Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of these knights are the most phantastic?
Gonfalon Knights 3 11.54%
Jardinian Knights 4 15.38%
Knights of Golron 9 34.62%
Reborn Knights 10 38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 1st, 2023, 11:49 AM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Winter Custom Competition Poll - Congrats Arch-vile

Without further ado, here are the entries for the grand return of the QC3. We didn't get a lot of entries this time around, but we did get some good ones.

Vote for your favorite before the poll closes, and remember if you entered that you must vote for an entry that is not yours. Good luck everyone! Glad to see these knights with some meat on their bones (and bones to begin with).

Congratulations @Arch-vile
Reborn Knights

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@GeberalRolando 's
Knights of Golron

@cmgames 's
Gonfalon Knights

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

@kolakoski 's
Jardinian Knights

Bio:
Spoiler Alert!

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; April 5th, 2023 at 04:33 PM.
Old March 1st, 2023, 02:28 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Winter Custom Competition Poll - VOTE BY 3/8

Some really good stuff here!
Old March 2nd, 2023, 12:37 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like both 'Tormented Soul' and 'Rewarded With New Life'. They both reinforce the link between these Knights and the Phantom Knights.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old March 2nd, 2023, 01:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the Reborn Knights are a really cool add on to the Phantom Knights. They were my 2nd place choice, in part because they are only playable when also drafting the Phantom Knights. I went with the Gonfalon Knights for my pick, in large part because I have always really liked Einar's Samurai squads, the Einar Imperium, the Gladiators, the Ninja of the North Wind, and the 10th Foot. So getting an aura boost for those specific units means I'd get to play a bunch of different armies featuring my favorite squads. Then the Capture the Flag power is one that won't come into play all that often, but would be a fun way to utilize the squad when a flag bearer is in play.

I'd consider doing something similar that only boosted Einar Unique Squads as a way to get the Samurai into more games. Maybe a new card for the Einar Samurai Flag Bearer? He could boost Einar's Unique Squad figures in clear sight of the flag for one power. Then for a 2nd power, bring in Samurai/Ninja reinforcements by returning lost Einar Unique Squad figures to play.
Old March 3rd, 2023, 09:09 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Knights of Golron are very cool. I like how you can mix-and-match squads with them.
Old March 5th, 2023, 05:54 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

I like the knights of Golron. The design I was working on but missed the deadline was like them but not nearly as good. Also the only one that keeps the righteous trait mentioned in the PK’s bio.
Old March 7th, 2023, 01:13 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just one day left to make your voice heard! Less than 24 hours, in fact...

It's a close race, too. If you've been holding out you might just get to choose the winner here at the last minute.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 7th, 2023, 02:46 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

IMHO all but Jardinian Knights are way too OP
  • Gonfalon Knights is like having 3 Raelins and Taelords for only 60 points! Even if just for Einar is still way, way too OP.
  • Knights of Golron is actually kind of cool, just has too many game-breaking powers, and need a lot better wording. However I really to like the Tormented Soul power.
  • Reborn Knights - I actually think this is the most thematic of the options, I just think it is way too OP and both the point values are way low and defense is too high. Basically an opponent has to destroy all of these units last but until thin you have 6 attacks each turn. Make 4 defense AND 140-180 points would be more like it, and at high points games this is still OP.
So again Jardinian Knights it is. Nice little 60 point filler that can do some serious damage to heroes.
Old March 7th, 2023, 05:45 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@lefton4ya - I think that the Gonfalon Knights are actually appropriately costed, or at least close

Their 'aura' only covers 18 hexes each, whereas Taelord (+1 attack) covers 60 hexes, and new Rae (+1 defense) covers 126 hexes. If you calculate points/aura-hex/life for each of them and add them together (.79) and multiply that times the 18 hexes x 3 figures, you still come to a price point lower than 60 (~43). Now figure that they each have 1 additional defense over Tae & Rae, and the fact that their 'aura' only affects Einar and only squads, I think 60 points is not an unreasonable cost.

Of course, only repeated playtesting ( ) will ensure that we work out the true 'correct' cost.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread

Last edited by cmgames; March 8th, 2023 at 05:27 PM.
Old March 9th, 2023, 12:09 AM
On vacation...

CONGRATULATIONS ARCH-VILE!!!

You showed just what the Phantom Knights always were before they were phantom knights, by showing us what they could be after they stopped being phantom knights anymore... Hmm, well done matching the level of contravity I set up reopening these.

Excellent entries all around, and of course an honorable mention to @GeneralRolando for very nearly sneaking away the victory at the last minute, with their very first entry in these
contests.

Thanks to everyone who entered, voted, or just enjoyed looking over the cards! Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with in the spring.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old March 9th, 2023, 01:03 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Congratulations @Arch-vile . I apologize that I misread the card when voting in that I thought "Rewarded With New Life" replaced the figure the Phantom Knight killed with a Reborn Night, which is why I thought this power and unit was way too OP. If I read it properly I would have definitely voted for this unit.

@cmgames for Gonfalon Knights I did think about the aura but IMHO having split units makes it potentially more spread out. One think I did not think though though is the units each have one life so that makes it less valuable than hero as easier to kill first. Maybe 60 or maybe 80 points is more accurate, but you are right would need playtesting with the 10th or Roman Legion
Old March 9th, 2023, 01:32 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was quite tough voting on only one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards