Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 26th, 2007, 09:31 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSisforcoolkids
Your rock work is awesome and I have always been a fan of you orc tower and have looked at it often in admiration.
Thanks! So, have you made a tower yet?
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:59 AM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Cool stuff, RS--especially the tower. Also the black wash just makes the castle set look better.
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:57 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
I don't really have any original compliments to bestow on you, but suffice it to say that everything pictured so far is awesome. My favorite is the guard tower with the wooden ladder.
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:33 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Nice stuff. Thise rocks look amazing. And I like your albino Carr.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:07 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Marro Bone Structure

My latest project is a Marro bone structure. Mostly it is for decoration, but I thought that it could also be used as a permanent glyph. If a Marro warrior is on the center hex, a bonus could be applied to the cloning ablility, or to the Hive Supremecy. Anyway . . . here is a tutorial.

I started by carving the bone shapes out of styro.

Then they got a good coating of a paint/glue/flour mixture. I wanted some of the texture of the styro to show through.

Then I drilled some holes for screws in the bottom of a 7 hex tile.

I glued the bones to the screws. After they dried, I used some of the left over bits of styro to build up the base of the bones. I wanted it to look like the flesh around a tusk or horn.

The bases then got a good coat of the paint/glue/flour mixture.

Painted everything black.

Drybrushed the hex base and the bone bases.

Then I painted the bones with a solid brown undercoat.

Next, the bones got a drybrush coat of flesh. The bone bases got a drybrush of dark red. And the hex got a drybrush coat of flesh.

Then the bones for a light drybrush of cream.

Last I added a real light drybrush coat of white to the bones, a little bit of watered down yellow to the bone bases and a touch of brighter red to the parts that stuck out the most.

And here is the final piece on display with some Marro figures!

Old August 1st, 2007, 11:11 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Very nice custom piece, Shieldcrusher, and a great tutorial.
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:37 AM

Thanks!
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:40 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Cool'

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:01 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Awesomeness. Btw, August is the 8th month of the year.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Awesomeness. Btw, August is the 8th month of the year.
Doh!
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:30 PM

redic_rogue_07 has disabled reputation
looks great im gonna have to try this.
Old August 1st, 2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redic_rogue_07
looks great im gonna have to try this.
It wasn't too difficult. The hardest part was carving the bones. It only took two days, and maybe a total of 3 hours. I used a hair dryer inbetween coats of paint to speed things up a bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles