Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old October 16th, 2020, 12:15 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Actually, it is how we intended and as we tested it. I'm not sure that you read the final version that I had been tweaking while you were reading. Somehow I think we were cross typing in real time.

Quote:
DUAL TARGET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
The first target of Dual Target Special Attack must be the only figure engaged with Deathstroke. After attacking with Dual Target Special Attack, you may choose a non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke and attack that chosen figure with Dual Target Special Attack.
With that said, I think we can work with your wording if you like it better:

Quote:
DUAL TARGET SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1 + Special. Attack 4.
If Deathstroke is engaged with only one figure, choose up to 2 figures to attack with Deathstroke's Dual Target Special Attack. The first chosen figure must be the figure engaged with Deathstroke. You may choose 1 other non-adjacent figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Deathstroke. Roll 4 attack dice separately for each chosen figure.
Old October 17th, 2020, 09:21 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

hmmm, yeah what is in your post was definitely not what I read so probably a bit of cross typing. :P

It reads a lot better now, however I just think that the first sentence of your Arcane Bolt version isn't simple to wrap your head around immediately. It is totally correct & specific, but I feel you have to think harder to get it straight in your head than you really should. Granted that once you have it straight it is easy to understand. It feels like when you read double negatives. Once you know what it's not not doing you understand that it is.

I personally think the "If Deathstroke is engaged with only one figure..." reads easier than "... must be the only figure engaged with Deathstroke."

Which one are you know happier reading?
Old October 17th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

I totally agree that the Arcane version has a little head scratcher to it. I think the second version with the "If Deathstroke is engaged with only one figure..." wording is the way to go. I’ve updated the Deathstroke post with that version and it looks the cleanest. Thanks for running through it with me.
Old October 19th, 2020, 09:21 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old October 19th, 2020, 10:52 PM
Captain Underpants

Homerun, baby! 3 Run homer in fact.

Wow, all three of those cards look stellar. Everyone of the Helm boys are thrilled with the way they came out. You are definitely da'man.

(Lil'Helm spied with his little eye... Deathstroke's gun should probably be grey. )

Damn, these three cards all have potential to be in my Top 10 best looking cards of the whole set. I think Starfire and Blackfire have a high bar set in front of them.
Old October 20th, 2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
(Lil'Helm spied with his little eye... Deathstroke's gun should probably be grey. )
Yeah, not sure how I missed that. I have it fixed on the card, if you can delete the card from the gallery I can upload it again.

Cheers
Old October 20th, 2020, 01:37 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Yeah, not sure how I missed that. I have it fixed on the card, if you can delete the card from the gallery I can upload it again.

Cheers
Deathstroke deleted. Thanks.
Old October 20th, 2020, 05:49 PM

Updated.
Old October 25th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Believe it or not, we don't have ANY of those in our current various stages of design. And that's crazy because we have something like 15 new designs going right now...

Gh...
Lo...
Gr... een Lantern Corps
At...
An...
Ca...
Ma...
Ki...
De... athstroke
Jo...
Go...
Ca...
We...
Co...
An...

And then we have the rework designs of Falcon, Psycho-Man, Abe Sapien and Liz Sherman.

So your entire list is a blank canvas ready for brilliance.
Next up...

MARVEL

COLOSSUS

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
PROTECTOR
SELFLESS
MEDIUM 6

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 7

COLOSSAL THROW
After moving and before attacking, choose one unengaged small or medium non-flying figure you control adjacent to Colossus. Throw the chosen figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of Colossus. The figure must land within clear sight of Colossus. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 1 wound. If the figure is thrown onto water, do not roll for throwing damage. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FASTBALL SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 1 + Special
Choose a non-adjacent figure within clear sight of Colossus that is adjacent to a figure that was thrown by Colossus this turn to attack. Add a number of attack dice equal to the attack value on the thrown figure’s Army Card to Colossus’ Fastball Special Attack.

SUPERSTRENGTH

-------------------
Lead Designer: MATT HELM

Last edited by Matt Helm; October 25th, 2020 at 01:25 PM.
Old October 25th, 2020, 01:44 PM
Captain Underpants

So with Colossus coming in with a "throw" type power, it leads me to editing the language on MAGNETO’s power. For some reason I cannot recall, I used the term "toss" instead of "throw" in most of Magneto's power. I say most because somehow my editing skills missed the fact that I used "thrown" in a power that refers to "toss". In the end, if I had to edit it one way or another, I think we might as well go with "Throw" through out. The other powers stay the same but to make it easy for A3n to edit, I think I need to list them all out. Hopefully I didn't make any new typing errors.

------------------------------

HUMAN HATRED
When attacking a Human figure, add 1 to Magneto’s attack dice.

MAGNETIC THROW
When Magneto inflicts at least one wound on a small or medium figure, you may throw the figure by placing it on any empty space within 4 spaces of the figure’s original occupied space. The figure must land within clear sight of Magneto. After the figure is placed, roll the 20-sided die for throwing damage. If you roll an 11 or higher, the thrown figure receives 2 wounds. If the figure is thrown onto a level higher than the height of Magneto or onto water, do not roll for throwing damage. The thrown figure does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Magneto’s movement, ignore elevations. Magneto may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Magneto starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPERSTRENGTH

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 19th, 2020 at 12:30 AM.
Old October 31st, 2020, 08:22 PM
Captain Underpants

Helm Jr. officially submitted his first few applications to college yesterday and today. His college essay included with his app was about how Heroscape, heroscapers.com, and the HelmAverse have shaped his life since he was 4 years old. Here’s hoping some admissions officers have some gaming experience and can appreciate his passion.
Old October 31st, 2020, 09:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wow! That level of name dropping is sure to perk up some ears.

Best of luck to him!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations