Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 18th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Got in a few more games with Stubobj before I had to head to work today -

Dragonheart
Hive x 3
Battle for Hill 218
Dragon Dice - The Firewalkers triumphed over the Lava Elves

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I enjoyed Hive the most out of the games I played with Matthias. I have pnp version using Heroscape generals. Im thinking I need to purchase this one though because those tiles were so nice. Its such a simple little game yet with a lot to think about while youre playing. I lost all 3 games but still had a blast the whole time.

It was also nice to finally play Battle for Hill 218 with an actual person. I have the AI computer version.

Dragonheart was cool. When Ken had mentioned it was similar to Lost Cities I wasn't too excited. I like Lost Cities but its just not something I jump for joy to play. I really enjoyed playing this one though. My guess is that a lot of it had to do with the Fantasy theme.

This was my second game of Dragon Dice. Its still a lot to remember but Im having fun with it. Right now I think Im just spoiled with Heroscape as I kept wishing I had minis to move around instead of the dice. My wife wasnt at all interested in this when she saw it so Im not sure if itd be worth the purchase for me.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Anyone else had their eyes on this one?

Conquest of Nerath:
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/9...uest-of-nerath

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I've kind of looked at it. Looks cool and I'll have to continue to keep my eye on it as there are just so many games right now that look cool and my play group is kind of limited now. Though though I just discovered a gaming group on BGG that's not too far from me that I might try to get into, so then my ability to get and play more games will grow.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post

Conquest of Nerath:
My first thought was RISK, then I read a bit on it and found this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/6484...view-of-nerath

Two issues I had, Peter Lee and WOTC.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old May 18th, 2011, 10:47 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Claustrophobia x1 tonight.

My humans successfully closed the gate to hell on my wife's demons. Sorry honey, better luck next time!

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:15 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Had a short 'learn to play' session of Alien Frontiers with the kiddies tonight. This one looks like the winner i've heard it described as.

-insert signature here-
Old May 18th, 2011, 11:17 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Got another W with my Lore of Light Kroxigor list tonight!
Old May 19th, 2011, 02:06 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Alien Frontiers is great! Been ignoring it until someone brought to a gameday I hosted and made me play it. Looks amazing in person and the spaceships placement mechanic is a lot of fun.

Also got in my first play of Cosmic Encounter a coupled days ago. We played a bunch of the rules wrong and consequently two players (my wife and her friend) hated it. I didn't do my due diligence beforehand, but I was just so excited to try it out. I'll have to play it against myself to make sure I've got it all down for the next time.
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraine69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post

Conquest of Nerath:
My first thought was RISK, then I read a bit on it and found this: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/6484...view-of-nerath

Two issues I had, Peter Lee and WOTC.

They brought Castle Ravenloft to us, so how bad could it really be? Plus I liked this comment in the review:

Now I've been poking fun at how unsophisticated the game is, but in truth I'd play it in a heartbeat. It is a total dice fest with nods to classic D&D. And it is friggin gorgeous. Each sculpt for the four separate factions is different (something like 10 different units per player so maybe 40 sculpts.)

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great game of Thunderstone tonight with the wife and Josh.

I pulled out an easy win at the end with my Blind Monks and Spears doing the heavy lifting. Won 46-34 (Josh) -30 (Wife).

Josh was ahead early, buying up all the Fireballs, but a trap got his level 3 Lorigg and many of the Abyssals and Wraths were immune to spells and laughed at his Fireball heavy hand.

Wife's sole moment was getting an Earth Wrath and the Thunderstone, but all that did was get her close to Josh.

Fun was had by all though and if the enemies had been a little different (IE, not spell Immune) then Josh would have trashed me for sure.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got a game of Dominion in with my daughters today. We did the Interaction setup and I won 49, Paige had 39 and Morgan had 28. Morgan bought too many Thieves and Spies and was having trouble getting enough money to buy Provinces. I could have slow-played it or bought crap to help them win, but we needed to wrap it up so they could do homework. Then we went outside and played some Bocce Ball before dinner.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games