Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 17th, 2023, 05:18 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Dallas Draft Tournament - Spring 2023

Dallas Draft Tournament

Details

When:
Sunday, April 30th, 2023
Start time will at 1:00. People can arrive at noon.
Should take 3-4 rounds.

Where:

Dignan's House
I'm at the intersection of Jupiter and Campbell.
I'll PM anyone the address who needs it.

Entry Fee:
None

Prizes:
Bring an item for the prize table if you like. Not required. Anything you think like minded people would enjoy in the $10-$20 range (games, books, DVDs, comics, toys, etc)

Tournament Format:
Draft - Kill 'em all

Draft Rules:
  1. Bring 10 army card and associated figures to the event.
  2. If you bring a common squad card, it counts as one card, but bring 2 squads if it is ranged and 3 if it is melee. You can't bring additional of those squads.
  3. No Marvel
  4. C3V, SoV, or Custom units possibly permitted. If you want to bring one of these, submit it and we'll just make sure everyone is cool with it.
  5. CUC army cards permitted.

Before each round, an army point total between 400 and 500 points will be randomly determined. Both players then roll a D20 to determine who will draft first (from the combined 24 cards of both players). The player rolling highest will draft first, followed by the second player making two selections. Players alternate drafting cards from then on out until both players are unable to draft from the pool without exceeding the point limit.
  1. When you draft a common card, you take all the cards of that type brought. The only exception is if both players bring the same common squads. In that case, one draft takes all the cards brought by one player. A subsequent draft can select the remaining cards.
  2. When you draft a card, that unit must be in your army. If you draft multiple common squads, you may choose to field less than the max selected.
  3. All other army restrictions apply (you can't have multiples of the same unique unit, etc)

Maps

Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs

All glyphs subject to change with map selection.
Power Glyphs:

Glyph of Kelda - Healer
Glyph of Gerda - Defense +1
Glyph of Wannok - Wound
Glyph of Valda - Move +2
Glyph of Dagmar - Initiative +8

Treasure Glyphs:

Heroic Rune - Attack +1
Talisman of Defense - Defense +1
Ring of Protection - Defense +3 (one time use)
Potion of Healing - Heal 3 Wounds (one time use)
Scarab of Invulnerability - Ignore Wounds (one time use)

Attendees (max 16)
1. Dignan
2. AnnubianWolf
3. R˙chean
4. Tmacdad
5. Eli
6. BooDog
7. Rym
8. Nightwing
9. TMac
10. Caleb

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; April 27th, 2023 at 07:08 PM.
Old March 17th, 2023, 05:20 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dallas Draft Tournament - Spring 2023

Also, the date is not set in stone. I just picked a random Saturday next month. If we have conflicts in other people's schedules, we can move it.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old March 19th, 2023, 10:43 AM

Alright. Shifted the date to line up better with everyone's schedules. Now slated for the 22nd.

Old March 19th, 2023, 01:12 PM

AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby! AnubianWolf88 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in. Is it one card per squad (i.e. 3 squads = 3 cards) or any combination of 12 cards?

Currently playing:
Dixit; Catan; Pastiche; and waiting for my copy of Critical Mass to arrive from Arcane Wonders!

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus!
Old March 19th, 2023, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnubianWolf88 View Post
I'm in. Is it one card per squad (i.e. 3 squads = 3 cards) or any combination of 12 cards?
I'm thinking that if you bring a squad, you just bring one card for them. Just like you would for a regular event. You can't split them up between players, so no need to count them as individual cards.

In other words, you could bring 12 different common melee cards with 3 squads of each. Though that would seem extreme.

Sound good? I think that will give us decent variety to draft from.

Old March 21st, 2023, 10:39 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

EDIT - I said I will be there, but I may not be able to make it. I have a schedule change coming and may end up having to work on Saturdays.

I will know by 3/24 and update here. You can just leave me as an attendee for now.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; March 22nd, 2023 at 12:04 PM. Reason: jumped the gun
Old March 22nd, 2023, 08:35 PM

BossyBoots is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm in!

I'll also have a plus 1

Last edited by BossyBoots; March 22nd, 2023 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Adding a plus 1 to my RSVP
Old March 22nd, 2023, 09:51 PM

Boodog knows what's in an order marker Boodog knows what's in an order marker

I intend to attend.

DUNESCAPE

The spice must flow!
Old March 24th, 2023, 04:28 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
EDIT - I said I will be there, but I may not be able to make it. I have a schedule change coming and may end up having to work on Saturdays.

I will know by 3/24 and update here. You can just leave me as an attendee for now.
I'm out. My schedule changed; I work Saturdays now.

Old March 24th, 2023, 06:52 PM

Alright, looks like Sunday works for everyone, so we will just slide the event one day.

Old March 25th, 2023, 09:20 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Add rym and nightwing to the list.

Nightwing will be coming from prom and the all-night after party, so it will be like having a bye playing him,

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old March 25th, 2023, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Alright, looks like Sunday works for everyone, so we will just slide the event one day.
Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events