Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 1st, 2018, 07:15 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Revised the map, as it was a bit unstable at the center. I added a few other things . . .

Shurrak, Othkurik, Frost Giant, Werewolf Lord,
Torin, Mogrimm, Migol, Alastair,
Sir Denrick, Mindflayer, Pulverizer, Estivara

Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:46 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Last game before she leaves:

My wife and I
vs.

My Granddaughter & Friend

Drafting . . .

Our Army

Their Army

Othkurik Attacks
(from Shadow with height)

We did not finish, but next time . . .

Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool. Great pics.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 08:42 PM

Well met!

Just wanted to emphasize how clueless I was going in about how the girls took to the game, my granddaughter and one of her friends especially, and am about how things will go next time (spring break at the soonest). My wife has not been a fan, but gamely played last, and said afterwards that she'd have to start reading the cards in anticipation of our granddaughter's next visit.

Last night's a game was an exercise in threat assessment as, once on the castle walk/road spaces, a figure could threaten most of the critical parts of the map. I inadvertently gave our (my wife and I) opponents an advantage in the draft, as the position of the winner of Initiative gave them the first two picks. We went ahead early when they played Shurrak too aggressively. As I said before, we didn't finish, but we were in a good position in the end.

Old July 10th, 2018, 01:12 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Tomorrow's Sherman Davies Scape will feature two games. The first will use his team Order Marker Rules for DC Comics Good Vs Evil, using his own custom Supers cards. The second game will be 500 points and ten spaces, with Classic, Custom, and Supers all allowed. I'll be building his custom Batcave map. The new guy from last time will be joining us, as will his girl friend, whom we have yet to meet. If you are in or near NYC, come join us too!

I just finished spending three days painting up the 40 minis from my brand new boardgame Big Trouble In Little China. This is a new design by Everything Epic. Three of us had a great time playing for the first time on July 4th. We may play after Scaping, and I have two Saturday dates reserved here for the game as well.

Last edited by chas; July 11th, 2018 at 07:58 AM.
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:05 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had three great games run by Sheman Davies. My second (and third game) army used his Supers: Jessie Quick, Black Lightening, and Scarecrow. JQ was amazing (and also lucky with the dice), BL good, and chancy/inexpensive Scarecrow messed up Cyprien Eisenwen, and got an autokill on a Black Wrymling! Nice. We changed player teams each game, and I think I was on the winning side each time!

Afterscape I played my second game of brand new Big Trouble in Little China, which was our first win here at 11:30 PM with me, Sherman Davies, and a local pal! Tired but happy, we ended a full day of good gaming.
Old July 13th, 2018, 01:41 PM

Well met!

"Had three great games run by Sheman Davies. My second (and third game) army used his Supers: Jessie Quick, Black Lightening, and Scarecrow. JQ was amazing (and also lucky with the dice), BL good, and chancy/inexpensive Scarecrow messed up Cyprien Eisenwen, and got an autokill on a Black Wrymling! Nice. We changed player teams each game, and I think I was on the winning side each time!" ~ chas

Jessie Quick won all her games for whomever fielded her.

On another note, my new figures (Cormin the Dark, Prince Al'Kahora, Jarek Guy, and Viceron the Blood Knight) have all arrived! Islandscape armies revised accordingly.

Old July 13th, 2018, 04:02 PM

I chose Jessie Quick for my Game Two army, and fielded her in the second and third games. She was not in the first game. Although she was a special card made by Sherman Davies for IshMel (which I didn't realize when I picked her), I was going with a theme of CW TV Supers, except for Scarecrow. JQ has been a guest star on Flash, and Black Lightening on his own show. I had not played either before.

Shermy has also designed a card or two for me, such as Sabra and Validus.
Old July 14th, 2018, 10:39 AM

ISLANDSCAPE, our friendly local neighborhood Scape Tournament held out on Long Island in Nassau County, is coming up in a week on Sunday July 22. Although Shermy can't make it, the other three of us will be there.

So if you are interested, check it out on the Events thread here onsite. Its a small friendly gathering with trophies, prizes, and cake!
Old July 16th, 2018, 01:29 PM

Well met!

For my next Hosting (in September):

Visceral Enmity

The Map. Grutsbane Pass. The Glyphs shall be replaced by Shadow.

Armies. Bi-pedal, non-flying, Unique (not Uncommon) heroes only, snake draft (online the week before game day). Classic/C3V only, except Kha is allowed. Valhalla Society only (no guns). Total points may not exceed 750 per player (4 players) or 500 per player (6 players).

Play. 2 games.

1st game: Team game (teams determined after draft, on game day).

2nd game: Team game (teams determined after draft). New snake draft from all units in 1st game (after 1st game).

Victory Conditions. After 10 Rounds:

1 VP per unit killed.

1 VP per unit remaining.

P.S.: Changed to allow for possible 6 player game.

Last edited by kolakoski; July 17th, 2018 at 03:48 PM.
Old July 17th, 2018, 07:15 PM

Well met!

I forgot until now that I had indicated to Flash_19 that I would use his The Walls at Kallingway in my next Hosting. I begged his forgiveness on his map thread.

Even now, I am torn. What do you all think I should do?

Old July 22nd, 2018, 06:54 AM

ISLANDSCAPE TODAY!

Sadly, it seems that only I will represent the group at our annual local convention this year. I shall do so with honor.

Let us salute the fallen:

*Kolakoski: Going to Karate Camp

*Taeblewalker: Going to Florida

*Sherman Davies: Going to Work

(Special thanks to IshMel for the ride out to Nassau County)

Our next regular game will be Sensational Squadscape here in Brooklyn on Wednesday, August 15, run by me.

Chas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion