swingy since the shield is a huge deal everynow and again but totally meaningless the rest of the time.

Totally fine with Mecha having auto-shields when someone wants them specifically for that Mecha, but I don't want it as text on every Gundam ever (especially if it's the only thing a power is doing, which is were Piloted Mecha is heading).

"If a friendly figure has clear sight on the Gundam, they have clear sight on the Gundam's Driver as well."

This is another part that should just be part of the Full Cover rules (actually a slightly expanded two-way version). Batman and Robin shouldn't stop bonding because one is in the Batmobile, especially if Mister Fantastic can still bond just fine while riding in the there.

My Etsy Store
Old March 17th, 2021, 02:29 PM
...has moist legs

Yep, like I said on Discord it all sounds reasonable to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library