Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Do you prefer large scale battles or small?
Large battle that takes days to complete 13 13.27%
Large battles that complete in one day 34 34.69%
Small battles that take a couple hours 50 51.02%
I dont battle, I run for cover 1 1.02%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 31st, 2007, 11:28 AM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Big maps vs. small maps. and Heroscapes original intent.

I don't post all that often, and I prefer to lurk mostly, but I have a question that has been bugging me for some time now.

When I first started playing HS, I imagined a "Battle for all Time!!!" in which huge massive armies went up against each other. In my vision, I see several days to even play the type of battles I imagined.
The whole design of HS seems to support this and it is my belief that HS was originally meant to be played along those lines.

Now I know that money constraints as well as time are a big factor for the popularity of smaller maps. Tourneys are the same, and small maps make sense. Now I LOVE the big maps, and have a hard time playing on small maps. Has the original intent of the game been lost? Was that the original intent? I would love to hear the communitys' thoughts on this.

If this has been discussed, I apologize, but I was away from this site for a while.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion