Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 20th, 2016, 01:39 AM

BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker BigThumbToe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Super Hero City AKA Japes's Custom Crap

Start small. It's a thing you'll never actually finish. But that's a good thing. I've built a couple cabinets but each one is more of a new version of the previous with most components getting carried over and reused. I started with an x-arcade tankstick and then used the buttons and switches to build my own layout in a full size cabinet. Then built a 4 player panel. Then realized we never played 4 player games and went back to 2 players with rgb LEDs. Then scrapped the whole thing during a move, kept all the buttons and inner workings of course. And now I'm finally at the nice, compact, small footprint cabinet that just needs a bezel and the kick plate door attached. Easily my favorite of all my builds. I switched to a flat screen from the old CRT so I lost my ability to use my light gun so if anyone's interested in it let me know sorry for the rambling
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:28 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So I have had a few figures laying around that I intended on painting someday but I had never gotten the nerve up to try. After reading a dozen or so times a post of someone telling me to just do it and reading several great tutorials on here I gave it a go...here is some of the results.

Cheap symbiote figure painted to be Carnage, Cheap Abomination figure (same sculpt as official C3G A-Bomb) painted to be A-Bomb, a cheap Hulk painted to be Red Hulk, some green Adaptoids to be cheap proxies for Uncommon Black Lantern zombies, an Arrowette figure to be Artemis Croc from Young Justice, Adaptoid figures again this time painted Orange for Orange Lantern Stolen Identities, and finally I painted my Mysterio Holographs to separate them from Mysterio.

Actually Finally in the back ground you can see the Mimrig that was modded to be Zelrig. My son was heartbroken when we sold our original Zelrig but we lucked into it and it funded our starting venture into Heroscape. I picked up a couple Mimrig figures with the promise of some day making a Zelrig...Finally did it. I also let him paint a spare Charos that I will post later.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:36 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Meet Argentum...My son just turned 9 and wanted a silver dragon and ended up coincidentally painting him in Raider's colors...he named him after the Latin word for silver.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 31st, 2016, 11:08 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Turned out great japes. Painting isnt too hard once you get the hang of it. Your sons dragon looks good too. I also painted an extra hulk to be my red hulk.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 31st, 2016, 01:31 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool.
I like Black Charos.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 31st, 2016, 07:35 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Looking good japes, nice to see you jump into the mini painting game.
Old January 1st, 2017, 06:32 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Looking good japes, nice to see you jump into the mini painting game.
I'm building up to turning my ironman figures into sentinels. I've managed to find three that match my 12" Ironman that I use for my Mastermold. If I convert the little guys I'll need to do the same to the big guy to match.

Still hunting for one or two more at a decent price so I can do them all at once.

Old February 5th, 2017, 03:44 PM
A Man of Taste

so I found a bag of 100 O-scale minatures for $9.00 and thought I'd experiment to fill out my squads. There were a mixture of sculpts so I was able to do several figures.

There was one female in a jumpsuit so my son demanded that she be made into April O'Neil from the original cartoon. For regular humans they are about the right scale although they are a touch small compared to some clix.

The bottom row is the unpainted sculpts as they came. About 20 are seated figures that I may cut up and use for other customs. Maybe use them for zombies or something. We made a few figures, such as Harry Osborn, which will work as generic civilians or specific figures during scenarios. We have several generic civilians half painted but the plan is to double duty civilians and random comic book character civies.

My favorite is my Purple Man that I painted to match the comic...

You can see how he matches up size wise...

Next up...getting some green stuff and trying to learn more about using that. Plan on adding a holster and flashlight to the cops and then go from there. Maybe use some left over figures as a base to create something new.

EDIT: Sorry for the poor quality of the photos. They actually look way more detailed in person. The lighting makes them look a little flat.

Old February 5th, 2017, 05:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Seems like a good score to me. I would think a slightly smaller figure for common squad humans and/or zombies is just about perfect. Our hero figures are generally on the large side of the human shapes and sizes scale.
Old February 5th, 2017, 06:14 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Seems like a good score to me. I would think a slightly smaller figure for common squad humans and/or zombies is just about perfect. Our hero figures are generally on the large side of the human shapes and sizes scale.
That was my thinking as well. I'm happy with the find. And I've had a blast getting better at painting. A lot less stressful when it's a $0.09 figure. Also the natural color of the plastic is perfect for a Caucasian skin tone.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations