Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old April 14th, 2008, 06:39 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

Yeah, that worked, sort of. For anyone wanting to add a picture for the time being, after entering the text you want, press enter, then hold the space bar until you have a bunch of spaces in your description...

( ____________________________________________________________________)

^This many or so^

Then enter the [img] code as usual. I may hold out for a fix before tweaking my other 49 uploads, though.

EDIT: This issue has since been resolved, as you can now upload images with the download.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; April 16th, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:44 PM

Cough_Drops is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have been seeing this error a lot:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9913 bytes) in /home/admin/public_html/community/showthread.php on line 1231

Is this a site/server or a Firefox/my slow computer issue?

Old April 14th, 2008, 09:01 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
The fixed will stay the default style and in the fixed style we can't afford the space to put the avatars on the side.
Don't cry, Sweetcurse. If you cry, I'm going to cry...
..and now I can't help it either.

What is this the Joy Luck Club?
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if this is a bug or if I'm just stupid, but I can't figure out how to tell the site not to automatically subscribe me to threads I post in. I still want to be notified when threads I am actually interested in are posted in. I can tell it not to subscribe me to threads, but then I don't get email notification.

I can say "do not subscribe" individually, but I'd rather not.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Since we can no longer edit a thread's title would it be OK to kindly ask an admin for a one time edit to threads we've created (like map and custom threads)?
There are two closed threads containing the answer to this. No.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepybluemonkey View Post
I still can't get the issues I mentioned to work, but nobody else seems to be having the problem.I found two more things.One, return key inputs to make new paragraphs don't always work. Several of my posts all mush into one huge paragraph.Two, many threads have posts sizes all over the place. They go from wide to narrow to wide. I try to set the page to Heroscapers Wide but it doesn't seem to stick.
No idea what you are talking about with the enter key. Need more people to confirm if this is a real issue.

Threads pages that may appear to switch from narrow to wide may contain large images that are getting auto-resized at run time. If your internet connection is slow or there is more than one image getting resized than the page can appear to get wide and narrow while the posts at the bottom are still loading.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
There is a setting to change your default Subscription type. Its in your User CP, under Edit Options called "Default Thread Subscription Mode." Change it to "Do not subscribe"

I was checking out the subscription stuff in the User CP and you can organize the bejeezus out of those things. You can make folders to put them. Now that's pretty cool.

Last edited by netherspirit; April 14th, 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzie Fuzz View Post
I was checking out the subscription stuff in the User CP and you can organize the bejeezus out of those things. You can make folders to put them. Now that's pretty cool.

I love the folders in the PM section too...this way I can segregate the PMs that have mailing addresses for trades so i do not accidentally delete them
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I prefer avatars on the left. PLEASE, PLEASE, avatars on the left! Funrun, what is the max size for avatrs in pixels now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
I guess it depends on which setting you use. I changed mine to wide (so it would span the whole screen instead of the middle 1/3) and having the pictures on the side of the post greatly reduces the post sizes.
Yea, that's the thing. I don't like the narrow setting (like a large number of others, apparently, since it keeps getting asked about). On the wide setting, having the avatars on top is more space-consuming.

I'd give more rep to Funrun, but she's already an admin.
Quote:
Quote:
I changed back the alignment of the posts. I like the horizontal far better for our fixed size, it eats less horizontal post room.
I guess it depends on which setting you use. I changed mine to wide (so it would span the whole screen instead of the middle 1/3) and having the pictures on the side of the post greatly reduces the post sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Grrrrrr.

You not only switched it back to the ugly, ugly horizontal, it got rid of the nice BLACK line between posts & signatures.
I tried to explain the benefits to truth and a few other admins that having the avatars on the left makes for easier page reading and skimming in both Wide and narrow formats. I noticed the effects immediately myself just in trying to read and skim this thread, it was SO much easier not having to figure out where the avatar info and signatures started and stopped. Alas, the slightly higher power than me is equally as adamant that the avatars on the left makes the text on the right too squished, whereas I actually found it much easier to read at that "squished" size.

To answer other questions:
-the current avatar size is noted on the User CP page where you upload the avatar.
-someone has given me reputation points already, so even though I'm Admin it must count for something

funrun's HS Repaints
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I'm having a number of usability issues (mostly related to design choices rather than bugs), but the worst one is that practically every internal link I click is broken. Do these all have to be updated manually, or is there an upgrade script, or can somebody write some "catch & dispatch" pages that redirect to the new URLs?
That's actually a technical database issue (not usability ). It seems no old links are the same now. Xotli would have to answer why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cough_Drops View Post
I have been seeing this error a lot:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9913 bytes) in /home/admin/public_html/community/showthread.php on line 1231

Is this a site/server or a Firefox/my slow computer issue?
I used Firefox, IE7, and Safari on Mac and PC and never ran into an error like this. We would need more info to properly address your issue. Browser/ version/ OS/ link you clicked on or action you were doing that prompted the error.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
-someone has given me reputation points already, so even though I'm Admin it must count for something

I think it's the new haird-do
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
I tried to explain the benefits to truth and a few other admins that having the avatars on the left makes for easier page reading and skimming in both Wide and narrow formats. I noticed the effects immediately myself just in trying to read and skim this thread, it was SO much easier not having to figure out where the avatar info and signatures started and stopped. Alas, the slightly higher power than me is equally as adamant that the avatars on the left makes the text on the right too squished, whereas I actually found it much easier to read at that "squished" size.
Perhaps the answer is in a user selectable style. A 'Skinny; Avatars on Top' and 'Wide, Avatars on Left'.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online