Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old December 26th, 2010, 09:55 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Speedy (Mia Dearden)

The Book of Speedy (Mia Dearden)

C3G DC WAVE 15
REMEMBER THE TITANS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its number and name are #031-033 / Speedy.
Mia was a fallen teenage prostitute saved by Green Arrow. To save her from the streets, Green Arrow took her in as his ward. Mia eventually came across his longbow, which prompted Green Arrow to offer her training in the use of the longbow. From there on, Mia officially became his sidekick, though she had not yet taken on the name of Speedy.
However in 2004, it was revealed that she had become HIV-positive in light of her prostitution. Ollie takes this news hard and forbids her to fight crime anymore, even to the point when he is surrounded and saved by her, he tells her to hang up her cape. Even so, Mia convinces Green Arrow to let her become Speedy.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • As a Sidekick, Speedy can stop Talia Al Ghul from attacking via her Divided Loyalty special power.
Weaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips--Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: png
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:58 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Speedy (Mia) - Design Phase

NAME = SPEEDY
SECRET IDENTITY = MIA DEARDEN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = DETERMINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 80

DIAMOND TIP ARROWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 2.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. If you roll a skull on every die, the chosen figure cannot roll any defense dice.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

DELICATE HEALTH
At the end of each round, if this card has any Wound Markers on it, roll an unblockable attack die against Speedy.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Ronin; March 26th, 2021 at 08:51 AM.
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Trick Arrows SA borrows too heavily from Rechets of Bogdan. I think it's fine to end it after the no defense dice part and cut the destroy automatically part. If she rolls 3 skulls against Superman, her landing 3 auto wounds on him is enough. An auto-destroy there is unbalaned, IMO.
For Delicate Health, you should make the negative aspect of the roll hit on a low roll, not a high one. So 12 or lower, rather than 8 or higher.
Other than that, she looks good. I think she may still be worth more than 110 with these changes, but they'll help a lot.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 26th, 2010, 04:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Looks good Whitey. I totally agree with bats about removing the auto destroy from Trick Arrows, & the low roll for delicate health.

Cheers
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Agreeing with Bats and A3n.
Old December 26th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I agree with Bats, A3n and Griff.

I know who Flash's and Professor Zoom's first target is going to be, and Harley isn't going to like that either. But the balancing thing is her lower defense vs. ranged attacks, as well as her possibility for taking an extra wound anytime she takes a wound. So it seems like she has to be played carefully, and she still has to roll the 3 skulls and unlike the Recchets, she can't fly and have as huge a threat range as Iskra's move + placing Recchets up to 6 spaces away + their move x 3 Recchets having a chance of rolling 3 skulls and auto-killing.

Looks good Whitey. I have some pictures of her floating around somewhere from the summer, (similar lighting as Strong Guy in fact as it was the same photo shoot), so I'll dig those up and post them when I can.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 26th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Found the pix of Speedy (wasn't that speedy? ) Sorry about the lighting, as that photo shoot was around the time the sun was getting down to the horizon. I had limited time and was racing to beat the sun.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...figures062.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...figures063.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...figures064.jpg

Old December 26th, 2010, 09:06 PM
C3G Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
For Delicate Health, you should make the negative aspect of the roll hit on a low roll, not a high one. So 12 or lower, rather than 8 or higher.
That's a can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Other than that, she looks good. I think she may still be worth more than 110 with these changes, but they'll help a lot.
I'm hoping to keep her cost down as she won't last long in a fight... But if her points have to go up or down, then that's what'll happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman and others View Post
Trick Arrows SA borrows too heavily from Rechets of Bogdan. I think it's fine to end it after the no defense dice part and cut the destroy automatically part. If she rolls 3 skulls against Superman, her landing 3 auto wounds on him is enough. An auto-destroy there is unbalaned, IMO.
I'll give my argument for keeping the auto-kill; give you some time for you to think about it and then if you all still feel that it is too much, I'll remove it...
The auto-kill aspect is the dangling carrot to draft her. I feel like her fragility in terms of 4 life with Delicate Health is a big negative that the auto-kill possibility, which is not easily done, helps to off-set.
I also think the auto-kill fits thematically. If Superman was shot with a krypton-tipped arrow in the eye, I think he'd go down in one shot.
I can think of only 3 other supers with an auto-kill; Red Skull (19 or higher on a d20), Arkillo (20 or higher on a d20) and Elektra (after wounding, 17 or higher on a d20). We've never done an auto-kill that works with just normal dice. I think it is a 12.5% chance of getting a three skull attack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I know who Flash's and Professor Zoom's first target is going to be, and Harley isn't going to like that either. But the balancing thing is her lower defense vs. ranged attacks, as well as her possibility for taking an extra wound anytime she takes a wound. So it seems like she has to be played carefully, and she still has to roll the 3 skulls and unlike the Recchets, she can't fly and have as huge a threat range as Iskra's move + placing Recchets up to 6 spaces away + their move x 3 Recchets having a chance of rolling 3 skulls and auto-killing.
All good reasons to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Looks good Whitey. I have some pictures of her floating around somewhere from the summer, (similar lighting as Strong Guy in fact as it was the same photo shoot), so I'll dig those up and post them when I can.
Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by whitestuff; December 26th, 2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Prickly Cactus

The ironic thing about this auto-kill, is that I just got into a rather unfortunate discussion where I let myself get too passionate so to speak regarding Classic Scape and playtesting those auto-kill units for C3G testing. Part of the argument on my part was in having low pointed figures be able to auto-kill Supes, Thor, Darkseid etc.

You forgot to list Darkseid as another insta-kill unit we have.

Elektra at 170 points has to wound a figure and then roll 17+ to insta-kill a figure without Super Strength.

Redskull is 190 points and most of the time going to be sitting back directing things.

Arkillo is 310 points and has to burn a marker to have a chance for insta-kill.

Darkseid is 380 points and risks taking a wound if he inflicts a wound with Omega Effect, and then needs to roll 19+ to insta-kill a figure.

Rolling 3 skulls with 3 dice happens quite a bit for me actually. The main thing for her is to live long enough to use this power, as she has to get fairly close. She becomes a top target for an opponent, while someone else much more powerful may run lose unchecked until Speedy is killed. If she's teamed up with squaddies, she can use them as a screen to get free shots. If she's teamed with say Blob and someone that can either throw him into an opponent or throw the opponent into him, Speedy can get free pop shots. But again, an opponent can focus on her and take her out of the equation.

I guess a concern would be her swinginess. She could be taken out early in half the tests but then insta-kill a 200-400 point figures in each of the other half of the tests. At that point, how do we price her?

I'm still on the fence. She's fragile for sure, but has such super powerful potential with the right teammates.

Edit: Harley has much better survivability and Insane bonding to get free moves to use Smilex Bomb that can affect a lot of figures with a Special Attack of 6, even through walls and 100 levels up, and has a chance to remove OM's. She has quite the killing potential, but do we think it's better or worse than insta-kill for Speedy.

Last edited by Hahma; December 26th, 2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think the potential to put 3 unblockable wounds on a big shot in one attack is plenty of carrot without her cost having to go way up and her being a glass jawed one trick pony.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 27th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Exactly how I feel Bats.

The auto kill as is, must unfortunately remain a :death_no: from me.
Old December 27th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like no insta-kill. Though being able to take Supes down to nearly half life without him even rolling defense would make her already worth nearly double her points. Also, a figure with only three lives left would be insta-killed.

Besides that, she has a range of 8 to help keep her and her defense goes up to basically 6 when engaged, while her attack goes up to like 5.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library