Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 29th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I finished the female sole survivor from the core set of Fallout Wasteland Warfare and the male sole survivor from an expansion. The male is resin and better quality than the PVC female. But she wasn't too bad to paint.

For fun, I set up a little battle scene with some of the other Fallout stuff I have painted.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 30th, 2019, 01:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great. Your walking dead terrain and mats totally work for this game. Ive been wanting to get walking dead back to the table lately. I blame it on watching the tv series over again. Since my one bro in law likes playing walking dead Ill be painting them next most likely. Ive been hankering on painting some zombicide fantasy monsters lately so I may do a box of those. I almost got burnt out painting rebel troopers the other day. I made the push and finished them along with the other AtRts. Getting all those done got me stoked to finish painting my current legion stuff.
-rebel commandos x1
-bossk
-Imp royal guard x1
-scout troopers x1
-sabine x2
-custom AtPts x2
I also am doing a couple alternate paint scheme luke and vaders. One of the vaders is in white with kind of a ralph mcquarrie scheme and a blue lightsaber. Figured Id mix it up on a couple since I have 4 of each. Ive decided to only buy a new set of legion once Ive finished painting them all and then only buy 1 more after those are finished, and so on. In the mean while Ive got plenty of back log to do with other stuff. All my hundreds of primed minis that are cured are waiting as well. One of these days Ill have to pitch for the site supporter badge. That will allow me to upload here more easily.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 30th, 2019, 07:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Walking Dead is a fun game and the minis are really easy to paint, so that would be fun for you guys to get to the table.

I chose not to get the ruined versions of the mdf buildings that I have. While they fit Fallout better and in some cases The Walking Dead, I'd rather have more options with intact buildings.

Sounds like you are continuing to crank out the Star Wars stuff. I know how it is to get burned out, so I end up painting different things to help get burned out of one genre.

You will be able to play a massive game for sure.

Old August 1st, 2019, 12:22 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I dont know @Hahma , I think Im going to have to have those new clone wars models for legion. Did you see all the Gencon spoilers. Holy cow. Im loving all the stuff. The new hover tanks look amazing along with both the new clone stuff and droid stuff. I still am wanting to pick up 1 of each expansion of previously released stuff. Just finished my proxy speeder crews and my rebel commandos last night. Im closing in on my unpainted figure count for legion. For now.

I saw this fun thing to do from a you tuber called goobertown hobbies. He calls it something like miniature roulette. He has a bunch of singular models in brown lunchbags that he randomly pulls and also does a random color scheme from a chart. It looks like something really fun to do. I think instead of doing that Ill do a little chart with different sets and roll to see which expansion I paint for some of my different games after I finish the legion.

Old August 1st, 2019, 12:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

I didn't see the GenCon spoilers yet @TREX . I'll have to look, but I have already cut back on some Legion stuff I had previously planned to get, as I am behind in painting the stuff I have, due to painting for Rangers and Fallout. My downed AT-ST, Sabine and Bossak are at my buddy's house, as he ordered them for me at a decent discount. I'll pick them up on the 17th when we have our next DnD session. He did ask if I wanted to order the upcoming Luke and Vader operative minis, and I caved in and said yes. It's only 2 more minis to paint, won't cost much, but will add more options for those 2 characters in the game.

I'm sure the Clone Wars stuff looks great, as I know the models I saw of the core set looked great at Adepticon. So you are being sucked in by the force

That random paint scheme idea sounds neat.

Old August 1st, 2019, 01:57 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

The new stuff for Legion (have to agree w/ Trex) and Armada both look pretty cool ... although I was planning on dropping Armada after acquiring the SSD cuz nobody in my new town plays.

Here are some pics of the Legion stuff announced last night.

https://m.imgur.com/a/G1hM6Yd
Old August 1st, 2019, 03:01 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
The new stuff for Legion (have to agree w/ Trex) and Armada both look pretty cool ... although I was planning on dropping Armada after acquiring the SSD cuz nobody in my new town plays.

Yeah, those do look awesome. But that means having to collect and paint 2 more factions, and unfortunately I will only get Legion played a few times a year and still have regular Legion models to catch up with, despite already having a lot done.

The guy I play Legion with is also the DM in our DnD group and is the guy I'm playing Rangers of Shadow Deep with. So Legion has to find room in the rotation We hope to one day get a couple more guys to play in a 4 player game. Though we want to be more comfortable with the rules, as there is a lot to keep up with and explain because of so many keywords and cards.

I look forward to you getting that new Marvel miniatures game by Atomic Mass and sharing pictures of games you play it

Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:59 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Yeah, those do look awesome. But that means having to collect and paint 2 more factions, and unfortunately I will only get Legion played a few times a year and still have regular Legion models to catch up with, despite already having a lot done.

