Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:53 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: japes design thread...and that's no joke.

I like the idea of Human Shield, the wording does need a clean up though. I had to read it like 5 times before I truly understood it, but I think it does also highlight what a horrible human being he is.

For trigger man when do we see this actually activating? I assume when he takes turn from Redskull? Are there any other thematic connections for it?
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like that Trigger Man power. Makes you want to draft him with someone that can bond with him or an OM dump that just tells him when to act. Very much fits his role of lackey. I think the Human Shield power could be trimmed down and simplified some, but the underlying concept is a fitting one. I'll give it a try.

HUMAN SHIELD 13
After Crossbones is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack, before attack dice are rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium common or uncommon figure you control and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 13+, if Crossbones receives any wounds from that attack you may apply the wounds to the chosen figure first before applying any remaining wounds to Crossbones.

So a 1 life common squad figure or common hero would only absorb the first W inflicted, but an uncommon hero with 2 or 3 life could take the first 2 or 3 wounds before Crossbones starts taking any damage.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I guess it's mostly just that he's working for others.

If I had to drop one power I had on my write up for a Human Shield/Collateral Damage type of power, I'd probably drop Trigger Man, though.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 10:56 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I really like that Trigger Man power. Makes you want to draft him with someone that can bond with him or an OM dump that just tells him when to act. Very much fits his role of lackey. I think the Human Shield power could be trimmed down and simplified some, but the underlying concept is a fitting one. I'll give it a try.

HUMAN SHIELD 13
After Crossbones is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack, before attack dice are rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium common or uncommon figure you control and roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 13+, if Crossbones receives any wounds from that attack you may apply the wounds to the chosen figure first before applying any remaining wounds to Crossbones.

So a 1 life common squad figure or common hero would only absorb the first W inflicted, but an uncommon hero with 2 or 3 life could take the first 2 or 3 wounds before Crossbones starts taking any damage.
I liked the idea of getting a bonus to the roll if it's a Common and I think you should get to choose any adjacent figure (why wouldn't he use an enemy for a human shield if he could?) but otherwise I'm liking your wording there a lot better.

It's 13 or higher, though. No plus signs.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of feel an opponent figure would actively resist his attempt to grab them and use them as a shield, where as an ally wouldn't expect him to do so and so it would be easier for him to grab a hold of them on short notice (ie. when he sees someone aiming at him). Plus I don't like powers that encourage you to attack your own figures, if he can grab the opponents units and use them as shields then someone will just decide to attack their own Crossbones when he is adjacent to an enemy with a higher defense number than him. I believe you can target him, see if he rolls a 13+, if he doesn't decide not to roll attack dice, if he does attack and try and kill the figure he's engaged with.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:21 PM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!

What about this?

NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTITY = BROCK RUMLOW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

4 LIFE
MOVE 5
RANGE 4
ATTACK 5
DEFENSE 5

POINTS ?

SKILLED MARKSMAN
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Crossbones's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to Crossbones' Range Number for this turn. For each number added to Crossbones Range the defending figure must also subtract that same number from their Defense to a minimum of 1.

BRUTALITY
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the defending figure has a lower Attack number than Crossbones's Attack number, The defending figure subtracts 1 from it's defense.

HUMAN SHIELD 13
After Crossbones is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack, before attack dice are rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, if Crossbones receives any wounds from that attack you may apply the first wound to the chosen figure before applying any remaining wounds to Crossbones.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:23 PM

Maybe this instead

HUMAN SHIELD 17

After Crossbones is targeted for a non-adjacent normal attack, before attack dice are rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, if Crossbones receives any wounds from that attack you may apply the first wound to the chosen figure before applying any remaining wounds to Crossbones. If the chosen figure is a figure you control you may add 4 to your roll.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I really liked the Trigger Man power. Feels like a shame to lose that so we can double-dip on 'cruelty' powers.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:44 PM
C3G Landlord

Just a heads up that that Marksman ship power will encourage you to draft him into a Cap & Star Lord build, and drive his price up as a result.

As for Trigger Man thematic connections, I took a quick look at his comic history and Red Skull & Sin were his main allies. Red Skull did send him to go work with Baron Zemo though. So between Red Skull's Master Motivator and Baron Zemo's OM deal, two of the three are already covered. So if/when Sin gets a card we would just need to make sure she has a bonding power that starts with an OM on her card.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Just a heads up that that Marksman ship power will encourage you to draft him into a Cap & Star Lord build, and drive his price up as a result.

As for Trigger Man thematic connections, I took a quick look at his comic history and Red Skull & Sin were his main allies. Red Skull did send him to go work with Baron Zemo though. So between Red Skull's Master Motivator and Baron Zemo's OM deal, two of the three are already covered. So if/when Sin gets a card we would just need to make sure she has a bonding power that starts with an OM on her card.
Great point about Zemo and a future Sin, count me back in on Trigger Man. Maybe instead of Skilled Marksman we just reuse Deadshot’s Sniper Targeting power with a base of 4 range it would still work.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 08:45 AM

Yeah, I'm back to wanting Trigger Man as one of the three powers as well. Personally, I'd go Brutality and Human Shield with that. I'd rather double down on jerk powers than worry too much about showing what a marksman he is (long range will do that on its own).

Old August 3rd, 2018, 10:36 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I've always wanted a common Mercenary with the Trigger Man power - it's just such a great power for a "gun for hire." Would love to see it here, too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy