Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old October 17th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
You have very good taste in games, Uprising.
I've noticed that about yourself as well man.
Ditto to both of you. I'm currently playing Mask of the Betrayer with a half-orc monk.
Old October 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
If I wasn't swamped with game reviews right now, I'd be all over that NWN 2 expansion, dangit. Sigh. I'm planning to pick it up around Christmas and have fun with it over the holidays.
Old October 17th, 2007, 02:59 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
With all the hype over HLe2, I got finagled into ordering the Half Life anthology pack. I figure I'd better start at the beginning of the story. It is scheduled to arrive Friday, just before NHSD! Well, at least I can watch the opening cinematics But I'll probably end up getting Orange Box or whatever has the rest of the HL games in it. I don't care for multiplayer that much except in Halo, so Portal will probably hold my interest more than TF.
Old October 17th, 2007, 03:54 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar
With all the hype over HLe2, I got finagled into ordering the Half Life anthology pack. I figure I'd better start at the beginning of the story. It is scheduled to arrive Friday, just before NHSD! Well, at least I can watch the opening cinematics But I'll probably end up getting Orange Box or whatever has the rest of the HL games in it. I don't care for multiplayer that much except in Halo, so Portal will probably hold my interest more than TF.
I don't have my copy of the original Half-Life anymore. I think it got tossed some years ago by accident. I should pick up the Anthology as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
I'm currently playing Mask of the Betrayer with a half-orc monk. Smile
You gotta tell me how that goes. I remember using a Monk as my Lead Character in Baldur's Gate II and towards level 20 he was ridiculously strong. He had something like 26-28 Armor Class and 5 attacks per round. Guy was a machine.
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Well...buffed he's got AC 42, 7 attacks per round and does about 35 damage per hit.

Guide to getting the Portal gun in single-player HL2 - I have to try this when I get home!!!!!
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM

chris2848 has disabled reputation
mmm....cake!

looking for vegas players!
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM

AgentX-127 Woo who?

This was a triumph.

My daughter gave me the Orange Box for Christmas, and I just finished Portal.

One of the greatest game experiences I have ever had. Portal really gets into your head, like a good novel. I love that in a game.
But the true stroke of genius was the end sequence. Too often you play through a game and are left feeling empty when it's all over.
But the ending of Portal was the most rewarding ending of any computer game I've ever played (and I've been playing PC games since 1985.)
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:53 PM

Dartheyegouger is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX-127
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here, HUGE SUCCESS!

I loved this game, it was one of the most innovative games I've ever played, and definately the best puzzle game I've played.

Marvel Figure Suggestions for Wizards of the Coast
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15733
Old February 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I loved this game. Every once in a while I watch G4 and a couple nights ago they had a ticker at the bottom of the screen that said Valve is working on options for DLC for the Xbox, PC, and PS3 versions of the game. It said they want to make an expansion that is something more than just additional puzzles. I'd love to see a story expansion pack for Portal and an expansion for the excellent Team Fortress 2, which suffers only from a lack of maps.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I heard a rumor that Portal is availible by itself for 20$. Is that true? I've heard many good things about it, but I don't like HL and my internet is too slow to run TF2.
Old February 2nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King
I heard a rumor that Portal is availible by itself for 20$. Is that true? I've heard many good things about it, but I don't like HL and my internet is too slow to run TF2.
Portal is available over Steam (an internet distribution service) and will be sold on its own at retail soon. I don't know anything about the prices. Check Valve's website.

As a follow-up, I just heard it confirmed that Valve is working on a Portal sequel witha much more elaborate stroy and more complicated puzzles (no word on whether this is in addition to or instead of an expansion for the first game) as well as new FREE maps for Team Fortress 2!
Old February 4th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Erasmas Woo who?
I haven't played the other games with the Orange Box, but once I saw my friend messing around with Portal... I had to try it out. I played through it in a weekend (about a day and a half) and was nearly rolling by the ending. I beat it around 3 am on a Saturday with another friend watching/helping. We were delirious from laughter afterwards. Clever, funny, difficult in places. Overall a fantastic game.

Erasmas' Wonderful World of Customs!
God save the 4th!!!

Xbox Live Account:
o Erasmas o

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games