Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2017, 09:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Black Mask (II)

The Book of Black Mask (II)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 53
ARKHAM UNLEASHED

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman Arkham Origins set.
Its model number and name are #015/Black Mask.

Character Bio - Roman Sionis, better known by his criminal alias Black Mask, is a longtime enemy of Batman and one of the most prominent figures in Gotham City's organized crime.

Once a member of Gotham's social elite and president of makeup giant Janus Cosmetics, Roman's own poor business sense led to a series of decisions that largely destroyed his reputation as both. Humiliated, Roman sought revenge on those he perceived to be responsible for his misfortunes - namely, Bruce Wayne and his company. To this end, Roman created the identity of the crimelord named Black Mask, as well as the criminal organization known as the False Face Society. - DC Wikia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • When Black Mask is on the battlefield and all your Order Markers are on Crime Lords you control, all Insane figures have the class of Criminal instead of what is listed on their cards, removing any class synergies they previously had and granting them these Criminal Synergies. Current Insane figures.
  • Black Mask can use his Underworld Connections special power to take a turn with a Unique Criminal Hero or Crime Lord that you control. Current Criminals and Crime Lords.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 03:47 PM. Reason: png
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:41 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Black Mask (II) (Breathing)

NAME = BLACK MASK
SECRET IDENTITY = ROMAN SIONIS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME LORD
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

ARKHAM UNLEASHED
If Black Mask is on the battlefield and all your Order Markers are on the cards of Crime Lords you control, Insane figures you control have the class of Criminal instead of what is listed on their cards.

UNDERWORLD CONNECTIONS
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Black Mask, if Black Mask did not move during his turn, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control and immediately take a turn with a Unique Crime Lord or Unique Criminal Hero you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Black Mask. You may not take any additional turns with any other figures.

TORTUROUS INTERROGATION
After a figure you control attacks an opponent's figure with an adjacent normal attack, if the defending figure receives at least one wound and is engaged with Black Mask, that opponent may immediately reveal and remove one unrevealed Order Marker from any Army Card that opponent controls. If your opponent does not reveal and remove an Order Marker, the defending figure receives 1 wound. Figures with the Super Strength special power are not affected by Torturous Interrogation.

Last edited by Arkham; December 13th, 2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old June 16th, 2017, 09:42 PM

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; December 13th, 2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old June 16th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Mass unconditional recruitment like that strikes me as a little scary, especially since making Insane into Criminals doesn't disrupt their normal Insane synergies. Also means that in terms of design space, all future Insane figures have to worry about Criminal synergies. Might need some limits there, or at least an OM requirement for him to maintain that recruitment effect (just having an OM at the start of a round, or maybe making him reveal an "X" at the start of the round).
Old June 16th, 2017, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Mass unconditional recruitment like that strikes me as a little scary, especially since making Insane into Criminals doesn't disrupt their normal Insane synergies. Also means that in terms of design space, all future Insane figures have to worry about Criminal synergies. Might need some limits there, or at least an OM requirement for him to maintain that recruitment effect (just having an OM at the start of a round, or maybe making him reveal an "X" at the start of the round).
I'd be fine with either of those. I'd even be fine with a "At the start of the game choose one" type of limitation. However, I figured I'd start with the most ideal scenario. I agree though that it could lead to some issues down the line.

It seems to be the easiest way to envelop Insane figures into the synergy web. It allows the other Crime Lords to activate them if Black Mask is around, and there's a handful of Bat rogues that are brought in. So I figured what the hell.

But I'm open to suggestions and brainstorming on how to ensure it's reasonable.
Old June 17th, 2017, 02:49 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I too am a bit concerned about all the Criminal Synergy that could be transferred to an Insane army but I'm sure we can figure out something that will remain fun and balanced. The potential of the torture power may lead to an unreasonably high price for something that won't hit it's max potential very often. I'd look at toning it down a bit. Maybe instead of rolling a die, and potentially rolling 3-4 skulls in a row, it is an automatic wound and that is it. Either reveal an OM (if you can) or take an additional wound.
Old June 17th, 2017, 08:50 AM

I'd like to see what people come with on how to make it work. Otherwise, if it's not doable, we can just ditch it and include an activation for Insane figures in his 2nd power instead. Not against that, just figured turning them into Criminals would get more mileage from the other Crime Lords as well.

