Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:47 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 7/18/18

New map (well, a picture of it at least until I can get it Virtualscaped)!

I plan on putting Power Glyphs on the 3-hex Sand space away from the bush. Might scatter 2 or 4 T-Glyphs on as well since it’s meant to be Pirate-y.

Anyways, here’s Picaro Isle! I plan on submitting it for the ARV once I can VS it.

( @Sir Heroscape , @BiggaBullfrog , @Robber , @Nomad : If you guys can provide any feedback from what you see, it’d be appreciated.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5E8160E2-90B1-43ED-B023-AC19FB7A30A5.jpeg (2.88 MB, 11 views)

Last edited by Sheep; July 18th, 2018 at 11:16 PM.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:19 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 7/18/18

Nice looking map HS2010! I realize I'm not any of the people you tagged, but what the heck lol. Here's what I have from a competitive standpoint:

Is there that much road in the Road and Trees set? Additonally, I'm not a superfan of 23 spaces where double spaced squads can be played, then a straggler space. I do realize it'll next to never come up in competitive play though.

Placing the main glyphs in the middle might also weaken the outer ring of spaces even further. They are out of the way for melee and barely offer any defense against range. Scattered perches looks great for T. Glyph spaces, but do give good heroes more incentive to go there and stay there (Raelin loves +1 Defense, Syvarris loves +1 Attack, etc.) Second Raelin can also protect the middle, which can make playing against her and a good screen even tougher.

Despite the general openess of the map, most of the middle looks like a headache for melee. The water tiles create lesser chokepoints, and the variable elevations of the map might hinder Knights and other 4-move melee units quite a bit. But, that's just theory lol.

Good job matey! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:36 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Nice looking map HS2010! I realize I'm not any of the people you tagged, but what the heck lol. Here's what I have from a competitive standpoint:

Is there that much road in the Road and Trees set? Additonally, I'm not a superfan of 23 spaces where double spaced squads can be played, then a straggler space. I do realize it'll next to never come up in competitive play though.

Placing the main glyphs in the middle might also weaken the outer ring of spaces even further. They are out of the way for melee and barely offer any defense against range. Scattered perches looks great for T. Glyph spaces, but do give good heroes more incentive to go there and stay there (Raelin loves +1 Defense, Syvarris loves +1 Attack, etc.) Second Raelin can also protect the middle, which can make playing against her and a good screen even tougher.

Despite the general openess of the map, most of the middle looks like a headache for melee. The water tiles create lesser chokepoints, and the variable elevations of the map might hinder Knights and other 4-move melee units quite a bit. But, that's just theory lol.

Definitely won’t be putting the T-Glyphs up top! I have them on the middle Water spaces not next to the Power Glyphs or Jungle (4 qualifying spaces).

I thought the same thing about melee but Can’t See The Jungle is similar in design (especially considering the Glyphs and surrounding height), and it’s in the BoV.

Oh, and you’re very much allowed to comment! I’m bringing this Saturday to the tourney so hopefully it gets some good exposure.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Talking Re: HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 7/18/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:

Definitely won’t be putting the T-Glyphs up top! I have them on the middle Water spaces not next to the Power Glyphs or Jungle (4 qualifying spaces).

I thought the same thing about melee but Can’t See The Jungle is similar in design (especially considering the Glyphs and surrounding height), and it’s in the BoV.

Oh, and you’re very much allowed to comment! I’m bringing this Saturday to the tourney so hopefully it gets some good exposure.
Huh, the site must be buggy. Or my computer is. This was invisible lol.

I'm looking forward to battling it out on this guy!

I'll have to look over more of the BoV stuff, and the other projects of course. I don't know if I've ever played on Can't See the Jungle, or at least, it's been a long time. Good luck with the ARV!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 18th, 2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post

Huh, the site must be buggy. Or my computer is. This was invisible lol.

I'm looking forward to battling it out on this guy!

I'll have to look over more of the BoV stuff, and the other projects of course. I don't know if I've ever played on Can't See the Jungle, or at least, it's been a long time. Good luck with the ARV!
I edit added that.

And yeah, definitely check out that map by Dignan. This map is very inspired by it.
Old July 19th, 2018, 02:51 PM

Can’t wait to get this Virtualscaped tonight. Here’s a look at potential split SZs. Purple and Blue OMs represent Treasure and Power Glyphs respectively.

@flameslayer93 , I know you had problems with the single hex away from the 23 causing “problems” for double-spced figures. Now there are 5 zones that cna only fit 10 double-spaced figures. I was running back through the discussion and reviews of Can’t See The Jungle... and the judges were okay with that because most competitive armies will never have more than 10 double spaced figures. Most double-spaced squads x2 or x3 is the sweet spot, so that’s 6 or 9 double spaced figures plus any double-spaced Heroes. Hounds x3 and SBN is probably the most competituve army to max out 10 double-spaced figures.

I’m going to link the reviews to Can’t See The Jungle... when the submit this to the ARV, since there are so many similarities.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4D015A9C-3B8A-41E5-A05B-F5BE2C53C717.jpeg (2.97 MB, 11 views)
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:23 PM

Finally! Here's the PDF and Virtualscape Image of Picaro Isle:

Picaro Isle
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF

EDIT: The picture in the PDF differentiates from the pic above in that the level 4 sand tiles are moved one space. I'm keeping it the way in the PDF.

Last edited by Sheep; October 14th, 2018 at 09:06 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 11:57 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry for taking so long to comment here (vacationing), but awesome map, HS2010! I really like the concept you're going for (especially as another fan of Can't See the Jungle). I will say that it's got a lot of concerns going for me right now, not the least of which is that there are a lot of places where units can get turn one engagements on each other from height. This is not only dangerous for powerful melee units, but also because that means that Deathreavers/Gladiatrons only need one turn to start to tie up enemy forces, and they're already so limiting already. I like the split start zone, but if you look at competitive maps that use it like Can't See the Jungle, the start zones are still far enough away that there is time for development to happen. Some ranged units can get strikes in on turn one, but that comes with a lot of counterplay (including tons of jungle for melee units to hide in). The split start zones enhance that counterplay, instead of allowing for turn one power plays.

I also think there are too many glyphs on the map, which is also encouraging turn one power plays since they can all be hit within one movement. A player with Rats can not only engage and tie up enemy forces on turn one, but also grab whichever glyphs are going to help them the most in that endeavor. Again, I really like the feel you're going for, but I do think that if you're going to try to do it with this map then you're going to need to do a bit of reworking on it. That said, I did like the original with the more traditional start zones -- if you go that way I can throw a couple cents at that version for you. Either way this shows a lot of promise for a great end product; I'm excited to see more here!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 27th, 2018, 02:48 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I also like the concept and the design of the map. But, I concur with Bigga that whoever wins initiative in round 1 with the dramatic splitting of the start zones is at a huge advantage and that there are too many glyphs. Just my two cents and happy to lend more.
Old July 27th, 2018, 03:01 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think this map would work better if the split start zones were less split. Like if you made them the back three lines (just the level 1 spaces), and then those 3 sand spaces in the middle.
Old July 31st, 2018, 09:58 AM

To be clear, the Glyphs of Brandar are Treasure Glyphs. That said, there are quite a few maps that use 2x Power Glyphs and 4x Treasure Glyphs (Relic by Dignan is one). My girlfriend and I plan on playing at least 1 game tonight on the map. I’ll post a report here.
Spoiler Alert!

We just had our tournament here a couple of Saturdays ago, and the map seemed to hold up on numerous accounts. Like you guys have mentioned, there are a lot of things you can do Turn 1: you can go for height, grab a Glyph, engage a surrounding enemy, but that also means your opponent can do the same things the next turn. If you go for both Power Glyphs with Rats, that’s only 2 other Rats to do something with, and your opponent is close enough to the Glyphs to be able to counter immediately. Same thing with Raelin. If you fly her out to height Turn 1, enemy figures are close enough to engage her immediately.

An extra note that the Power Glyphs are on water hexes, so no double-spaced figures can reach them. I didn’t think it’d be too big of a deal because the Glyphs are easily able to be surrounded by double-spacers allowing them to at least stack the Glyph (with height, even).
Old August 7th, 2018, 06:55 PM

HS2010's Maps Thread - New ARV Submission - 8/7/18

Second ARV Submission:

The Swamps of Oighir Scath
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 BftU, and 1 TT

I'll be adding backstories and officially submitting the two maps tomorrow.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios