Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old June 8th, 2018, 12:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 31 - Draft (Round 4)

Took a while for that last round to play out, but here we are.

The Play-in Game is on Bountiful Grove.

The dok (3-1) v. Biggabullfrog (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Akumaken, B-11 Resistance Corps, Major J15, Otonashi, Quorik Warwitch, Beakface Sneaksx4, Eilan Sidhex6, Hoplitronx3
* Deathwalker 8000, Major X17, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Hoplitronx4, Mezzodemon Warmongersx2
Biggabullfrog chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool.

kevindola will play the winner of that game. On the other side of the draw:

The Semifinals are on Desecrated Mine.

The Kinseth (3-1) v. Chris Perkins (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Dreadgul Raidersx3, Nhah Scirh Cultistsx3, Phantom Knightsx3, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keepx3
* Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Cyprien Esenwein, Eldgrim the Viking Champion, Guilty McCreech, Isamu, Marcu Esenwein, Otonashi, Rhogar Dragonspine, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Sonlen, Tandros Kreel
Kinseth chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool.
Old June 8th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 31 - Draft (Playoffs)

Just noticed...the Bountiful Grove file indicates that the glyph and surrounding water are level 0, when in fact they are on level 1. Maybe edit that before they game starts

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 9th, 2018, 11:21 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Just noticed...the Bountiful Grove file indicates that the glyph and surrounding water are level 0, when in fact they are on level 1. Maybe edit that before they game starts
Right - 1 level lower than the sourrounding terrain. I think Bigga would have caught it but I'll correct it, thanks.

(As an aside, I imagine it's a mild bummer for the ARV folks that their maps ended up being randomly rolled as 5th and 6th in the lineup for this event, but we'll probably be keeping them in the rotation so they'll play in an earlier round at some point.)
Old June 9th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Right - 1 level lower than the sourrounding terrain. I think Bigga would have caught it but I'll correct it, thanks.

(As an aside, I imagine it's a mild bummer for the ARV folks that their maps ended up being randomly rolled as 5th and 6th in the lineup for this event, but we'll probably be keeping them in the rotation so they'll play in an earlier round at some point.)
We appreciate it! We're just glad our maps are getting more headway in the community and making it onto tounrnament tables.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 11th, 2018, 06:29 PM

BBF and I underway now. I've got Mezzos x2, Sidhe x6, Akumaken. He has B-11s, J15, Hop x3, Axegrinder x2, Sneaks x1.

EDIT: on break for an hour or so. Despite a 7/44 defensive start with my sidhe, things are still somewhat close, with 6 sidhe dead against 4 axegrinders, a hoplitron, and a wound on J15.

Last edited by dok; June 11th, 2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old June 11th, 2018, 09:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Starting with Kinseth now.
Old June 12th, 2018, 12:24 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Starting with Kinseth now.
CPs dice Colder than Sonya's Eternal Heart! He had a nice strategy of moving PKs to the Valda glyph and flying all over the board on me. I had opened with Dreads and Nhah, having expected Atlaga to come for Cyprien early.

I was able to take out 6 of the PKs in the first several Rounds and then Atlaga fell before getting off the Witherbolt.

Good luck next season CP, and sorry about the dice luck!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 13th, 2018, 12:28 PM

The Semifinals are on Desecrated Mine.

The kevindola (4-0) v. Biggabullfrog (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Finn the Viking Champion, Ne-Gok-Sa, Wo-Sa-Ga, Air Elementalx2, Death Knights of Valkrillx2, Dumutef Guardx2, Knights of Weston, Marrden Nagrubs, Roman Legionnaires, Skull Demon, Venoc Vipersx2, Water Elemental
* Deathwalker 8000, Major X17, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Axegrinders of Burning Forgex2, Hoplitronx4, Mezzodemon Warmongersx2
Biggabullfrog chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool.
Old June 16th, 2018, 04:24 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 31 - Draft (Semifinals)

