Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker
High Quality Card Print-Outs?

I just posted this in another thread but thought I'd move the discussion into here.

Here's the basic question. Is there a need for someone on the site to do High Quality Reprints of cards for this game?

I'm talking about Thick, Sturdy cards found with the original waves. Whether these are for Re-Paints or just for replacement I think there could be a demand for them here and I'm trying to judge if it's worth my effort to recreate all the cards in CS3 from scratch?

I'm not looking to sell these or make $$$. I plan on relinquishing the rights to these files to Heroscapers.com so they can be added to the site. I'm just looking to see if there is a demand or desire for something like this here? Though people who don't have access or a desire to print these out for themselves can always work something out in trade.

Here is my original post i made: (with some repeat of what i said above)

I'm actually very talented in recreating print-outs. I've got allot of experience with recreating things completely from Scratch and I have access to printing services to get the job done right the first time.

Check out our site at: www.console-covers.com to see that I've been doing this very thing for over 2 years now on a pretty big scale.

I've been doing this for Video Game and Movie Covers for a long time. Around 18 months ago I joined a couple guys and we brought all of our efforts onto our own website and eventually brought our Resident Artists on the site to include every single top artist on the internet in cover design. With almost all of them being exclusive to our site. 35,000+ members later (most being paid members) our sites ranked the best on the web for Game covers/labels and we're just starting out our movie section this year on the site. I've actually got plans for the weekend but I'd be more then happy to show you guys some demo work.

Is there a demand for replacement cards for HS? I'm also speaking about Thicker more hearty construction like I've seen in the original packaging in HS? Creating every single card in HS from scratch in CS3 will take some time, given that I'll be making templates for these too.

I'm not really into selling things as much as I'm looking to helping people out. On our site we don't sell covers, we sell VIP accounts and the perks they come with (very much like this site).

Do you guys see a demand for this kind of thing?

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.

Last edited by Worseley; August 22nd, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: High Quality Card Print-Outs?

I think a small set that included just the Promo units (Hawthorne, Nerak, Skahen, Woo) would be something most people would pay for would like to have. I know I would.

I don't have much use for extra cards of anything else.

EDIT: An excellent point, Cav, thanks.

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 22nd, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM

Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker Worseley knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I think a small set that included just the Promo units (Hawthorne, Nerak, Skahen, Woo) would be something most people would pay for. I know I would.

My thoughts exactly on that. I also thought people who are looking for official looking cards of Custom Figures would also be interested in this idea too.

Traders: Hoser, Sphere, Taeblewalker, DiscoStu, Hogg, Onacara, Skeletor, Cavalier, PonchoMan, Just_a_Bill, KRUG!, Wytefang, i2hot4u, Jim, Lakai, NEWT, nerdcorerocks, JediNate, Mutt Lo.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I think a small set that included just the Promo units (Hawthorne, Nerak, Skahen, Woo) would be something most people would pay for. I know I would.

Careful. That is intellectual property you are talking about recreating and selling. WotC isn't likely to behappy about it.

Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Careful. That is intellectual property you are talking about recreating and selling. WotC isn't likely to behappy about it.

Yeah, I'm well aware of this line of conversation but I'm not looking to sell but rather make these available and making these entirely from scratch in CS3 helps a bit too. It really isn't any different then printing off the scans here on the site yourself. People can just get some better quality ones from people on the site.

It's also something that I intend to provide for free to the site and Hasbro too. So it's more of a convenience thing then anything else for people.
Cheers Cavalier People helping people is the goal.

Last edited by Worseley; August 22nd, 2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worseley View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I'm well aware of this line of conversation but I'm not looking to sell but rather make these available and making these entirely from scratch in CS3 helps a bit too. It really isn't any different then printing off the scans here on the site yourself. People can just get some better quality ones from people on the site.

It's also something that I intend to provide for free to the site and Hasbro too. So it's more of a convenience thing then anything else for people.
Cheers Cavalier People helping people is the goal.
I understand people helping people. I also know that big companies persue their IP rights vigorously. I just wanted to make sure you had thought about this possibility.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Well, I've taken card files from the downloads sections, scaled them to size, and printed them on my Canon Photo bubblejet on HP Glossy photo paper and they come out oh-so-fresh-and-so-clean.

Generally I then airbrush them with some nice acryl based gloss clearcoat and they are very close to the originals...Agent Skahen here I come!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM

LMB knows what's in an order marker LMB knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I also know that big companies persue their IP rights vigorously.
FWIW, I agree with this. I would be very surprised if Hasbro/WotC didn't issue a cease and desist if you started offering these. I'm surprised the game companies/movie studios don't do the same in regards to your other venture. Maybe they aren't aware of you, maybe there's some other reason they're letting it slide, but it still surprises me because the state of a lot of IP law is that rights can be lost if they aren't vigorously defended.

The principle difference I see in offering HS cards vs game covers is that having game covers doesn't allow you to play the game, but HS cards are an essential game component.

Now, all that said, I would probably be interested in the service becaise even though I've only been playing a short time I have a couple cards that have been damaged. They aren't unusable but it would be nice to replace them (I need to get some of those plastic sleeves too). I would also really be interested in a this type of service if I could submit my own custom cards as a graphics file and have them printed, cut and shipped to me. I've tried the local OfficeMax but the results were less than satisfying.
Old August 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just print them out on normal paper and then run them through a laminator, it works for me.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 02:35 AM

quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker quadraphonic knows what's in an order marker

If they're not making it commercially available, and there was no profit on your end, it would seem to be a reasonable proposition. After all, they're the ones making the decisions that keep the exclusives out of reach for most..

Traders! wk4c, Hilo-scaper, buttercup, omen20154, Nikkomon, Southwest Ninja, Mutt Lo, rudyvalentine, JRandall, neo0149, Generalgina, Gromazeka, CheddarLimbo, Mossman, Just_a_Bill, rouby44, Cavalier
Old August 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM

I've already gotten several pm's from people who are interested in seeing some of these given out. So i guess I'll work on it in my free time. I'll spend most of my time building the templates but once they're done I don't think it should be to hard to create custom cards for people. Whether they're to replace the ones you lost or the ones for your custom units.

Old August 26th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

If you ever get this off the ground let me know - I'd like a high quality card that's double printed rather than hand cut and laminated like I've made.

Thanks for helping people out - that's a real solid thing to do!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units