As for Torturous Interrogation, I figured with it requiring so many things in order to be successful that it would be kept in check. A wound must be caused, the figure causing the wound must be adjacent to the defending figure, Black Mask must be adjacent to the defending figure, the figure can't have Superstrength, no OM removed by the opponent, and you have to roll a 50/50 chance. However, if the potential of that when it all falls into place is too scary, I'd settle for just a straight auto-wound if an OM isn't removed.

I'm still a little unsure about Criminal Strategist only allowing him to attack with another figure if he forgoes his own attack. Perhaps a full turn is necessary. It's hard to be an effective hub if you can't take a full turn with another figure. So that may need some retooling.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Current Insane Heroes:

Carnage (280)
Creeper (125)
Deadpool (285)
Firefly (120)
Floronic Man (135)
Green Goblin (230)
Harley Quinn (130)
Hugo Strange (155)
Jackal (255)
Joker (I) (190)
Joker (II) (140)
Mad Hatter (90)
Mister Zsasz (100)
Poison Ivy (165)
Ragdoll (100)
Scarecrow (140) (already a Criminal)
Scorpion (200) (already a Criminal)

Current Insane Squads:

Arkham Inmates (60)

Updated through Wave 24.

Since that release, I think only the new Harley Quinn (180) is Insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; June 17th, 2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would not worry too much about the Insane Criminal synergy.
There is always Judge Dredd for a counter.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some figures that synergize with Criminals:

Crime:
The Book of Amanda Waller (195 points) DC - unique Criminal, Outlaw, Rogue, or Thief hero
The Book of Hush (220 points) DC - crime lord; criminal;
The Book of Kingpin (220 points) MARVEL - criminal; assassin; crime lord
The Book of Lex Corp Security (130 points) DC - unique criminal hero
The Book of Red Mist (Chris Genevse) (50 points) ICON - unique Criminal hero
The Book of The Hood (180 points) (Parker Robbins) MARVEL - Criminal or Crime Lord hero

Not yet released:
Penguin II (150 points) DC
Two-Face II (170 points) DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Last edited by quozl; June 17th, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Double Attack with Red Hood and Deadpool should be solid.
Lex Corp and Deadpool will be nice as well.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM

I'd say ultimately it's probably not going to be an issue. Insane figures aren't very common(as pointed out by quozl), and 3/4 of them tend to be Batman rogues that make complete sense in this case. I'd also like to point out that most, if not all, figures that offer synergy to Criminals, tend to be a bit vulnerable defensively.

However, I can definitely understand the hesitation, so let's reign it in a tad and we'll throw an OM requirement to keep it active, as Ronin suggested. With Black Mask not being defensively great, it's something that should be reasonably simple to take out if it becomes troublesome. However, that's where Penguin II's Political Manipulation would further help.

Here's how the card would look with current suggested changes:

Quote:
CRIMINALLY INSANE
If there is at least one Order Marker on this card, other Insane figures you control have the class of Criminal, regardless of what is listed on their card.

CRIMINAL STRATEGIST
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Black Mask, if Black Mask did not move during his turn, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on Army Cards you control and immediately take a turn with a Unique Crime Lord or Unique Criminal you control within 5 clear sight spaces of Black Mask.

TORTUROUS INTERROGATION
After a figure you control attacks an opponent’s adjacent figure with a normal attack, if the defending figure receives at least one wound and is engaged with Black Mask, your opponent may immediately reveal and remove one unrevealed Order Marker from any Army Card that opponent controls. If your opponent does not reveal and remove an Order Marker, the chosen figure receives 1 wound. Figures with the Super Strength special power are not affected by Torturous Interrogation.

Last edited by Arkham; June 17th, 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library