Bigga and I playing now

Bigga: Mezzo x2, deathknights x2, Major X17, Dumutef x2, Air Elemental, Hoplitron
kd: Axegrinders x2, Drake, Hoplitron x3, Skull Demon
Old June 17th, 2018, 01:33 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

10 Round slugfest with Biggabullfrog today to get into the Finals.

Bigga: Mezzo x2, deathknights x2, Major X17, Dumutef x2, Air Elemental, Hoplitron
kd: Axegrinders x2, Drake, Hoplitron x3, Skull Demon

Round 1

I charge the axegrinders forward taking Valda to assist in matters. Bigga sets up X17 and his Hoplitron along with the Air Elemental and deathknights. The 8 move allows the axegrinders to get around cyberclaw and vortex by going the long way, but it also allows the deathknights to get attacks off early. We both exchange a few attacks, but the only casualty was Bigga's lone Hoplitron.

Round2

With my dwarves all up in his face, Bigga switches to the mezzos and boy were they angry. They rolled 18/23 skulls on 5 attacks killing axegrinders on each attack. The axegrinders were less effective against the Dumutefs and deathknights, but did manages to knock off 3 exoskeleton markers and put the first wound on X17 via wannok. The 100% kill rate by the Mezzos really hurt my early plan to catch BBF out of position although I succeeded on getting early attacks I didn't break up thing as much as I wanted. Nice positioning by the Air Elemental and X17 had a lot to do with it as well.

Round 3

I get another few attacks off with Axegrinders but still can't take down a figure. The air elemental and deathknights leave me with dwarf left. I mobilize Drake and kill the Air Elemental.

After 3 round the matchup is:
BBF: dk x2, Dumutef x2, X17 (4), 2x Mezzos (1 exo) vs. Drake, Skull, 3 Hops, 1 axe

Round 4

I open with my last axegrinder taking an attack on a Dumutef (blocked) before going with Drake for my next 11 OMs. The Dumutef kills my last dwarf and then takes Valda. Drake shoots a deathknight (first one). A deathknight engages while a second one takes Wannok. Wound to Skull Demon (1)

Round 5

Drake makes his stand on the height landings above Wannok (not adacent to wannok though) BBF decides not to send in the 2nd Dumutef against Drake giving up height so the Dumutef stays idle this round while Drake battles deathknights. The deathknights put 1 hit on Drake (1), while Drake kills two (1 left). One stays on Wannok which puts a 2nd hit on Skull Demon.

Round 6

A wild round here. I win initiative and Drake kills the last deathknight (on Wannok). Lost OM for DKs. Drake fails a shot at the Dumutef and then Major X17 takes the road to the treasure glyph by the Drake side. And the trap activates......and a skull hits X17 (his 2nd wound....because he soaked up a wannok way back in Round 2) and the trap continues and also kills the Dumutef on Valda. If that wasn't bad enough. The positioning allows me to grapple to height where Drake throws 5 skulls down on the major. He does not survive and Bigga loses another order marker. Brutal stuff.

This leaves the matchup as:
4 Mezzos (1 Exo), Dumutef vs. Drake (5), Skull (1), 3 Hoplitrons

Round 7

Drake disengages (2nd hit) from the Mezzo who had been on the platform above the treasure and shoots him down (3 Mezzos left). While the Mezzos try to quickly mobilize Drake shoots another (2 mezzos left). Because of my fear or a Dumutef Order Marker mixed in, I position Drake a little more aggressively then I would have liked. I was very worried Bigga would sneak in a Dumutef Order Marker to get an attack of 5 against Drake and engage him. It doesn't come but it does allow the Mezzos to engage Drake at the end of this round (from low ground) and put a 3rd wound on him.

2 mezzos (1 Exo), Dumtef vs. Drake (3), Skull (1), 3 Hoplitrons

Round 8

This was a tough call for me. I really only needed 1 more 3v3 special attack to go through and get Bigga to a single Mezzo, but I was having nightmares of a 5 attack Dumutef or back to back 3v4 attacks knocking out Drake and critical order markers. So I decided to go all Hoplitron here and leave Drake idle hoping he could tie up the Mezzos long enough for me to secure Wannok to finish up the match.

