Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 21st, 2017, 03:49 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Valguard

I've only played a few games with Valguard, but my general issue with him has been the fact that he's mostly useless once he becomes engaged. Five attack is great when you can get it, but when it's just two attack he's pretty weak. Sure, he can take a leaving engagement attack as he has plenty of life, but you don't want him to do it too often. And if he's tied down by multiple figures, you can't risk multiple wounds.

I would say he deserves no more than a C+, maybe a B-.
Old November 21st, 2017, 04:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I've played Valguard a lot actually because the Sacred Band are one of my favorite squads (and in my opinion/experience they are more versatile than the Legos), and he is one of those units you really have to play carefully and with vigor. Bottom line with Valguard is to only get him engaged with 1 or 2 figures at a time and ALWAYS disengage. There is no other way to play him. He fills his points off of running around like a wild man and disengages are only a 50/50 shot at a wound as it is. Disengaging him around the board will always have your opponent guessing. It was my Sacred Band X4, Parmenio, Valguard, Marcus build that went undefeated at GenCon this year for the Assassination tournament and I took 1st. There was a time I disengaged from 3 figures with Valguard just to get a height attack on Q9. Valguard is so fun to play because even if someone does expend effort to get him in 3-4 engagements, if you're bonding with Marcus, then that's a whole other problem they have to consider as well...speedy soldiers who get attack buffed. Usually opponents opt for Marcus before Valguard...and that's good for Valguard

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 21st, 2017, 05:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

He could probably be a C+. He is very tough for his cost, making him great for tying down key figures/spaces. I really like him with the Dreadguls, as obviously they get additional benefit from him versus the Romans or Sacred Band. In addition to helping Berserker Charge, one neat thing to do is First Assault something with 5 dice, then next turn use Strategic Bonding to increase the Raiders to 3 attacks of 4 and finish off whatever Valguard was engaged to so you can do it all again. Disengaging back and forth between two heroes and repeatedly smacking them with 5 dice was fun, too.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 21st, 2017, 07:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I have him at B-. Beefy is good, and he has the life to disengage freely to get the boost a lot.
Old November 21st, 2017, 08:46 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Ha! I was about to check the VC rankings after I posted that, but got busy.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:49 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I have him at B-. Beefy is good, and he has the life to disengage freely to get the boost a lot.
Is the B- without dreadguls? I think the conversation around C -> C+ is his place in classic.
Old November 22nd, 2017, 02:38 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

B- is on the high side anyway, but I'm unconvinced that he's much better with Dreadguls than Romans. Romans are just so darn efficient.

Last edited by dok; November 22nd, 2017 at 02:39 AM. Reason: I know it's not entirely fair, but mirror Valguard with Romans x4 vs. Dreadguls x3, I'm picking Romans.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 05:47 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

I honestly feel like the dreadguls are almost better without a leader, although it isn't a bad idea to have a leader around in casemopportunity presents itself.

I was playing a game against an army of dreadguls and guilty, and I killed guilty first only to find myself wishing I hadn't done so. 3 attacks of 4 with berserker rush (and consequently height) gets scary.
Old November 23rd, 2017, 06:09 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Graaaaaaaagh

+1 to Berzerker Charge rolls helps every now and then, and sometimes they won’t all attack for reason xYz. I’d rather get another figure into the battlefield then not. Also, sometimes numbers are key. 4 attacks against a bunch of Vipers (defense 0) beats 3 attacks against those vipers.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Does anyone have a high quality scan of the basic side of Valguard's Army Card? I can't find a digital counterpart to the scan in the main post, and the best scan that I can find online isn't very clear.
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This is the best one I know of.
Old May 21st, 2019, 06:36 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

That works great for me. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units