Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old November 19th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb
I think when you look at Cap's stats, you have to take into account that he's one of the only non-flyers in the game. Flyers are more likely to gain height, so they'll often get a boost to their attack and defense from that. So, it seems to me that Cap's stats are really meant to match up to these other Marvel figures under the assumption that they have height advantage, not to mention ranged attacks from height. If you look at it from that perspective, I don't think Captain America looks as good as if everyone were earthbound.
Most figures are still earthbound. I don't know what you mean by "one of the only non-flyers in the game."
I meant in the Marvel game, since they're comparing him to other Marvel figures. Obviously, the overwhelming majority of regular Heroscape figures are earthbound.

EDIT: Yes, like Bully said, I meant that the Red Skull is the only other Marvel figure that doesn't have leaping or flying in the Marvel game.
Oh, okay....I getcha.
True, but Hulk and Abomination can't use their attacks from height. That effectively makes them non-fliers in this context.

Old November 19th, 2007, 06:45 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Recently tried out the star spangled Cap & 4th Mass army and it is disgusting. Cap got hit hard and fast, but that still left the enemy facing 16 4th. Mass. Not fun.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 19th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker
True, but Hulk and Abomination can't use their attacks from height. That effectively makes them non-fliers in this context.
Wait, huh? They can't? Not at range ... not their special attacks, but they sure as heck can attack from height with their normal attacks ...

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 19th, 2007, 11:24 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Recently tried out the star spangled Cap & 4th Mass army and it is disgusting. Cap got hit hard and fast, but that still left the enemy facing 16 4th. Mass. Not fun.
Yeah, I've been hesitant to play this or the Cap/Omnicron Snipers army for the same reasons. Just seems unfair to your opponent, y'know? I did play a game where I used Cap to boost my ally's Aubrien Archers, and that was disgusting enough. I shudder to think what he could do with the 4th Mass. or Krav Maga.
Old December 25th, 2007, 08:05 PM

Rythos has disabled reputation
Shield Attack

This attack is

Target #1 an attack of 4 dice
Target #2 an attack of 4 dice
Target #3 an attack of 4 dice

And these must all be different figures. Correct?

Rythos

Generous deed should not be checked by cold counsel
Old December 25th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Correct.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 10th, 2008, 10:36 AM

ZtruK has disabled reputation
I only have the Valkyre set and the Mavel set so I don’t have too much to work with but playing 400 point games Swarris+Cap+Raelin moving in a line was unstoppable. Getting Swarris on height with the chain behind him was just crazy. They even beat Hulk+Guilty but really only due to a lucky roll on caps part near the end.
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:53 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Welcome to the site, ZtruK!

Cool army; I rarely play 400-point games, but I'll keep that one in mind.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM

PlaneswalkerXan has disabled reputation
Shield Throw Special

A few questions reguarding the Shield Throw Special ability:
1) "...he may attack 2 additional times." From a M:tG stand point he must either attack 1 or 3 times when using this ability. Is it "...up to 2 addditonal times"?
2) In order to make him a little more balanced in games where you have non-Marvel characters, we have ruled that he gets to throw his shield, then attack two adjacent figures, using the 1 or 3 rule in the previous question. Your rulings?
3)The calculation for the range is from where CA is, right? I like the flavor of CA throwing his shield at Target A, if it hits it bounces to Target B, it it hits it goes to target C, and it it hits I goes to back to CA. If it misses it drops, or continues in the direction moving the entire range. The shield begins at CA then has a Range of 4, to target A. From Target A it can bounce a Range of 4 to Target B, Etc. In the end it move back 4 spaces and can be dropped, then CA would need to pick it up, unless after a bounce it can make back to him. In order for it to hit, it must match or beat the defense roll. Your opinions?
Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart
1) Up to 2... I think.
2) I do what the card says.
3) I do what the card says.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 3rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shield Throw Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneswalkerXan
1) "...he may attack 2 additional times." From a M:tG stand point he must either attack 1 or 3 times when using this ability. Is it "...up to 2 addditonal times"?
That's how I've been playing it. If there are only two legal targets, two attacks it is.

Quote:
2) In order to make him a little more balanced in games where you have non-Marvel characters, we have ruled that he gets to throw his shield, then attack two adjacent figures, using the 1 or 3 rule in the previous question. Your rulings?
I can't even tell if you're trying to make him stronger or weaker. He gets one special attack of range 5/attack 4, then two normal melee attacks of 6? Or one range 5/attack 4 followed by two range 1/attack 4s?

Quote:
3)The calculation for the range is from where CA is, right? I like the flavor of CA throwing his shield at Target A, if it hits it bounces to Target B, it it hits it goes to target C, and it it hits I goes to back to CA. If it misses it drops, or continues in the direction moving the entire range. The shield begins at CA then has a Range of 4, to target A. From Target A it can bounce a Range of 4 to Target B, Etc. In the end it move back 4 spaces and can be dropped, then CA would need to pick it up, unless after a bounce it can make back to him. In order for it to hit, it must match or beat the defense roll. Your opinions?
I'd rather save that mechanic for Chain Lightning. In any case, it's not what the card says.
Old April 4th, 2008, 12:50 AM

PlaneswalkerXan has disabled reputation
Speaking of legal targets, can a friendly figure be an legal target? I assume yes and there has been occasions where it was better for the team if I attacked a allied figure.[/quote]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's