Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 4th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Magneto

The Book of Magneto

C3G MARVEL WAVE 1
RISE OF THE MUTANTS

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Infinity Challenge set.
Its model number and name are #127-129 / Magneto.

Character Bio - "Magneto was born Max Eisenhardt sometime in the late 1920s to a middle class German Jewish family whose father, Jakob Eisenhardt was a highly decorated World War I veteran. Surviving discrimination and hardship during the Nazi rise to power, Kristallnacht, and the passing of the Nuremberg Laws, in 1939 Max and his family fled to Poland where they were captured during the German invasion of Poland and sent to the Warsaw Ghetto. Max and his family escape the Ghetto, only to be betrayed and captured again. His mother, father, and sister were executed and buried in a mass grave, but Max survived possibly due to the manifestation of his powers. Escaping from the mass grave, he is ultimately captured yet again and sent to Auschwitz, where he eventually becomes a Sonderkommando. While at Auschwitz, Eisenhardt reunites with a Roma girl named Magda, with whom he had fallen in love when he was younger, and with whom he escapes the prison camp during the October 7th 1944 revolt. Following the war, he and Magda move to the Ukrainian city of Vinnytsia, and adopts the name "Magnus". Magda and Magnus have a daughter named Anya, and live uneventfully until one night when an angry mob burned their home down with Anya still inside. Enraged at the mob preventing him from rescuing Anya, the young Magneto's powers manifest uncontrollably, killing the mob and destroying a part of the city. Magda, terrified at Magneto's power, leaves him and later dies giving birth to the mutant twins Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. Wanted by the authorities for the deaths and destruction in Vinnytsia, while searching for Magda, Magnus paid a Romanian forger George Odekirk, to create the cover identity of "Erik Lehnsherr the Sinte gypsy" for him."

"'Erik', relocated to Israel, where he met and befriended Charles Xavier while working at a psychiatric hospital near Haifa. There, lengthy debates are held by the two regarding the consequences humanity faces with the rise of mutants, though neither reveals to the other that they both in fact possessed mutant powers. However, they are forced to reveal their inherent abilities to one another, while facing Baron Von Strucker and HYDRA." Following the battle, Erik (now dressed as Magneto) realizes that his and Xavier's views are incompatible. He leaves with a cache of hidden Nazi gold, which provides him with the financing to launch his goals. (Wikipedia, 2010).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • While he has no direct synergy, Magneto's Magnetic Throw can help activate many Brotherhood members' abilities dependent on adjacency, such as Mystique's Engagement Strike 13 and Blob's Stuck.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 09:29 PM. Reason: png
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Magneto C3G X-Men Master Set

NAME = MAGNETO
SECRET IDENTITY = ERIK LEHNSHERR

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = REVOLUTIONARY
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 310

MAGNETIC SHIELD

Start the game with a Magnetic Shield Marker on this card. After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may place or remove the Magnetic Shield Marker. While the Magnetic Shield Marker is on Magneto's card, when rolling defense dice, you may add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled. Magneto may not use Magnetic Throw while the Magnetic Shield Marker is on this card.

MAGNETIC THROW
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose one small or medium figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Magneto. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 6 or higher, throw the chosen figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of its original placement. After the figure is placed, you may roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 1 wound. Thrown figures do not take any leaving engagement attacks. When Magneto uses his Magnetic Throw, he may use his Magnetic Throw one additional time.

MENTAL SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Magneto.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Last edited by SirGalahad; April 26th, 2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Legacy text
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to see Magneto having a throw ability that's not tied to a D20 roll.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Magneto

Mutant
Unique Hero
Ruler
Determined
Medium 5

Life: 4
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 4
Defense: 6

Magnetic Throw Special Attack
Range 5. Attack 6.
When attacking with Magnetic Throw Special Attack, you may move the defending figure one space for each skull rolled. After moving the defending figure, you may roll one unblockable attack against the defending figure and all figures adjacent to the defending figure after the move. Figures do not take leaving engagement attacks when moved in this way.