Perhaps Bigga was thinking the same thing but with his mezzos as he moved his OMs aroudn as well:
-OM1 Mezzos miss attacks against Drake
-OM1 Hoplitrons move out of SZ
-OM2 Mezzos hit Drake for 1 (4th wound)
-OM2 Hoplitrons take Wannok and fail 4v5 against Dumutef
-OM3 On Dumutef. Fails 5v6 against Hoplitron
-OM3 Hoplitron fails 4v5 against Dumutef

Wannok: kills Dumutef

Really well played Round I thought with close calls. Every kill and block is critical now. If I had killed the Dumutef in either of my 2 tries, then Wannok would have gone on of the last Mezzos. If the Dumutef had killed the Hoplitron...well you'll see.

2 Mezzos (1 Exo) vs. Drake (2), 3 Hoplitrons, Skull (1)

Round 9
A similar choice as last round, but I decide to load up Hoplitrons again. Drake takes a 5th wound on OM1, then is taken down on OM2. I have the chance to engage the Mezzos with the Hoplitrons but would have had to take low ground to do it. I keep height. On OM3 the Mezzos get 2x 4v6 and kill 1 Hoplitron. I claim Wannok and get a 4v4 that knocks out the last Exoskeleton. Wannok kills a Mezzodemon.

1 Mezzo vs. 2 Hoplitrons, Skull Demon (1)

Round 10
The Mezzodemon wins initiative and kills a Hoplitron. I reveal a Hoplitron OM and decide to stay on Wannok. I can't reach the mezzo so I can either take height for defense or stay on low ground with Wannok. Because I actually had my last 2 OMs on the Skull Demon I stay on low ground and keep Wannok. The mezzodemon moves in but his 5v6 on the last Hoplitron fails in a key moment. Bigga's placement also allowed my Skull Demon order marker to engage the Mezzodemon. But my 4v4 for the win is blocked. Because I have a Hopper on Wannok, Bigga has to disengage from the Skull Demon (miss) and then kills the last Hoplitron. However, Bigga could have placed the Mezzo to block me from Wannok. He did not, so I take Wannok with the Skull Demon on my last order marker and it activates to give me the win with a single life Skull Demon.

To be fair though, had he gone to the wannok blocking position I would have had a 4v4 to win it, still I'm sure he would have taken the 4v4 and then we go to next round initiative over the 95% chance from the glyph.

Great game Bigga. It was a wild one with a ton of options on the board for both sides. In retrospect I think I probably cruise at the end if I had put order markers on Drake in Rounds 8 and 9 to finish up the Mezzodemons, but I just had that nagging fear of losing the game because Drake was holding my order markers and taken down quickly. I also think I should have played more conservatively with the dwarves early and let Drake do some work with his pistol. I was a little impatient. For Bigga's part, I am sure he regrets the X17 move, but the trap fail, 2 skull roll, plus my 5 skull attack to kill the Major was a pretty unlikely set of circumstances.

Last edited by kevindola; June 17th, 2018 at 01:57 AM.
Old June 20th, 2018, 01:34 PM

"The Finals are on Dance of the Dryads.

The kevindola (5-0) v. Kinseth (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Finn the Viking Champion, Ne-Gok-Sa, Wo-Sa-Ga, Air Elementalx2, Death Knights of Valkrillx2, Dumutef Guardx2, Knights of Weston, Marrden Nagrubs, Roman Legionnaires, Skull Demon, Venoc Vipersx2, Water Elemental
* Dreadgul Raidersx3, Nhah Scirh Cultistsx3, Phantom Knightsx3, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keepx3
kevindola chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool.
Old June 20th, 2018, 01:39 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
"The Finals are on Dance of the Dryads.

The kevindola (5-0) v. Kinseth (4-1) pool of armies is:
kevindola chooses who picks and places first from the combined pool.
Rematch of Undefeated's in Round 4, time for your beating KD!

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events