Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 1st, 2013, 01:51 AM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
For American Dream, up her attack by one, MAYBE drop her defense a bit, and... I sort of like Rallying Presence, but I don't really like the implications of it. It makes her seem less like a leader and more like someone be "protected" so to speak.
I'm in favor of upping her attack by 1 point to reflect her prowess in melee since she will lose CCE for Vibranium Alloy Shield. I dont think the loss of 1 defense or more is fitting though. She has been the field leader for more than one superhero team and carries Captain America's shield. I don't think she needs lower defense than a standard 15 point bodyguard.

As for Rallying Presence the only way to augment it that comes to mind is to expand the range of effect to "within 2 spaces" this gives a less "protect" feel and more of a "stay with her for that bonus!" feel.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:57 AM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
How about this?

POUNDERS
When Ulik attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time and roll one additional attack die for every 2 wound markers on this card.

With 6 life it would be a maximum of +2 for two adj. attacks of 6, 7, or 8.
That looks good, but has any card ever been designed before that asks the player to count by 2's? I just don't know if this is a good thing to set precedent for. Imagine if we change the terms from wounds to rounds. If there was a card that required an effect after every two rounds would it be accepted or reworded.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:05 AM
Girl (Super)Power!

Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby! Strange_Love rolls all skulls baby!

you boys beat me to it. I just finished her series and wanted to tell him all about it but got distracted by things.

good job Bats and Johnny

BTW has anyone designed her boyfriend Thunderstrike aka Kevin Masterson...or his dad Eric?

Old January 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
How about this?

POUNDERS
When Ulik attacks an adjacent figure with a normal attack, he may attack one additional time and roll one additional attack die for every 2 wound markers on this card.

That looks good, but has any card ever been designed before that asks the player to count by 2's? I just don't know if this is a good thing to set precedent for. Imagine if we change the terms from wounds to rounds. If there was a card that required an effect after every two rounds would it be accepted or reworded.
I don't see the issue here.
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I feel that without a base for Hershey to go off of, her powers aren't really that appealing. I love the Dark Judges though, I'd really like to see Death back in the running.
If she was voted through I would like to see her design augmented to deputize judges in addition to what she already has.

CALL FOR BACKUP
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero you control. While Judge Hershey is in play, the chosen figure's class is Judge instead of what is on its card. After taking a turn with Judge Hershey, you may move any number of Judge figures you control up to 5 spaces each. Any Judge moved this way must end its move adjacent to Judge Hershey.
Quote:
That would be a good idea to get it into the design phase. Maybe limit it to Lawmen, or Crime Fighters.
Quote:
I don't know enough about the comics to limit it myself. I'd have to leave it to someone more knowledgeable about the comics to determine how often judges are named on the fly.
I agree that is a really cool power but I am not sure there is theme to back it up. I would need to do some research to determine if this has ever happened in the comics and specifically if Hershey ever made civs Judges. My guess is not. I seem to remember a story line where most of the Judges died and they were forced to activate clones before they were fully mature.
Perhaps that power would be better for a Sheriff type figure that makes figures Lawmen.
However the Judges do use any available psionic types for their Psi-division so I could see a power that turns Telepaths into Judges.
(This also may be a way to get around dual classing Anderson as a Judge and a Telepath.)

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I feel that without a base for Hershey to go off of, her powers aren't really that appealing. I love the Dark Judges though, I'd really like to see Death back in the running.
If she was voted through I would like to see her design augmented to deputize judges in addition to what she already has.

CALL FOR BACKUP
At the start of the game, you may choose one Unique Hero you control. While Judge Hershey is in play, the chosen figure's class is Judge instead of what is on its card. After taking a turn with Judge Hershey, you may move any number of Judge figures you control up to 5 spaces each. Any Judge moved this way must end its move adjacent to Judge Hershey.
Quote:
That would be a good idea to get it into the design phase. Maybe limit it to Lawmen, or Crime Fighters.
Quote:
I don't know enough about the comics to limit it myself. I'd have to leave it to someone more knowledgeable about the comics to determine how often judges are named on the fly.
I agree that is a really cool power but I am not sure there is theme to back it up. I would need to do some research to determine if this has ever happened in the comics and specifically if Hershey ever made civs Judges. My guess is not. I seem to remember a story line where most of the Judges died and they were forced to activate clones before they were fully mature.
Perhaps that power would be better for a Sheriff type figure that makes figures Lawmen.
However the Judges do use any available psionic types for their Psi-division so I could see a power that turns Telepaths into Judges.
(This also may be a way to get around dual classing Anderson as a Judge and a Telepath.)
Yep, like I said, I'm not sure if it fits the comics or not. The only thing that is not thematic if it does not fit is the Power name. Anything that takes place at the start of the game is assumed to be in effect before the game. So thematically it is not as if Judge Hershey is walking out onto a battlefield and picking random civilians to make full bore judges. That is just what is implied by the power name. If the ability was called Judge Bonding it would lead you to believe that the figure chosen was always a judge.

Not unlike Captain America's power Avengers Assemble or Apocalypse's Horseman. But it would be nice to tweak the power to be more in line with the cannon (maybe change it to allow only telepaths into Judge's).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
How about this?

POUNDERS

I don't see the issue here.
Ok then I'm good with the changes.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
NAME = HUMAN BOMB

SECRET IDENTITY = ROY LINCOLN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SCIENTIST
PERSONALITY = PATRIOTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ?

KINETIC BLAST
When this Human Bomb attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, the chosen Figure subtracts 1 defense die for each skull rolled. To a maximum of minus 2 defence dice.

EXPLOSIVE CLAP
Range:Special Attack:3
All figures within 3 spaces of Human Bomb are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures foll defense dice seperately. This special attack may only be used once per round.

INVOLUNTARY EXPLOSION
Whenever Human Bomb receives two or more wounds from a single attack, roll the 20-
sided die. If you roll 10 or less, all figures within 2 spaces of Human Bomb take 3 wounds.
With Involuntary Explosion does Human Bomb also take the 3 wounds?

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:09 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:

Nope. A figure is never within x spaces of himself, nor is he ever adjacent to himself.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:

Nope. A figure is never within x spaces of himself, nor is he ever adjacent to himself.
I thought I had read a design that featured the text specifying that the user was not affected by the power. But I might have it confused with another power that designates a target for the aoe and not one that originates from the user.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I thought I had read a design that featured the text specifying that the user was not affected by the power. But I might have it confused with another power that designates a target for the aoe and not one that originates from the user.
Invisible Woman's Force Field specifies that she is affected by the power. That is an added clause to specify who if affected. So, all figures within 4 spaces of IW are affected. IW is not within 4 spaces of herself, so she would not be affected, however due to the clause she is affected.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Invisible Woman's Force Field specifies that she is affected by the power. That is an added clause to specify who if affected. So, all figures within 4 spaces of IW are affected. IW is not within 4 spaces of herself, so she would not be affected, however due to the clause she is affected.
Yep, based on a strict interpretation of the words you are right. The intention matches as well. I don't know the character well here so I thought that maybe he was supposed to be blown up also.

I think I read that ability in the public design thread. It was definitely not a finished product. So I'm not surprised that I got confused.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Has Daken (Akiharo) been drafted?

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy