Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla
Architects of the Realms of Valhalla Discussion and presentation of the maps approved by the ARV.

Notices

Old June 1st, 2017, 07:34 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Welcome to the ARV!

Well said mr. Frog. Well said.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 2nd, 2017, 01:52 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Yes, it is more friendly, but for every player like that there's a player like Leaf_It and myself that like the C3V Glyphs and what they can bring to a map.
Honestly, I'm with you. I do enjoy the C3V glyphs, having played with them a few times in online tourneys, and personally I totally recommend them. It's just the whole "official" thing that we're backing away from, and thus disallowing them as power-side up glyphs.
Quote:
I've heard the use of these maps at Gencon for being a reason not to allow C3V Glyphs, and while I understand that, it's also my understanding that Gencon only uses maps of a certain size (which could eliminate some maps with or without C3V Glyphs anyways).
Yeah, making our maps more available for a GenCon audience is another reason. I wasn't aware of the map size limitation they use. I'm also unsure of whether GenCon uses uncapped fortress pillar maps or not, which we allow in our contests. But our GenCon audience isn't the only one we're trying to appeal to, and as I said, there are other reasons that influenced our decision.
Quote:
Now, I know this was brought to your guys' attention because of my use of the Glyph of Zawit on one of my map submissions. I sincerely hope this won't count against me as the notes state it's optional.
It shouldn't hurt your map at all! At least it didn't when I scored it, and going off of what discussion has been going on between us judges, I don't think it's affected their judgments either. So no worries!
Quote:
That's my . I understand if y'all don't want to allow them. Thanks for working hard to bring more quality maps to the table.
Thanks for sharing your cents with us! We welcome any feedback we can get. And thank you (and all the other awesome mapmakers) for sharing your maps with us in our contests - it's a great way to get more new maps out there for the community to enjoy!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 22nd, 2017, 02:06 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't notice a general thread for discussions so I hope this is OK. I have an idea for a challenge for you guys. Here is the basics of my motivation in the hopes that you will understand my desire.

My 9 year old son LOVES heroscape and tries to convince every friend that visits that it's the best game ever. He has a friend that seems to be very interested but since we are the only people with heroscape terrain in our circle my son wants to give away some terrain. He recently used his money to buy a good sized bundle that he found here with the intention of giving some of it away. Our idea is to give away a portion of a RotV set along with a few pieces of a fortress set, some custom Jungle bushes, and maybe a custom rock outcrop or two. However we want to create a map book with five or so unique maps that are fun to play with. If it goes over well he'll likely create another set for his other best friend.

Grass
24 hex x 2-3
7 hex x 2
3 hex x 2
2 hex x 2
1 hex x6

Rock
24 hex x1
7 hex x1
3 hex x1
2 hex x1
1 hex x2

sand
7 hex x1
3 hex x1
2 hex x1
1 hex x2

Water 8-10

Castle walls 4
Castle/road tiles 6
battlements 12
ladder 10

Jungle bushes x2-4

Single Spaced outcrops x2-4

Of course not every map needs to use all these pieces and if they use less all the better. If we can trim the donation list all the better.

If this is an unwanted solicitation feel free to let me know and I will gladly delete this. I've just always amazed at the great maps that come from you contest and I'm sure someone can come up with some great playing maps from a limited supply.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:28 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

@japes thanks for the suggestion. As for the scope of the ARV this isn't quite what we are about. Half set maps would be very difficult to create Competitive and balanced maps and a contest would bring fun and interesting maps but likely nothing a tournament director would bring to a Competitve tourney. BUT with that said, there's no reason you can't contact some of the map builders you've seen or liked and ask them to build a few maps for you, I'm sure many would be willing. My map thread has scraps maps I've designed, but if those don't fit the bill, I could probably take some time to throw together a map or two for you.

And yes, this is the right place for General discussion.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:33 AM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

While I'm thinking about it, let us know if the dice bowl arrived safe and sound @Nomad and how you like it?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
@japes thanks for the suggestion. As for the scope of the ARV this isn't quite what we are about. Half set maps would be very difficult to create Competitive and balanced maps and a contest would bring fun and interesting maps but likely nothing a tournament director would bring to a Competitve tourney. BUT with that said, there's no reason you can't contact some of the map builders you've seen or liked and ask them to build a few maps for you, I'm sure many would be willing. My map thread has scraps maps I've designed, but if those don't fit the bill, I could probably take some time to throw together a map or two for you.

And yes, this is the right place for General discussion.
That's more or less what I had assumed. For what it's worth I did remember a few tournaments long ago that were based on scraps and at least one based off of 1/2 RotV sets but I couldn't find the info. It was probably from the old thread. Thanks though.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:57 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have an answer question.

Quote:
Classification of Heroscape sets:
  • Master Sets. One of the following may be used as a master set:
    • Rise of the Valkyrie
    • Swarm of the Marro
    • D&D: Battle for the Underdark
    • Marvel: The Conflict Begins
  • Expansions: Up to 2 of the following may be used:
    • Road To The Forgotten Forest
    • Volcarren Wasteland
    • Thaelenk Tundra
    • Fortress of the Archkyrie
    • Ticalla Jungle
  • Hybrid Master Sets: One of the following may be used in place of 1 expansion:
    • Swarm of the Marro (Except when also used as a master set.)
Does tThis means using two D&D or Marvel sets and one expansion is acceptable.?

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Last edited by Dr.Goomonkey; July 2nd, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: It must mean that.
Old July 2nd, 2017, 07:10 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
I have an answer question.

Quote:
Classification of Heroscape sets:
  • Master Sets. One of the following may be used as a master set:
    • Rise of the Valkyrie
    • Swarm of the Marro
  • Expansions: Up to 2 of the following may be used:
    • Road To The Forgotten Forest
    • Volcarren Wasteland
    • Thaelenk Tundra
    • Fortress of the Archkyrie
    • Ticalla Jungle
  • Hybrid Master Sets: One of the following may be used in place of 1 expansion:
    • Swarm of the Marro (Except when also used as a master set.)
Does tThis means using two D&D or Marvel sets and one expansion is acceptable.?
Correct.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old October 16th, 2017, 08:45 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Does the Marvel Warehouse need to use the top level?
Old October 16th, 2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
No. And in fact I think we'd prefer it didn't in order to keep flying from having too much of an advantage.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old October 17th, 2017, 05:38 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
No. And in fact I think we'd prefer it didn't in order to keep flying from having too much of an advantage.
I believe a reason he might be asking this is because Virualscape doesn't have the option to remove the second level from the ruins. If this is the case, it would be best to build the map in real life, and upload a picture of it that way. In the build instructions, just include a bit in the description that tells people not to use the second floor when building it.
Old October 17th, 2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I believe a reason he might be asking this is because Virualscape doesn't have the option to remove the second level from the ruins. If this is the case, it would be best to build the map in real life, and upload a picture of it that way. In the build instructions, just include a bit in the description that tells people not to use the second floor when building it.
Oh I see. Yeah that might be the best option. I thought you could have it without he top though. Doesn't the map Mayberry use Marvel and not show the top?

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios > Architects of the Realms of Valhalla