Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #361  
Old May 26th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Ronin's Avatar
Ronin Ronin is online now
Looking where the light is better
 
Join Date: November 17, 2008
Location: USA - CO - Broomfield
Posts: 18,076
Images: 22
Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Final Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I can go either way here. If Strange didn't already have it I'd say leave it off, but since Strange has it and they have similar training backgrounds is seems a bit weird that he wouldn't have it. They are both just humans after all with the SS protections coming from their magical abilities.
This is where I'm at. Honestly, I'm not nuts about the decision to put SS on Strange, and it'd be an easy "no" if Strange didn't have it. I can see it either way, though, because you could leave it off to emphasize that he's sort of a 'subtle magic' guy, or put it on to play him up as a Strange mirror. Happy to default to LD's choice.
Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:42 AM
Arkham's Avatar
Arkham Arkham is online now
The Opposite of Pants
 
Join Date: May 19, 2012
Location: Olympia - WA
Posts: 11,628
Images: 21
Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Final Editing

They've been updated so you should be good to call for a vote.
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Hard as ice
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 15,923
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

I propose Baron Karl Amadeus Mordo for On Deck!

@Tornado - Yea
@johnny139 -
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking - Yea
@japes - Yea
@TrollBrute - Yea


My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 27th, 2017 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:46 AM
Spidey'tilIDie's Avatar
Spidey'tilIDie Spidey'tilIDie is offline
C3G's First Fan
 
Join Date: January 8, 2009
Location: USA - TX - Cypress
Posts: 11,807
Images: 20
Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

If I may, Strange has Superstrength because the major advantage of SS is reduced damage when Falling. Due to his Cloak of Levitation, Strange has a greater chance to avoid this than the average magicuser (hence why many don't have it.) I am very confident that Mordo does not have a similar cloak and should not have the similar benefits.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old May 27th, 2017, 05:54 AM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Hard as ice
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 15,923
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If I may, Strange has Superstrength because the major advantage of SS is reduced damage when Falling. Due to his Cloak of Levitation, Strange has a greater chance to avoid this than the average magicuser (hence why many don't have it.) I am very confident that Mordo does not have a similar cloak and should not have the similar benefits.
Why the hell would that matter? Strange has Flying, falling damage isn't a problem for him - SS comes from raw magical power here, and then there's the fact that Fate has it too and I put all three of them close together. Also, reduced falling damage isn't actually the primary SS benefit when using C3G optional rules - I'd say knockback and throwing DOs were much bigger deals most of the time.


My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old May 27th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Tornado's Avatar
Tornado Tornado is offline
Fan Fiction Prompt Master
 
Join Date: August 11, 2010
Location: USA - MI - Kalamazoo (Climax)
Posts: 29,107
Images: 387
Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Yea
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:11 PM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 18,472
Images: 51
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

I'm not arguing for or against here but please for the love of all that is good...stop using Doctor Strange as a reason for anything...he was the first MD figure created and it was early in the process I believe he was even designed before Knockback rules were created. Spidey may be correct that he was originally given SS due to falling and flying was overlooked or came later. We've all learned things since the early days so lets not keep using the "well X has it" as a reason to keep doing something.

Whether or not he deserves SS should be on the merits of his thematic ability alone and I am not an expert on him so I can't answer that.

Try to remember that we are here on the site to give each other help and joy, not grief and irritation. - David Harrison Dyer Revdyer
RIP
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Hard as ice
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 15,923
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I'm not arguing for or against here but please for the love of all that is good...stop using Doctor Strange as a reason for anything...he was the first MD figure created and it was early in the process I believe he was even designed before Knockback rules were created. Spidey may be correct that he was originally given SS due to falling and flying was overlooked or came later. We've all learned things since the early days so lets not keep using the "well X has it" as a reason to keep doing something.

Whether or not he deserves SS should be on the merits of his thematic ability alone and I am not an expert on him so I can't answer that.
Actually...

1) He was the third MD figure designed, it seems, just never tested with any others. If you compare the start-dates of his thread, Zatanna's and Scarlet Witch's, you'll see his comes last, and if you look through his thread, you'll see this comment from IAmBatman with regard to Superstrength:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
You've answered my concerns about what makes him different from Zatanna and Scarlet Witch - he's more powerful. yea.
2) Knockback rules have been a part of C3G as long as C3G has been a thing, getting released in the World's Finest Rulebook. Throwing rules were added in Fantastic Forces Unite, which was released prior to Avengers Arrive, the wave Doctor Strange was in.
3) Strange was given super strength on the same logical basis as Jean Grey and Magneto, if you read through the first couple of pages of his thread - though he may not actually be super strong, his powers allow him to do everything associated with it

Based on that, using Strange and Fate as a yardstick for Superstrength seems logical to me. He's not a terrible design, it's just that the implications he'd have to the growing MD faction weren't thought through.


My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:26 PM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 18,472
Images: 51
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
3) Strange was given super strength on the same logical basis as Jean Grey and Magneto, if you read through the first couple of pages of his thread - though he may not actually be super strong, his powers allow him to do everything associated with it
As I said...I'm not saying Mordo shouldn't have SS just that it's possible an older design had a mistake and we should use an old design as an excuse to perpetuate something.

Try to remember that we are here on the site to give each other help and joy, not grief and irritation. - David Harrison Dyer Revdyer
RIP
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old May 27th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Lazy Orang's Avatar
Lazy Orang Lazy Orang is offline
Hard as ice
 
Join Date: November 10, 2012
Location: British Isles
Posts: 15,923
Images: 6
Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

But it's been consistent C3G precedent that characters lacking actual super strength who can still simulate the effects should still get the power, and Strange and Mordo really are that powerful. If we really feel the need I can take it off, but I see no reason to.


My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Yodaking's Avatar
Yodaking Yodaking is offline
C3G Landlord
 
Join Date: March 7, 2008
Posts: 31,245
Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Yea
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old May 27th, 2017, 02:16 PM
japes's Avatar
japes japes is offline
A Man of Taste
 
Join Date: August 3, 2011
Location: USA - TX - Austin (SW)
Posts: 18,472
Images: 51
japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Baron Mordo - Vote for On Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
But it's been consistent C3G precedent that characters lacking actual super strength who can still simulate the effects should still get the power, and Strange and Mordo really are that powerful. If we really feel the need I can take it off, but I see no reason to.
I think you are missing my point...I'm not saying take it off. I don't have enough experience with him to know if it is justified or not in this case which is why I haven't voted one way or the other on this. I'm just saying that we can't use an old figure as the basis of our arguments (not just here but in general) If there is an error on some card, which with nearly 700 cards it is possible...we don't need to perpetuate that error.

On the C3G precedent...other than Telekinesis type figures (so they can throw objects) and Strange. What other characters are lacking actual super strength have the SS symbol.

As for Strange, you dismissed Spidey's cloak reasoning due to flying but flying can be negated by glyphs and at least one figures power that I know of so I still see @Spidey'tilIDie 's point being valid.

Still none of this matters in regards to Mordo. If the only argument is that Strange has it so Mordo does then there is room for argument.

If your argument however is similar to what bat's quote says about a different figure then that's different. If you think he's just more powerful than those other Magical figures then stick to that as your argument as that would be easier to defend.

Try to remember that we are here on the site to give each other help and joy, not grief and irritation. - David Harrison Dyer Revdyer
RIP
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Book of Black Manta A3n C3G Library 156 August 12th, 2019 11:04 AM
The Book of Speed TrollBrute C3G Library 92 April 21st, 2018 07:19 PM
The Book of Heir Apparent Scenario (Design Phase) johnny139 C3G Maps & Scenarios 25 February 13th, 2013 03:57 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.