The guy I play Legion with is also the DM in our DnD group and is the guy I'm playing Rangers of Shadow Deep with. So Legion has to find room in the rotation We hope to one day get a couple more guys to play in a 4 player game. Though we want to be more comfortable with the rules, as there is a lot to keep up with and explain because of so many keywords and cards.

I look forward to you getting that new Marvel miniatures game by Atomic Mass and sharing pictures of games you play it
Painting miniatures. I'm almost done painting my Song of Ice and Fire miniatures ... those have burned me out and idk if I'm going to get any more models for the game but those Baratheon and Targaryen models look cool ... the repetition of painting the same models over and over again gets to me tho.

I'm a little behind on Legion, bcuz of SoIaF--but I speed paint everything so I can plow thru miniatures pretty quick and still get decent results. Haha, I look back at modding Heroscape minis back in the day and cringe at the results, work process, and time I took to do compared to today.

Mythic Battles: Pantheon is supposed to arrive sometime this decade and I'm going to paint those as well and I'm still working through Batman Gotham City Chronicles. SoIaF and BGCC have both determined me to not back miniatures games on Kickstarter anymore ... they're cool as you get a lot for the price but I'm tired of the weekend time commitments. ...

The Marvel game would be more enjoyable to paint than those other bulk miniature games, I think. I'm thinking I may snag the core set, assemble it, and test it out. If I don't like it I'll sell it to someone else.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 11:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Painting miniatures. I'm almost done painting my Song of Ice and Fire miniatures ... those have burned me out and idk if I'm going to get any more models for the game but those Baratheon and Targaryen models look cool ... the repetition of painting the same models over and over again gets to me tho.

I'm a little behind on Legion, bcuz of SoIaF--but I speed paint everything so I can plow thru miniatures pretty quick and still get decent results. Haha, I look back at modding Heroscape minis back in the day and cringe at the results, work process, and time I took to do compared to today.

Mythic Battles: Pantheon is supposed to arrive sometime this decade and I'm going to paint those as well and I'm still working through Batman Gotham City Chronicles. SoIaF and BGCC have both determined me to not back miniatures games on Kickstarter anymore ... they're cool as you get a lot for the price but I'm tired of the weekend time commitments. ...

The Marvel game would be more enjoyable to paint than those other bulk miniature games, I think. I'm thinking I may snag the core set, assemble it, and test it out. If I don't like it I'll sell it to someone else.
Legion is the last big count miniatures game I want. Frostgrave is nice because those figures crossover to Rangers of Shadow Deep, and you don't need a ton and they aren't repetitive. Fallout Wasteland Warfare doesn't require a ton of minis, and the terrain can crossover to The Walking Dead All Out War, which also doesn't require a ton of minis. The Drowned Earth only requires like 5 to 10 minis per side. The lower model counts make it easier to get them done and on the table.

I hearyou about kickstarting miniatures games. The allure of so many minis is so tempting during the kickstarter campaign, but then the reality hits when you get them and have to paint them all. The Batman City Chronicles game has a ton of minis. If I had that game, I'd try to paint what is required for each scenario. That way you get to play without having to have them all painted, and over time will get them done.

I agree that the Marvel game seems about the right size as far as model count goes. That seems pretty manageable and you can add as you feel like it. Also, the minis will be different and not repetitive.

Old August 3rd, 2019, 04:36 AM
"like" happy

Yeah, the speed painting techniques Ive picked up really do help alot. Its taken me from hopelessly buried in unpainted plastic to thinking I can actually do it. Ive painted 306 miniatures so far for star wars legion. I have 16 more to paint to be finished with the ones I have left. I think Ill be alternating between walking dead, zombicide boxes, and massive darkness models by random selection after I get caught up with legion. Ill definitely agree with Hahma about the low model count skirmish games being fun because they arent as much work. There is something to be said about how cool bigger battles can be though.

Old August 4th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

A couple more finished from the Fallout Wasteland Warfare core set. The starter set I have has the PVC minis and not as good of detail as the resin minis in the expansions I have, but they will suffice for gameplay.

The enslaved tech. He can be played with the Super Mutants as a slave they use to hack computers and other technical stuff, since they aren't that smart. Or he can be played with the Survivors and has has an aura ability to help others in range do tech stuff.

A regular settler with a pipe pistol and radiation detector. I think he found some

Regular Dogmeat, PVC material from starter set

Dogmeat Scout, resin material from an expansion set. The goggles and bandana must help him find things better than the regular version

I also finished a couple more pieces from a terrain set I got for Guild Ball a while back. I have used other pieces in games of Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, so I know I will add these as scatter terrain as well.

Old August 4th, 2019, 11:05 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Dog goggles are awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures