Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

View Poll Results: Which unit is better?
Deathreavers 6 22.22%
Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (v1) 21 77.78%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 17th, 2019, 03:12 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Unit Debate # 73 Deathreavers vs Raelin the Kyrie Warrior

I ask that you don't use this format without permission to preserve the quality of the other Unit Debates and avoid confusion.

NOTE: Debates can now acknowledge the existence and affect of VC Customs (C3V & SoV) on the units

Deathreavers vs Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (V1)
AKA Rats vs Bacon

This Unit Debate was selected by @lefton4ya .

1. Stats/Special Powers

2. Playability

3. Overall Usefulness

4. Who Would Win Head-To-Head

5. Army Builds

6. Best Strategic Use

7. Best in Dungeon Crawl

NOTE: Debates can now acknowledge the existence and affect of VC Customs (C3V & SoV) on the units
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Unit Debate # 73 Deathreavers vs Raelin the Kyrie Warrio

I believe Deathreavers are better because they deny attacks on your ranged units, not just give them 2 more defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 18th, 2019, 11:34 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

You have to take points into consideration, so for this debate you are usually comparing 2 squads of Deathreavers (80 points) vs Raelin. For this comparison it is less about "Who Would Win Head-To-Head" but what is better to add to your army - 2 x "Rats", or "Bacon" (those are nicknames for units as one unit runs all over the place and is annoying to play against, and the other makes any army better, like some say adding bacon makes any sandwich better).

This is very tough decision. At tournaments both are widely seen. I think as an opponent playing against Deathreavers is harder than Raelin, and it forces you to bring an army to stop them when you know they will show up in tournaments (i.e. bring special attackers and powers that can insta-wound/kill). However I think in the hand of an experienced player, Raelin can prolong your army just as good if not better against most armies. Both units are crucial in slowing range attacks, but I think Rats are better paired with a mostly melee army and Raelin is better playing with a mostly Range army. I think a lot of people would pick Raelin over Deathreavers in this poll more because they think Rats are more "cheap" and "annoying" and most Heroscapers are nice enough (generally) that they would rather go play with units that won't **** people off as much. This is a very tough decision.
Old October 21st, 2019, 04:36 AM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

I vote Raelin

Any army that can spare the points could benefit from Raelin

Rats are an excellent melee screen, but in almost every situation I have 80 points to spare in my army, I would pick Raelin over 2x Rats in all but one situation; If I already have Raelin

Plus, I consider Raelin in any army, melee or ranged. Rats I only consider in a ranged army that needs a screen.
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:48 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

She’s a S tier for a reason. Raelin gets my pick. 2 squads of Deathreavers will do a good job of clogging up the map, and punishes melee, but not quite as badly as Raelin punishes anything who relies on combat dice. +2 Defense is really strong, and generally improves survivability by a lot.

Edit: At least Rats win Head to Head? But otherwise, I think Raelin wins every catagory.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:56 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
And the space.

Long live heroscape
Old October 21st, 2019, 12:59 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Quote:
And the space.
More often than not, dropping 1 figure for Raelin is better than rebuilding an army for Rats.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:02 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Glyph grabbing and offensive output are two dominant win categories for the deathreavers, not directly mentioned in the list. But two very critical categories within a game of hersoscape. Neither related to the traditional protective usages of both the deathreavers and Raelin. (which, in and of itself, has a lot of layers within this discussion topic)
Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:25 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Well, usually when you play against either of those units, you pretty much HAVE to kill them first to even be able to deal with the rest of the army.

I find raelin much, much easier to kill. And she usually falls for me under about 2-3 turns of focused attacks. 8 Rats, on the other hand, tend to take far longer due to scatter + high defense.

I will say that raelin has the advantage of being useful from behind the lines, so you can protect her from damage and frustrate the enemy, which makes her "potentially" far more powerful in certain situations. However, this also requires much more clever playing than just swarming your opponent with rats.

So, I would say rats are overall slightly better, but raelin has the potential to be best, with a slight skill curve.
Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:30 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Of course, the best option is both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units