Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Old December 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Marvel Wave 1: Reinforcements Arrive Photos

Scape sculpts are excellent for their meat, yes.
Old December 31st, 2010, 08:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

I thought this thread was revealing the stats.

However, it's nice to see all the pics here.

MegaSilver
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:15 AM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitebeatk View Post
This thread was not created to provide shameless plugs to C3G, fine sir.
I already have that Deadpool (and the 50 other custom deadpools) printed out.
Why was this thread created? To remind us that Wave 1 was created but will never be released? To show us great miniatures that we will never get to own? These threads serve no purpose but to stir a pot that has been overstirred for years. You are correct that there will never be another official release by Hasbro, but there doesn't even need to be. We have official cards now. C3G does just as good a job as Hasbro ever did. Hell, I think they do better.
Old January 1st, 2011, 08:51 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
Quote:
This thread was not created to provide shameless plugs to C3G, fine sir.
I already have that Deadpool (and the 50 other custom deadpools) printed out.
Why was this thread created? To remind us that Wave 1 was created but will never be released? To show us great miniatures that we will never get to own? These threads serve no purpose but to stir a pot that has been overstirred for years. You are correct that there will never be another official release by Hasbro, but there doesn't even need to be. We have official cards now. C3G does just as good a job as Hasbro ever did. Hell, I think they do better.
I agree. If we can punch out 50 good untis in a year, and they can only give us 10 somewhat-bad ones, well it's self-explanatory from there...

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

I ALWAYS manage to get someone angry with me. Note: I love C3G! You people do an amazing job.
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
I ALWAYS manage to get someone angry with me. Note: I love C3G! You people do an amazing job.
Thanks, just try making wordings your comments differently to show it.

Old January 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I think the original 10 from MARVEL SCAPE were brilliant (except for Iron Man), and they really paved the way for all us upstart wannabe designers. If I was honest with myself, I would probably say that MARVEL Scape has played a bigger part in creating the designer that I am today even more than C3G, because MARVEL Scape was my first and immediate inspiration.

Just to give a specific shout out here, I think HULK is an absolutely genius design, and I will be the LD on the C3G HULK soon, and let me tell you, that is a tough act to follow.

Thanks for the C3G love too guys, and I do agree with you that those "would be" MARVEL figures look absolutely amazing.
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM

They definately nailed Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-man. Other than that though, I think the rest of them are lacking. Abombination and Venom could each use a unique power, Iron Man has nothing, Red Skull, Silver Surfer, and Thanos need a little more, and Doctor Doom neds some more.

Old January 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually like Iron Man. He's an extremely simple design that represents so much about the character. Really the only thing I would ever want to see changed about him is to rename double attack to something more character based.

Old January 1st, 2011, 06:12 PM

elitebeatk is surprisingly tart

We play 250 armies at our house. I love Iron Man.
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:13 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
They definately nailed Hulk, Captain America, and Spider-man. Other than that though, I think the rest of them are lacking. Abombination and Venom could each use a unique power, Iron Man has nothing, Red Skull, Silver Surfer, and Thanos need a little more, and Doctor Doom neds some more.
I agree with you for the most part. Looking back over the times I've played Marvel, Abomination has never been picked because he just looks like a weaker Hulk.

Red Skull and Doctor Doom could handle being a little better, especially the stakes are so much higher in superhero games.

I used to be against Marvelscape because it breaks the game, but with the release of the C3G customs I realize the real reason I never played with the Marvelscape figures: The gameplay with them is not as fun or as a varied as with regular scape. C3G shows that it's okay for superheroes to "break" the game because you will just be playing superheroes vs. superheroes anyway. The fun factor is what Marvelscape is a bit shy on.

This expansion probably has a ton of gag orders on it just like everything else, so it's unclear whether all we have are the sculpts or whether the figures were indeed designed but never released. Maybe if we hope and pray in a few years the gag order might be lifted or have worn off so we can see the stats.

But I don't really know anything about gag orders. Just hoping.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM

Just so you know, it was very much confirmed that Wave 1 was fully designed and was ready to print, but for an unknown reason, it did not.

Also, Craig Van Ness confirmed in a podcast that there were lots of other MARVEL units being designed as well. It is likely that we will NEVER see wave 1 or anything else on the subject.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News