Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #13  
Old October 7th, 2020, 06:25 PM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Oh for sure, I was into Malifaux for quite a while and between 2 armies and probably 60 or so paints I was already in several hundred and Malifaux armies are much smaller than AoS. I can slow roll a Slaves to Darkness army now and by the time quarantine has let up and I can play at my game store, I will have an army that's ready to play.
I'm not familiar with Malifaux, what's it like?

That's a good idea. Lots of people start slowly and build an awesome army over time. I would definitely suggest buying the StD battletome, comes with all the rules and lore for your army.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old October 7th, 2020, 07:53 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 173
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

So Malifaux is a bit hard to explain... It is like, steam punk mixed with demons, Chinese mobsters, Bayou Gremlins and magic and it's a tabletop miniatures game not unlike Warhammer except you use a deck of cards instead of rolling dice. You flip dice as damage modifiers or skill modifiers and if you draw the black joker, your turn is effed and the red joker pretty much means success no matter what. The armies are a lot smaller than 40k but bigger than kill team and as sick as the sculpts are they are infamous for being hard to assemble and paint.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old October 8th, 2020, 01:57 PM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
So Malifaux is a bit hard to explain... It is like, steam punk mixed with demons, Chinese mobsters, Bayou Gremlins and magic and it's a tabletop miniatures game not unlike Warhammer except you use a deck of cards instead of rolling dice. You flip dice as damage modifiers or skill modifiers and if you draw the black joker, your turn is effed and the red joker pretty much means success no matter what. The armies are a lot smaller than 40k but bigger than kill team and as sick as the sculpts are they are infamous for being hard to assemble and paint.
Malifaux sounds cool. I like the deck of cards element. That's too bad about the minis. Are they plastic or resin models? Games workshop still has some resin models in their older factions, and they can be a real pain to glue.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old October 8th, 2020, 05:29 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 173
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

They are plastic, it isn't so much the glue sticking as one smaller miniature might have a dozen tiny pieces to cut out of the sprue, at least for second addition. It always felt like it was more complicated than it needed to be. Third edition is out now and I haven't messed with it at all but I want to do the Raputina crew again eventually.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old October 9th, 2020, 01:18 AM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
They are plastic, it isn't so much the glue sticking as one smaller miniature might have a dozen tiny pieces to cut out of the sprue, at least for second addition. It always felt like it was more complicated than it needed to be. Third edition is out now and I haven't messed with it at all but I want to do the Raputina crew again eventually.
Ohh how unfortunate. That sounds extremely annoying. GW models can be annoying to assemble but more so to do with needing to glue pieces to multiple places rather then tiny pieces.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old October 9th, 2020, 02:30 AM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 173
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Yeah the only ones from GW I have worked with are the ones from the Kill Team starter box and those all just snap together.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old October 9th, 2020, 02:06 PM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figure View Post
Yeah the only ones from GW I have worked with are the ones from the Kill Team starter box and those all just snap together.
Ya the clip in models are a breeze. The regular plastic kits are well made don't get me wrong, I much prefer plastic to resin models.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old October 9th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 173
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Why is that? I haven't used resin models but I will when I start 3D printing.

~ Brunaks
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old October 10th, 2020, 12:54 AM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figure View Post
Why is that? I haven't used resin models but I will when I start 3D printing.
So GW's "finecast" models are made of plastic resin. Finecast is notorious for being crap because of how soft or brittle It can be, all the extra crap from the molding that needs to be removed, and how poor the casting can be. Sometimes it even has a hard time gluing. Plastic is 1000 times better.

This is however specifically referring to finecast resin used by GW. I've been told that other resin models from different miniatures companies are wayyyyy better than finecast. Luckily GW is almost all plastic kits now, except for some old kits.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old October 10th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Figure's Avatar
Figure Figure is offline
 
Join Date: May 10, 2008
Location: USA-Moscow-Idaho
Posts: 173
Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Oh that's a shame, at least it's gotten better though, GW is too good of a company for that. I'll have to look more closely into the resin I buy for printing thought as I didn't realize that could be an issue.

~ Brunaks
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old October 11th, 2020, 01:09 AM
HEROSCAPERMTL HEROSCAPERMTL is offline
 
Join Date: March 14, 2017
Location: Canada - QC- Montreal
Posts: 142
HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Warhammer: Age of Sigmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figure View Post
Oh that's a shame, at least it's gotten better though, GW is too good of a company for that. I'll have to look more closely into the resin I buy for printing thought as I didn't realize that could be an issue.
Ya thankfully most of GW's models now are plastic. I love the plastic kits. Look into it, but don't stress I've heard of good quality 3d printed resin models.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WARHAMMER 40k miniandmee7 Other Miniatures 284 June 12th, 2016 08:57 PM
Warhammer 40k miniandmee7 Other Miniatures 2 March 14th, 2008 12:10 AM
Warhammer Star Wolf Other Games 2 October 15th, 2007 03:54 PM
Warhammer TyG17 Other Miniatures 21 January 31st, 2007 04:37 PM
Warhammer 40K KeeperOfPeace General 9 May 18th, 2006 08:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.

Heroscape background footer

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.