Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old October 2nd, 2019, 06:38 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: 10 Points Under - Heroscape Casting Videos

I love the idea of a live video. One problem you might run into will be just how long the game/video could go. What I mean by that, is that online games can be quite convenient...and with that means it's easy to get up and grab some food or run to the bathroom while waiting a turn...but that also extends the game. Not that it's wrong to do that, but I think the players on the other end should have the understanding that the game is live and not to 1) take 10min per move and 2) make sure they schedule it out in a timeframe they will be able to complete the game (ideally within an hour or so). Of course there's no givens...but I could just see it being really weird for a live stream if we were waiting to see a move for like 10min and then the guy chats in saying 1) he fell asleep on accident (I've done that multiple times) or 2) he had something else scheduled and needed to leave etc.

Basically, it's a great idea! Just make sure the players are handily prepared knowing it's a live audience and to treat the game that way (i.e.place figures/set OM's prior to the livestream, eat before, go to the bathroom etc etc).

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old October 6th, 2019, 12:13 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
But the spontaneous pee break in AYP vs kd was one of my favorite moments in our videos. But fair point. We'd definitely be coordinating with whoever was playing so they would know it was a live game.
Old October 9th, 2019, 10:02 AM

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

We've got a nice casual game coming your way today. Or maybe less of a casual game and more of an Ancient Middle Earth Grudge Match! @kevindola and @JaesShurrig are playing Elves vs Dwarves (though the Elves have some mercenaries) to see which of the races is the best. Will Elven range and nimbleness prevail? Or will simple, strong Dwarven stats win the day?

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 16th, 2019, 05:59 PM

Hello friends! We've got a special new treat for you this week! This is the culmination of a couple of ideas I've been wanting to try for a little bit. One is a team game, because multiplayer games are probably my favorite way to play (OHS Teams Season would be awesome!). I've also thought it would be interesting to try taking a first person approach to game commentary, as opposed to our usual third party commentary. So we combined those into one to bring you a team game where @TrueMurray and myself join in as players. I am joined by @Sir Torin Brokenshield! and True is joined by GoldStarmie, both of whom are local Utah players, and during the game we split into our teams to talk about strategy as we play the game, giving you a first hand look into playing and strategizing with a teammate.

This week we have STB and my perspective on the game, and next video will be True and GoldStarmie's perspective. (Eventually I'd like to do a supercut that jumps between perspectives, but I don't have time for that editing marathon right now.) This should make for some really cool insight to the same game from different perspectives. Let us know what you think about this type of first person commentary and if we should try it again in the future (as well as what can be improved (other than my voice...)).

Also, fair warning, this is a long one...

10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:43 PM

Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness Unhinged Manchild wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah that’s a monster video, I’m going to listen to it in bits as I can. Team games online opens the avenue for private chat/strategizing with your teammate, which often can’t be done with the physical game, so this is cool to see. I’m shocked there aren’t 2v2 online tourneys, although I suppose these games could take a long time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Hello friends! We've got a special new treat for you this week! This is the culmination of a couple of ideas I've been wanting to try for a little bit. One is a team game, because multiplayer games are probably my favorite way to play (OHS Teams Season would be awesome!). I've also thought it would be interesting to try taking a first person approach to game commentary, as opposed to our usual third party commentary. So we combined those into one to bring you a team game where @TrueMurray and myself join in as players. I am joined by @Sir Torin Brokenshield! and True is joined by GoldStarmie, both of whom are local Utah players, and during the game we split into our teams to talk about strategy as we play the game, giving you a first hand look into playing and strategizing with a teammate.

This week we have STB and my perspective on the game, and next video will be True and GoldStarmie's perspective. (Eventually I'd like to do a supercut that jumps between perspectives, but I don't have time for that editing marathon right now.) This should make for some really cool insight to the same game from different perspectives. Let us know what you think about this type of first person commentary and if we should try it again in the future (as well as what can be improved (other than my voice...)).

Also, fair warning, this is a long one...

https://youtu.be/20UopS4E7B8
Old October 17th, 2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonwiker View Post
Yeah that’s a monster video, I’m going to listen to it in bits as I can. Team games online opens the avenue for private chat/strategizing with your teammate, which often can’t be done with the physical game, so this is cool to see. I’m shocked there aren’t 2v2 online tourneys, although I suppose these games could take a long time...
Haha, yeah, monster is an apt adjective. Definitely one where I encourage the use of 2x speed. I didn't realize how long it was getting while we were recording, though, just because I was having a blast.

Yeah, I'm guessing that length is the main reason why there haven't been any 2v2 online tourneys. Scheduling could also be difficult with 4 players instead of 2, so you'd need a more flexible period for games to happen. Still, I think that if there were interest it would be awesome to try -- even as a side event and not an "official" OHS season.

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 17th, 2019, 02:21 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Team Edward?

There was a team event that technically never finished due to scheduling issues. I'm not sure if OHS would do so again since the reasons for that are unlikely to repeat themselves. I'll definitely keep it in consideration.

~Dysole, only speaking for herself at the moment
Old October 23rd, 2019, 11:28 AM

Here comes part 2 of our perspective-based game! This time @TrueMurray and GoldStarmie take the reins in the game against myself and @Sir Torin Brokenshield! And since I had more time with this one, I was able to do a bit more editing and cut down the run time by a good amount, which should make watching it easier!

(The intro and outro are the same, so if you want to skip to where True and Tye's perspective begins it's at 5:29.)

Also, fun fact: this originally 2-hour game is all of five rounds long.

10 Points Under Videos

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; October 23rd, 2019 at 01:51 PM.
Old October 25th, 2019, 01:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
This serves as another answer to the common "why don't we run more online team events" question.
Old October 25th, 2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
This serves as another answer to the common "why don't we run more online team events" question.
Yeah, completely understandable. A whole season would be rough. Thinking about it for myself, I more just wish I had more opportunity to play/watch team games with a bunch of different people than a tournament necessarily, so I should probably just talk to people about it more.

10 Points Under Videos

Old October 25th, 2019, 10:28 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Although next month’s game is a free for all, the Gang generally plays 2 v 2. Very often, for various reasons, they devolve into two 1 v 1 conflicts. I’d love to see a team game strategy thread.

Old October 30th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So... you should post the card from the icon on the channel - what I can see looks witty, but I can't read it all!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports