Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 16th, 2018, 09:03 PM

sammyjankis Woo who?
Campaign Idea

I’ve been playing/collecting for the past couple years. I have a great core that plays 3-4 times a month. Recently I dove into this site for help with making Customs and map ideas. I have loved that this game has become a creative outlet for me. The games have gotten very big and very intricate (e.g. moving trains/wishing wells/random spawning glyphs). I love them but I would also like something a little more scaled down for fewer players and for quicker games that still have meat to them. Im going to try a Campaign/Story of sorts. Here’s what Ive got so far: (some content borrowed from other posts)
In the Land of Aedran a war has broken out. King Tobye was killed by the Marro Army in battle. The leader of the Marro Army is an undead king threatening both the past and future (haha I know sort of GoT. Flavor text is not my forte). So you are now to play the roll of the rising leader of Aedran.

Players choose a faction from where they will be drawing from- E.g. Jandar/Einar…..

Palyers start with 300 points. They use this 300 to pick a unique hero from their faction to be their Commander (no huge/flying figures). With their remaining points they will purchase other armies from within their faction to form their beginning army (no huge/flying figures. They will become available in later levels) . If your leader is ever killed, game over. So choose carefully.

Players only start with 3 Army card Slots. So on the first level a max of 3 armies may be used. More slots can be earned by special missions and/or summoning glyphs.

New factions from which to draw from may be earned by collecting 2 artifact glyphs (over the course of levels) and/or special levels.

Every level will be different with different objectives (kill X, protect the train, Defend the castle for X amount of turns, turn on these 3 switches……) For completing the level players receive 100pts and they will receive 10pts for each enemy unit killed.

Any Ally unique hero that is killed during battle is permanently removed from the game. All squad armies may call reinforcements before the next level for 10pts for each missing member.

So a quick run through to hopefully make more sense. I choose Ullar to be my Faction. My Commander is Sonlen and I pick up the Aubrien Archers and Warriors of Ashra totaling 280pts. I have a reserve of 20pts heading into the level. I complete the level (100pts) and kill 7 enemies during the level (70pts). I received 170 total points from the level to add to my 20pts in reserve. I have a total of 190pts to spend on either reinforcements for squad units that may have been killed during the battle or to buy a new character from my chosen faction (keeping in mind that since I only have 3 army card slots available, I can only play at most 3 of my armies next level. And I still may only choose form Army cards that I have purchased at some point in the game). Then we reset the board exactly the same and the next person takes their turn at the level. I will use a Composition Book to keep track of everything.

I am not sure what should signal the end of this game variant. Whether we should go until only one person has their Commander left (probably not bc I want everyone to participate) or for a certain number of levels and whoever has the most points wins?

Anyways, this is an ever evolving thing and I just wanted to lay it out for everyone to see and to ask for thoughts/ideas/concerns?
Old February 18th, 2018, 01:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Campaign Idea

Seems simple enough. You are essentially doing scenarios to get more points so you can build bigger badder forces to use in later scenarios. Making it a competition to see if the next guy does as well. Then play the next game. My thoughts......find a way to incorporate it into a co-op game where you and some friends have a heroor points and fight the baddies together. It may be a lot more fun for you then.

Welcome to the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 24th, 2018, 02:02 PM

fallout4fanboy's alt is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Campaign Idea

This would work great with battalions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions