Old June 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM

WarBanner is surprisingly tart
Islandscape is Here!

SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, July 22nd 12pm - 6pm
at
Legendary Realms
1163-5 Old Country Rd. Plainview, NY 11803

Yes, once again it's time for some summer 'scaping. Islandscape returns for its 11th consecutive year, so let the trash talking begin!

Set up and sign in will be from 12 - 12:30, with the first round to start by 1pm. The tournament will be 5 1-hour rounds, Swiss-style, with ranking based first on W/L scores, then point dominance. Squads count for partial points.

We're taking our cue once again from a Gen Con HS event. Bring an 18 hex 500pt army. All of your army must be from 1 of the following alliances: Jandar / Ullar / Valkrill; Utgar / Einar; Vydar / Aquilla. No more than 300 points from 1 general. No Marvel or other customs, with the exception of C3V units, which are allowed.

Maps will be BoV maps, and I'll be focusing on builds that have not been so well used (I'm looking at you, Highways and Dieways!)

Cost is free, but we do request you bring a prize for the prize table, and show some love for our host, Legendary Realms.

Thanks to Chas, we *will* have cake again this year!

Attendees:
1)Warbanner (your genial cruise tournament director)
2)Chas
3/4) OrcElfArmyOne (+1)
5) HoundsRule
6) Superfrog
7) Rich
8 ) Kolakoski
9) Taeblewalker
10/11) Man_At_Arms (+1)
12) Sherman Davies
13) Jet
14/15) Sir Denrik / Lady Denrik
16) Kathy (maybe)
17) X Marker (maybe)
18 ) Acefrehley
19) the one, the only ... wait for it... Grishnakh!
20) Friend of Jet

Maps:

* Fulcrum (Sherman)
* Road Rage (Jet)
* Fire Isles (superfrog)
* If you can't take the heat... (Warbanner)
* Arctic Divide (Warbanner)
* Burial Marsh (Warbanner)
* The Broken Skyline (Warbanner)
* Hot Heights (Warbanner)
* Quasatch Playground (Grishnakh)
* Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh (Rich10)

Looks like I'm going to have to drop off maps the day before the tournament. No pressure. :)

UPDATE
I've been asked about glyphs - my personal position is that the game is actually better without them, and that special rules like that on Burial Marsh should be ignored during a tournament. That said, many people like glyphs; so, here's what I'm going to do. The following 8 glyphs will be possible on any map that has glyphs on it:

1) Astrid - Attack +1
2) Dagmar - Initiative +8
3) Gerda - Defense +1
4) Lodin - d20 +1
5) Rannveig - no flying
6) Ulvania - Unique attack +1
7) Urland - Summoning
8) Crevcor - Common attack +1

Players will roll a d8 whenever a glyph is first uncovered to see which glyph it is. I'll bring d8s and a list of glyphs for each table.

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"

Last edited by WarBanner; July 19th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:20 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Islandscape is Here!

"I shall go to Korea."
--General Douglas MacArthur
(Quoted at the start of M.A.S.H., by Robert Altman)

"I shall go to Islandscape."
--Chas
Old June 6th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

My dad and I will be there; also put my friend Mike (HoundsRule) down as a maybe. Looking forward to hanging with y'all again!
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I plan to be there!
Old June 7th, 2017, 08:41 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll be there.
Old June 8th, 2017, 05:59 AM

Hooray for all attendees!

Old June 8th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

My son and I are unable to attend. Have a great tournament!
Old June 8th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Ah man that's too bad, won't be the same.
Old June 8th, 2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Ah man that's too bad, won't be the same.
What he said. You will be sorely missed.

Old June 9th, 2017, 11:40 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Originally Posted by chas:

"Just a cross post here that probably three of us will be attending the annual Islandscape Tournament with our pals out in Suffolk County, Long Island on Saturday, July 22. Its always a lot of fun, so if you can make it, let them know on the Events thread here, where you can check out the format:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54099

Tell them the NYCG4 sent ya!"

As it happens, I will be available to participate in Islandscape this year!

Old June 11th, 2017, 12:02 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I plan to be there!
Glad you'll be making the trip! I'll be attending as well.

Old June 11th, 2017, 12:07 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I plan to be there!
Glad you'll be making the trip! I'll be attending as well.
I'm a little closer for the summer (Wilmington, DE). Should be fun to do this and the Maryland one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events