Magnetic Force Field
If any figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Magneto is targeted for an normal attack by a non-ajacent figure and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, you may choose any figure in clear sight of Magneto to defend against the attack.

Psychic Protection Helmet
An opponent may never take control of Magneto.

Mutant Leader
Before taking a turn with Magneto, you may take a turn with any Mutant you control.

Magnetic Defense
If Magneto is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, Magneto receives no wounds from the attack and you may move the attacking figure 3 spaces. Figures moved in this manner do not receive leaving engagement attacks.

Magnetic Hold
After an opponent reveals an Order Marker on a card whose figure is within 5 clear sight spaces of Magneto, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 18 or higher, your opponent's turn immediately ends.

Super Strength Symbol
Flying Symbol

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I know there's way too much. What do we like or dislike?
Old December 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM

I like the Psychic Protection Helmet the best, though I wouldn't mind seeing it called the same thing as the one on Juggernaut's card (need to dig around and update that thread ... oye, too much to do!).
I like the idea of him having a Magnetic defensive power in addition to that and a Magnetic throw power as well. I'd prefer if he has a Throw power he can use in addition to his normal attack. I honestly really like the idea of him having the same throw as Jean Grey, just he doesn't have to roll the D20, because it works automatically. Yeah, that's pretty darn powerful, but I don't anticipate our villains will have the synergies that the X-Men will, so they'll need to be pretty darn powerful as individuals, starting with Magneto.
I really don't like the Mutant Leadership power. It's too much like what Prof. X. allows you to do, and it's too open for abuse if you have both Prof. X. and Magneto in your army.
Also, I'd like teamwork to be the distinction between the X-Men and their villains. I'd like to see the X-Men really work together as a team well, whereas their enemies should feel more like loosely allied individuals.

Old December 4th, 2009, 06:29 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like the Psychic Protection Helmet the best, though I wouldn't mind seeing it called the same thing as the one on Juggernaut's card (need to dig around and update that thread ... oye, too much to do!).
I like the idea of him having a Magnetic defensive power in addition to that and a Magnetic throw power as well. I'd prefer if he has a Throw power he can use in addition to his normal attack. I honestly really like the idea of him having the same throw as Jean Grey, just he doesn't have to roll the D20, because it works automatically. Yeah, that's pretty darn powerful, but I don't anticipate our villains will have the synergies that the X-Men will, so they'll need to be pretty darn powerful as individuals, starting with Magneto.
I really don't like the Mutant Leadership power. It's too much like what Prof. X. allows you to do, and it's too open for abuse if you have both Prof. X. and Magneto in your army.
Also, I'd like teamwork to be the distinction between the X-Men and their villains. I'd like to see the X-Men really work together as a team well, whereas their enemies should feel more like loosely allied individuals.
I agree. Ideally the X-Men would cost less, but their synergies would make them formidable against higher costed foes.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old December 5th, 2009, 05:31 PM

And the X-Men really have the synergies already with things like Improved Carry, Mutant Mindlink, and Cyclops' leadership based powers.

Old December 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I like the Magnetic Throw and Magnetic Forcefield. I'd also lower the range down to six, and price him around 230.

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do that. Just let me know and I'll edit it all out.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old December 6th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I don't know if I'm allowed to do this, but I like the Magnetic Throw and Magnetic Forcefield. I'd also lower the range down to six, and price him around 230.

Sorry if I wasn't supposed to do that. Just let me know and I'll edit it all out.

Swamper, everyone is certainly allowed and encouraged to offer suggestions and opinions around here. With that said, Magneto is a pretty bigtime villain and needs to be over 300 points worth of badness IMO.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 6th, 2009, 12:42 PM

I really like Magneto from 280-320. And feel free to chime in any time, Swamper. Though we have some people "officially" working on this, it's a community project, and we certainly want community input.

Old December 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM

Instead of Determined, what about:

Idealistic
Principled
Iconoclastic

?

Old December 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How many powers are you aiming to put on this guy?

I like Idealistic since he thought that the people with the super powers were the best.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library