Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 26th, 2006, 10:54 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'm using zippies also. And the thing about having no real bent figures, yea nevermind. I got a ton. I'm gonna try that water thing tonight and get in a game....with myself if I have to.
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie
... but I want to get the Plano trays like the guy on BGG has set up (don't know if you've seen that).
Is this the image from BGG.com you're referencing?

CLICK HERE.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Chameleon has disabled reputation
Looks like a neat game, but you have to paint the figures. I'm not much of a painter.
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM

Dreaded Gazebo has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon
Looks like a neat game, but you have to paint the figures. I'm not much of a painter.
You don't have to. I'm enjoying the game just fine with unpainted minis
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
I just got to open up mine yesterday and, like all of you, am impressed with the contents. I too have quite a few bent figures, but the boiling water trick should take care of them. I've already ordered my Earth Elemental and I'm trying to plow through the rulebook while play with my son and his pile of new toys. Hopefully I can get in the Agincourt game sometime this week and get a regular schedule going. Looks very cool!

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Gazebo
Quote:
I agree. I don't even want to think about painting these figs. I have enough trouble doing simple repaints of HS sized figs. I have no problem playing with the figs as is. I never had any desire to paint my MM44 figs either. Of course, I've seen some sets that have been painted and they look great, but I'm more interested in playing a good game.
Old December 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith
Here's how I organized things, if anyone cares. I put all similar figures in the same baggie along with the appropriate banner. Most units fit inside snack size baggies, while only a few required sandwich size. Now all of the units fit nicely inside the box, no squishing, and room to spare for new troops and monsters. I know some people have also gotten rid of the bottom tray, but I'll hang onto to that at least for now. But based on my experience with MM44, I assume that too will go at some point.
jb,
I'm using the ziplocs right now too but I want to get the Plano trays like the guy on BGG has set up (don't know if you've seen that). There just really hard to find.
Yes, I've seen those. I imagine that DOW will eventually release a "big box" for the Battlelore stuff much like the highly anticipated "big box" that is due to come out for MM44 at some point...soon...maybe...I hope!
Old December 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Gazebo
Quote:
Yah. The game system and mechanics are the best part. I don't plan on painting my minis either, but that won't stop me from enjoying the game.
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:03 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Lots of bent figs here.

And a tip (after having tried the hot water trick) - boil up some water, drop the figures into the bowl of boiling water, and LEAVE FOR AT LEAST A MINUTE. Take out (using something to avoid scalding your hands), straighten (if necessary, then drop into a bowl of iced water FOR AT LEAST A MINUTE.

If you just heat the figures for a few seconds, sure they become malleable and can be cooled in an upright pose - but over a few hours, they revert to their "bent" position. I'll spare you the hows and whys, but you need to let the figures get hot for more than a few seconds before straightening them to cancel out their "memory" of the bent pose.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old December 26th, 2006, 11:55 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Thanks for the tip. I'll try your method.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old December 27th, 2006, 07:23 AM
THE Ungrateful Whorebath

cbs42 knows what's in an order marker cbs42 knows what's in an order marker
I posted this link on the BattleLoreMaster.com site, but I wanted to repeat it here because it's simply golden. You'll have to be familiar with the Bud Light "Real Men of Genius" ad series for this to really get you laughing.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklis...808#item352808

Old December 28th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Anyone picking up a second box set when they release the Epic rules (3+ players...)? I love how they printed one side of the mapboard with Epic games in mind.

I've been perusing the rulebook and really like how the game can be played in basic or advanced mode. Great stuff and can't wait to get some games in (other than the learning games).

Newb.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games