Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 25th, 2007, 06:01 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I think Hatamoto is a great addition to a Samurai army.
I used Mr Taro in a battle alongside Mr Awa and kept Hatamoto 8 spaces behind the archer. The extra defense came in very handy for Kaemon and he managed to kill off half of my opponents team!
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Sculpt-wise, my favorite FB.

I used him with Kae and the T.S. Archers against Minions, Marro Warriors, and Nakitas.
Counterstrike rolls were hot in this game.
Get Hatamoto up high and get some Adjacent Tough action going.
His pose epitomizes exactly how he'd look while the other samurai go out to Counterstrike all kinds of nastiness.

I know he gets no respect from the competitive scene, but I really like Taro.
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Hatamoto means 'one who carries the banner' if anyone is interested.

Old May 29th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Hatamoto means 'one who carries the banner' if anyone is interested.

Excellent HS trivia right there!
I agree...very cool...goes along with the Kanji on his flag meaning Hero very well
Old June 5th, 2007, 04:41 AM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Heres the deal...Im just tryin to help anyone out there not do something as stupid as i just did tonight.

It basically comes down to this: The one little friggin line on Hatamoto's card that says "when defending against an adjacent attack". We had the "ultimate" tounament, and it came down to Jandar vs. Einar in the finals. Each team had 1500 points and 3 ppl on it (6 total). The knights were basically shut down by all those samurai, and at the time we thought the Omnicron and the 4th Mass. were too. It ended up being a close game, but afterwards we realized that all those defense he was rolling against our range didnt count at all!

Hope that helps a few newbs out. lol

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old July 4th, 2007, 10:55 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Adjacent and Normal

Hopefully his stock goes up with the Ashigaru release.

On a slightly irrelevant note. He is a Samurai, and as such, counterstrike from enemy samurai does not work on him.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
Hopefully his stock goes up with the Ashigaru release.
Yeah, hopefuly. If not I don't know what I'm gonna do with little Hatamoto.
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
So, we now have seen the two squads of Ashigaru. How much do you think they are going to help Hamato Taro?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
So, we now have seen the two squads of Ashigaru. How much do you think they are going to help Hamato Taro?
Yes! Yes! A resounding yes! I mean, 190 points for him and the Harquebus. If you keep them next to him, not only do they get an automatic defense die, but with height, they have an average of 2 Shields. Doesn't seem that good, but it'll work WONDERS.
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:51 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:
Yes! Yes! A resounding yes! I mean, 190 points for him and the Harquebus. If you keep them next to him, not only do they get an automatic defense die, but with height, they have an average of 2 Shields. Doesn't seem that good, but it'll work WONDERS.
Ok I am the first to admit I am a simpleton, but how exactly does symbol = shield equate to automatic defense die for Ashigaru?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok I am the first to admit I am a simpleton, but how exactly does symbol = shield equate to automatic defense die for Ashigaru?
Adjacent Tough 1 mean that all adjacent Einar units add 1 automatic shield to the roll. Counting the Einar Symbol, it's a 50/50 chance of rolling a shield. Therefore, and average of 1 defense rolled, and 1 added.
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:57 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Adjacent Tough 1 mean that all adjacent Einar units add 1 automatic shield to the roll. Counting the Einar Symbol, it's a 50/50 chance of rolling a shield. Therefore, and average of 1 defense rolled, and 1 added.
Adjacent Tough only applies to Hatamoto. He gets the bonus, not the unit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units