Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old October 16th, 2016, 09:55 AM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart
Frontiersmen

When you live among people who dislike fantasy, you gotta use gritty, realistic figures and backgrounds for them to play with you.

These guys are from the Alamo, but they look Frontiersmen-like enough for me.
Frontiersmen

1 Life
4 Move
9 Range
2 Attack
1 Defense
Medium 5

Specials:
Outdoorsman: When moving, this figure does not have to stop on water tiles, and as long as elevation does not exceed 5 they do not have to count for elevation.
Long Rifle Special Attack: If Frontisermen did not move this turn, add 2 Attack dice to any attack roll.
Hatchet Special Attack: When attacking an adjacent target, add 2 Attack dice to any attack roll.

Originally, I was going to make them Common Heroes, but maybe Common Squads of 2 would work as well. They only have 4 Move, but with the Outdoorsman special ability they can traverse and navigate rough terrain. Running and gunning does not suit these sharpshooters, so you won't get much use out of them until you let them line up their shots. Assuming someone else makes it to high ground before them, they can engage in shock melee combat with their hatchets.

They're irregular frontiersman: rangers living in the untamed and mostly unexplored American West, highly sought after for their knowledge of the terrain. Hard living on the frontier has made these men capable combatants as well, and they use their hunting rifles to pick off targets, and fight in close quarters with their hatchets they brought from home.

Get these men where they need to be, and let them pick off targets from afar.

[hr]

For reference, I have considered finding the 10 Regiment of Foot and the 4th Massachusetts Line (make some card alterations) to use as the army backbones. Will try to find some cannons and mortars to use to. Not sure how crowded it will be if I try to find cavalry.
Old October 16th, 2016, 06:42 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Frontiersmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Long Rifle Special Attack: If Frontisermen did not move this turn, add 2 Attack dice to any attack roll.
Hatchet Special Attack: When attacking an adjacent target, add 2 Attack dice to any attack roll.
Might be worth noting whether these two are exclusive, or specify that Long Rifle Special Attack applies to ranged attack rolls (same result); I think adding four dice to attack when attacking an adjacent target if they didn't move may be excessive.
Old October 16th, 2016, 08:04 PM

TJByrum is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJByrum View Post
Might be worth noting whether these two are exclusive, or specify that Long Rifle Special Attack applies to ranged attack rolls (same result); I think adding four dice to attack when attacking an adjacent target if they didn't move may be excessive.
Well if it's melee, you use the Hatchet, and if it's ranged you would use the Long Rifle; they would not be able to stack; you could not use both at once.

Of course, I know you knew that already, and I totally understand how it would cause confusion, so thanks for pointing that out!
Old October 16th, 2016, 09:50 PM

CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker CJofCourse knows what's in an order marker

Cool Custom! Lemme help you out a little bit, remove Special Attack from both powers and you've got a valid custom, give Hatchet the Sword of Reckoning Treatment
Spoiler Alert!

I'd rename it Hatchet 2 to be more in line with HS, and this way it doesn't loophole itself around Counterstrike and other powers not triggered by Special Attack.

I'd also copy-paste Wait then Fire from the 4th Mass and do this* to it.

*WAIT THEN FIRE 2:
If none of the Frontiersmen move this turn, add 2 dice to their attack when attacking non-adjacent figures.

I added in the text in red to clarify that Hatchet and this power don't stack.

And would I be incorrect in assuming this is your first custom?

~CJ, trying to be helpful without being "that guy".

EDIT: And perhaps an admin/mod could move this to Custom Army Cards?

-------------------------
Join our HeroScape discord! https://discord.gg/DXRaqvn
Talk about everything heroscape, or just hang out!
Old April 5th, 2017, 06:33 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

O.O 1 Life, 1 Defense? They're gonna die so dang fast... Also, I get that they're Mountain Men and all, but Outdoorsman is nuts. What's the theme for them being that good at scrambling up mountains and crossing water? Mountain Men or not, they aren't Assassins lol

And @dok , @LilNewbie for the relocation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions