Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
The em-4 Gladiators are to scale, but according to philowar the pre-painted sci-fi figures are not. They are made to scale with the Future Warriors line they sell which was in the smaller range of 28mm.

They are nice figures (I used to own them) but they are small.

I am not sure if the other lines they offer are to scale or not. So, beware, if you are nitpicky about the scale.

If you get some and can take some comparison photos, let me know, so I can post them in the scale comparison thread (which you may find of use):

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...er=asc&start=0

The Reaper Legendary Encounters comparison shots are on page 6.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:17 PM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
Oh, thanks for the heads up on that one. Do you think there is any way to alter the smaller figures to make them to scale? I have some green stuff putty, so do you think I could just chop up the arms, legs, torso, etc. and just beef them up a bit? Might be a little too much to bite off.

Still, I could get away with getting non humanoid figures of different sizes, as they don't really have to measure up to anything in particular.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:28 PM

Pallindromemaster has disabled reputation
Dark Heaven Legends minis from Reaper are terrific! They're lead and unpainted, but veeeeery good sculpts! Plus for squads and stuff, you can get Army Packs http://www.reapermini.com/gallery/DH_army_packs
Warlord is also good, but the Dark Heaven Legends minis are cheaper.

"Genius and Madness are Seperated Only by Degrees of Success" - Sidar Jabari

Pallindromemaster's Customs
Old January 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM

For the Dark Heaven minis, it looks as if for the group packs you only get 2 different sculpts though. If they're metal too, that would make them very hard to modify, would it not? Unless they're just repeating the same figures in the pictures and not showing all of them different sculpts.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:49 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekitsune13
Oh, thanks for the heads up on that one. Do you think there is any way to alter the smaller figures to make them to scale? I have some green stuff putty, so do you think I could just chop up the arms, legs, torso, etc. and just beef them up a bit? Might be a little too much to bite off.

Still, I could get away with getting non humanoid figures of different sizes, as they don't really have to measure up to anything in particular.
That would probably be way too much work, if it is even possible.

Remember that the scale issue only applies if you are worried about it and if you use other figures that make the size difference obvious. If you are using the e-m4 figures with each other on the HS terrain it certainly is not an issue.

I think what bothers most people is when the human figure size does not match up, so if it is mostly robots, dragons, etc on the battlefield, most people probably won't even notice!

By the way, the AT-43 sci-fi figures, though a bit pricey, are really nicely painted and the scale matches the HS humans quite well. Some of the figures are somewhat poseable to avoid that duplicate figure look. Check out the Cool Figures for HS thread for an image of the new pre-painted Templar knights for Rackham's Confrontation fantasy game. They look pretty amazing.
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:55 AM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, the EM4 Minis look great! They're a little expensive though. I might snap up the £5 aliens if they're the right scale... I've seen some customs with the Gladiators, what about the scale for those aliens?

EDIT:Just saw LilNewb's link, thanks! Still a little expensive, unfortunately.

EDITx2:I like those Legendary Encounters figures. Not too pricey, either.
Old January 4th, 2008, 12:51 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
More shameless self-promotion here, but check out the My Repaints/Mods link below to see how I used AE legs to make some GW Biker punk figs taller and better scale with HS humans...

Not sure if it would work with the EM4's or not.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron
Quote:
More shameless self-promotion here, but check out the My Repaints/Mods link below to see how I used AE legs to make some GW Biker punk figs taller and better scale with HS humans...

Not sure if it would work with the EM4's or not.
Was that mummy figure metal? If so, was it easy to cut him off his base?

Old January 5th, 2008, 01:59 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

Was that mummy figure metal? If so, was it easy to cut him off his base?
Mummy figure is plastic, straight out of HeroQuest. He was hard to cut off base just because of how thin the feet were and the fact the fig and base were all one mold injected piece.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards