Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:39 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Age of Annihilation - Backer Trend and Discussion

We need to find Joe Rogan's next guest and blackmail them into promoting AoA on the podcast
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Upset City Baby!

brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness brak88 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
We need to find Joe Rogan's next guest and blackmail them into promoting AoA on the podcast
I feel a baked out of his mind Joe Rogan would enjoy this game immensely and be a solid untapped market. "If this hits 20,000 backers, everything will have a protective coating to eliminate the possibly of beer and pretzel stains? I'll buy 20 bro."

But you know, a luxury brewery beer and mall pretzels with real cheese.

Upset City Baby.
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:58 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I feel a baked out of his mind Joe Rogan would enjoy this game immensely and be a solid untapped market. "If this hits 20,000 backers, everything will have a protective coating to eliminate the possibly of beer and pretzel stains? I'll buy 20 bro."

But you know, a luxury brewery beer and mall pretzels with real cheese.

When are we getting a Joe Rogan Vs. Joey Diaz Heroscape match?
Old October 24th, 2022, 05:12 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
So far it's a simple linear regression.
Have you revisted this at all? It seems to have a pretty clearly defined curve, and I wonder if any other models have a more accurate r value.
I just shifted it to a 3rd order polynomial, which fits quite well. It also now forecasts that AoA will fund and will actually hit three stretch goals. I'm more skeptical than the model though, because it is essentially assuming a symmetrical funding curve.
Old October 24th, 2022, 05:35 PM

randum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I just shifted it to a 3rd order polynomial, which fits quite well. It also now forecasts that AoA will fund and will actually hit three stretch goals. I'm more skeptical than the model though, because it is essentially assuming a symmetrical funding curve.

Well since we're at the halfway point, we'll see if the 3rd order polynomial fits well pretty soon. *fingers crossed*
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:04 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Have you revisted this at all? It seems to have a pretty clearly defined curve, and I wonder if any other models have a more accurate r value.
That would be incredible. I would love to see that!

They hinted at another video with “cooler” people playing. No idea who that could be but would be awesome if it got some big exposure toward the end of this.
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cooler people than CVN? Pffft, doubt it!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:13 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Seeing this raise around $1.3 million and fail would be a head scratcher to me. I guess it really is just too expensive to be viable if that’s the case, but to generate that much in 45 days with all the noted miscues (launching with an outline of a campaign) and lack of traditional crowdfunding exposure that comes with kickstarter, is a pretty solid response and should indicate there’s a market if they can figure out how to package it. I don’t think they will pursue it though if it doesn’t fund. At least not now.
They were 600 backers short of the Rancor and they didn't produce it. That campaign had similar missteps that would have generated 600 more backers if they had shown color pictures instead of greyscale renders too.
Old October 24th, 2022, 06:20 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
Seeing this raise around $1.3 million and fail would be a head scratcher to me. I guess it really is just too expensive to be viable if that’s the case, but to generate that much in 45 days with all the noted miscues (launching with an outline of a campaign) and lack of traditional crowdfunding exposure that comes with kickstarter, is a pretty solid response and should indicate there’s a market if they can figure out how to package it. I don’t think they will pursue it though if it doesn’t fund. At least not now.
They were 600 backers short of the Rancor and they didn't produce it. That campaign had similar missteps that would have generated 600 more backers if they had shown color pictures instead of greyscale renders too.
Worth noting that the Rancor (like most Haslab items) was a one off toy, not the launch of a product line that could be wildly successful. Seems like it could be worth them fronting some of the cost. I don’t think that will actually happen though.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old October 24th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The good ole bias-variance trade-off at work... If only regression models were good at extrapolation rather than interpolation.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old October 24th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And I though the linear projection was excessively optimistic. XD

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old October 24th, 2022, 08:54 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I feel like a power law is the way to go here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion