Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old May 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
IMO, calling somebody a ***** is more of a personal attack than making a general statement so fantastic that it could never happen IRL!!!

However, calling somebody a ***** w/a picture and a smile on your face I did not find offensive and neither did Imax, apparently.

Hey, I got to say that 2 times!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
ultradoug

I'm disapointed all this talk about calling people *****'s and not a single
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
On topic: The best thing about the Ignore button is that when you see a post from an offending person, it just has their name. So, the way my mind works, it's like: "More drivel from the person whose opinion does not matter one whit to me in the first place."

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I don't have any ill will towards Imax at all! It is merely playfull banter. I am sorry, I thought that was obvious.

Bannister

PS. Imax is "Man Genius"

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
I thought the thread was funny, and the cute opinion of the ***** Ignorers too, and then IMax rears up and drops a complete personal attack!
Could you tell me who, exactly, I personally attacked? I don't remember. I may have been ignoring myself. Because if I dropped a complete personal attack, wouldn't it have to be against a person? And if it is against a person, which person is it? And if it's not against a specific person, how is it personal?

Because I'm confused, I could use your explanation. That would clear it right up for me.

That, or you could just ignore me. That button is like a miracle cure!

Oh, and yeah, Bannister and I were totally just ribbing each other. It was funny. I thought I said that.

Wait - did you think I was attacking Bannister with the halfwit thing?

Wait again - did you take the halfwit thing to mean I was talking about you? Let me put that to rest - I was not. I do not think you are a neanderthal, or a half-wit, or a mouthbreather.

One more edit - would it make it easier for you to gun for me if I put a target on my avatar?

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonslayer
Dragonslayer
I'm in heaven! I can finally ignore my own posts
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
Is cupidsart saying anything important or interesting? I can't tell.

J/K

Bannister

Well I have been thinking it over and I will say something important. Even if I did want to Ignore I don't think that I could. Yes it would be great but what would happen If I run another "Guess" or "Custom" contest and the person that I've ignored enters. Would I know?

It is very safe to say that for some the ignore button can be a very unfair thing. Yes I said unfair, and by that I mean what if the so said "Ignorant" party just isn't catching on. certainly that person would feel a bit of anger/hostility towards the site, right?

I do agree that the ignore button can be a friend but it can also be an enemy to many. Let's say that the said "Ignorant" idiot finally catches on and begins to truly contribute to the site. This person comes up with some real and brilliant ideas for house rules or new abilities, the Ignor-er will now miss out on that (well until someone quotes it).

All I'm saying is (like others) watch who you ignore. Don't go off on a fit just because you feel (at that moment) "This person is on my nerves, and now they're on my ignore list". I learned the value of the Ignore button while I played. I also learned about the pain caused when someone is ignored (long story). Just be carefull, it's not a toy.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 15th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
I have a couple of concerns about the ignore button. First of all are the ways people could get around it. Sure, Citizen X cannot see Citizen Y, but as someone else mentioned, what happens when Citizen Z quotes Citizen Y? What happens when people realize this and start making multis to get to people who are ignoring them? But worse are the effects it could have on dialogue. Ignoring could lead to multiple people asking the same questions on a thread where their question has already been answered. Heck, they do it already. Imagine how much worse it could get. I dunno. Ignore is a neat idea, and God knows I should have walked away from trolls plenty of times in the past, but I wonder if mods who rule with iron fists (which it happily appears you are going to be)couldn't accomplish the same thing? I'd hate to see commonly-used threads (like sightings threads) become strange and oddly repetitive due to ignoring.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBistro and CupidsArt both
MrBistro and CupidsArt
It's like a white noise machine! All I hear is the surf gently washing on the sand! But that could be my broken speakers.

(totally kidding, I haven't used the ignore button yet, I even agree with a lot of what you said, but if someone really gets me angry, I'm ignoring them)

Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Say again?

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I read it pretty clearly, that you just had referred to someone calling you a ***** (which, unless we're in Delusion-Land, means you were referring to Bannister) and then you said
Quote:
and anyone who wants can call me a ***** for it. And then they can bite me, because I don't really give a flying rat's backside if anyone thinks I'm less of a man because I don't want to read some neanderthal halfwit prattling on and deliberately goading, thereby making me wish I could reach through the screen and choke him.
So after re-reading it very carefully, I guess the English language could be construed to indicate that IMax was calling this generic troll a neanderthal praddling halfwit, but in normal English reading, it seems pretty clear to be personally attacking Bannister.

Glad to hear you weren't, IMax.

I think this is a great time to take this opportunity to have the mods clear up what is and what isn't acceptable, though:

truth (and others) - where are you going to draw the line on personal attacks?
If you think they won't happen here, I don't hold your optimism.

How about a verdict on these hypothetical situations?

1) IF BAnnister think s that anyone who uses the Ignore button is a *****, is that a personal attack on IMax because he mentioned using the Ignore button on Bannister?

2) If IMax calls Bannister a "neanderthal halfwit prattling", is that not a personal attack?

And are personal attacks allowed? Isn't that what leads to "Flaming"?
Old May 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Man Genius

Someone give Reaper a banhammer, he's itching to whack somebody! Give him a banhammer and he'll look like Super Mario when he grabs the magic hammer, and the music gets all fast and he just spins around and whacks things like crazy.

Bannister, you and I are going to have to start our own site soon, since we can't help but make personal attacks against each other. We're going to be the first to fall prey to Reaper's Banhammer of Justice. We'll just be lying on the side of the road, all flattened and banned, and have to waddle away on little smashed legs to start guyswhogotwhackedfromscapers.com.

Reaper, somehow everyone else managed to read that without thinking I was talking about Bannister. Maybe you are just looking for a reason to try to get me banned? I can't think why, though. It's not like you to hold a grudge.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online